damaged boots

Madcow

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the tops of my TK Imperial Boots got damaged by my shins as I was working on the fit of my shins. Some of the paint has been removed. My boots are new, so I'm not quite ready to buy new ones yet. My question is, can just the areas that are damaged be repainted or does the whole boot need to be repainted? Also, is there a good paint brand and color for this?

Thanks

A little wear on the boots is perfectly OK - and screen accurate.  Do you have a pic of the damage?  That would help determine if a fix is necessary. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

A little wear on the boots is perfectly OK - and screen accurate.  Do you have a pic of the damage?  That would help determine if a fix is necessary. 

I don't have any photos here at work. Ill post them when I get home.

Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, Madcow said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the tops of my TK Imperial Boots got damaged by my shins as I was working on the fit of my shins. Some of the paint has been removed. My boots are new, so I'm not quite ready to buy new ones yet. My question is, can just the areas that are damaged be repainted or does the whole boot need to be repainted? Also, is there a good paint brand and color for this?

Thanks

As wook1138 stated wear and tear is normal. If it bothers you paint them, I do, I use gloss white shoe paint/polish.

I know what your talking about same things happened to my boots. Made me wanna cry damnit! Pay a bunch of money and then they run the boot and not wear and tear like messing the boot up itself. I made a strap around the boot and it Velcros together that helps prevent it, I also made sure the edges were sanded well. Next I’m gonna put some felt on the inside of the shins to help with rubbing against the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even so often I go over my boots with shoe whitener 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank75139 said:

If his cuts are like mine polish doesn’t help. It’s actual cuts in the finish.

For my old boots I used white acrylic water based paint, covers nicely then use the polish over the top so it matches the rest of the boot.

For my new boots and armor I've added some thin dense foam inside the bottom of the shins, helps to stop them wearing.

• Like 2

On the flip side, you could also sand the ends of your shins a little if they're cutting into the boots.  I was getting a nasty scuff mark in one of mine before I did that.

• Like 2