Greetings from Silverdale, Washington!

Greetings everyone, my name is Cameron, I'm 30 years old, and I live in the Pacific Northwest with my Wife and Daughter. I'm currently serving in the US Submarine Force on Active Duty, my schedule is unpredictable, but I'm passionate about being of service to others, being a part of a community, and of course, Star Wars. The 501st Legion has always appealed to me, I've been an avid Star Wars fan since I was a toddler, but it's always felt just out of reach, a bit overwhelming, and beyond my artistic abilities. I now find myself in need of a challenging, rewarding hobby, and honestly the 501st Legion sounds perfect. I plan on trooping as a classic, ANH Stormtrooper, a role I've wanted to fulfil for a very long time, I've done about a week's worth of research and all signs pointed me here, to whitearmor.net, and to my local garrison, Garrison Titan, who I intend to make contact with this weekend at their monthly gathering. The task before me is daunting, but I'm committed to success within the vaunted ranks of "Vader's Fist". I thank you all in advance for your assistance on my first steps of this journey, and I'm overjoyed that such an archive of knowledge and wisdom exists. I hope to get to know all of you in time and to someday soon report that I've successfully enlisted in the ranks of the 501st Legion, glory to the Empire, and may the Emperor guide your footsteps.

Hello and welcome aboard, head to the Getting Started section lots of info there to get you started.

Look forward to seeing a build thread from you in the not too distant future, good luck.

• Like 1

Welcome Cameron!  Take your time and do some reading.  As Glen mentioned above, there is a whole section on Getting Started.  In there, you will get tips on where to buy armour and the tools you will need.  Once you have that figured out - there are many tutorials and build threads available for review.  And if you get stuck on something - just ask - we'll be happy to help.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey Cameron welcome to the FISD. Looks like you've been given some getting started advice. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

Welcome Cameron! Looking forward to trooping with you! Try and make it to a Monthly Meet and Greet if you can. You can also sign up as a handler before you get an approved TK if you want to checkout events.

If you are registered on the Garrison Titan Forums, the Washington Summer Con June 15-16 would be a good non-costume volunteer opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Cameron and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

Welcome Cameron!

there are excellent ANH builds for your reference.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

and for additional reference, take a look at our EIB and Centurion threads of finished product.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

lastly, you’ll find our screen gallery very useful.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

have a great build!

• Like 1

Hello Cameron!

Welcome to FISD! Let us know how we can help you. Hoping to see your future build progress here. Cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome!  You've come to the right place.  I recommend the build threads, not just for your armor maker or your version, as majority of them are the same for a lot of the basic build, and the EIB and Centurion threads for great close up photos of various parts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...