Joe's First build - Operation Knightfall - Road to 501st Approval

scrivens35

Officially have started my road to 501st approval by doing as much research as I can and deciding to begin my journey by creating a full "ANH Hero Costume".

I was originally going to start with building a TFA Stormtrooper but decided to start with the original stormtrooper.

Since I'm located in Melbourne, Australia I have started the build with The Black Series Stormtrooper helmet from Zing. (See Picture below).

Next on my shopping list will be the Original Stormtrooper Battle Spec MK3 Armour from Shepperton Design Studios

Interested what people have had to do to their Black series helmet for approval and what people think of the original Stormtrooper Arma.

Please note I know next to nothing about making molds and things from scratch but happy to pay the premium. 

59909253_10216975736938438_893925124003069952_n.jpg

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forums, the black series helmet is styled off Rogue One and not approvable without a lot of work, so for ANH version you won't be able to use it, note that the Hero version also is different to standard Stunt, Hero only have 6 teeth, 3 ear bumps, only 2 ear screws and bubble green lenses. You can find a few other differences list in this doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

Also check out the base requirements for ANH Hero here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

Not many go with SDS these days but you can find a few threads in the builds area and also EIB and Centurion sections. Yu can find some great info following others builds so do the research and I'm sure you'll be fine.

The guys in Knightfall have a few armor workshops during the year so make sure you sign up on their forum: https://forum.501kfg.com/

Good luck and looking forward to the progress.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Joseph!  As Glen mentioned above, that Black Series helmet is quite different from an original trilogy helmet. 

This link is a really good place to start when it comes to figuring out what to buy (if you haven't already found it).

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

It has threads for approved vendors and the differences between some of the kits. as well as what materials and tools you will need.

Good luck!

Officially have started my road to 501st approval by doing as much research as I can and deciding to begin my journey by creating a full "ANH Hero Costume".
I was originally going to start with building a TFA Stormtrooper but decided to start with the original stormtrooper.

Since I'm located in Melbourne, Australia I have started the build with The Black Series Stormtrooper helmet from Zing. (See Picture below).

Next on my shopping list will be the Original Stormtrooper Battle Spec MK3 Armour from Shepperton Design Studios

Interested what people have had to do to their Black series helmet for approval and what people think of the original Stormtrooper Arma.

Please note I know next to nothing about making molds and things from scratch but happy to pay the premium. 
59909253_10216975736938438_893925124003069952_n.thumb.jpg.ae5b9074ee1a71bd2336876e62e5559c.jpg

I looked at the same websites you have. I finally went with RWA creations with Ross and he’s been brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1