TKNick8350 Anovos Armor to TK ESB

TKNick8350

So, I was hoping to make my Anovos TK in to the Battlefront Shocktrooper...what happen you say?  That thigh armor on Anovos, does not do overlaps.....

46844008715_840b71ff85.jpg

Not to Fear!!!

I did not take off any edges off to apply the rubber trim all around the edges. Phew close one!

So now, I need to research all over again to know what goes with the ESB Trooper.

The things I need:

1. ESB screen Used Strapping and snaps

2. Humbrol Paints

3 Correct Helmet Decals

4 New Belt material

5 new holster or will the left sided one work for the right side?

6. Imperial boots 

7. Paint if needed

ATA works should have my new forearms with ESB handguards are done this week. Then I get back on working on my Trooper.

I don’t know what ATA plastic will look like next to Anovos plastic, if it looks patchy, I am okay at painting the armor to get it match before strapping. Plus ESB armor looks bright white compared to Anovos’s Milky white dull color. 

So,  legs  armor needs shims ( I’ll hold off on that until My first or second armor party get together. So it’s best for me to get the torso done first, work on the shim on the kidney plate to the Ab plate.  Get the strapping kit I want, and move on from there.

For those who have followed me in to this challenging journey and guided me along, thank you kindly. 

So where I left off from that nightmare...

I trimmed the upper thigh, hoping to get some wiggle room as well as the lip, seen here with left over sharpie lines.

47700245772_bd12e01650_b.jpg

I took off the bottom lip for more room. 

40794204903_eaf8245fa0_b.jpg

Then I made a mock up shim with a for sale sign. The front is at 30mm and the back mock up shim is at 40mm. Good News is, it fits with but the front looks like “David Lettermen” smiling at me in my own thigh armor. Maybe this can be fix, maybe at 20mm? Or abs paste? Abs sheet with epoxy putty? 

47701040562_4d93ff796c_b.jpg

”I swear that’s David Letterman!”

46964496624_3ac8f4134b_b.jpg

The back with the mock up 40 mm shim.

I would love some feedback from you pros costume builders. I’m just a semi pro model builder who does stuff like this....

46971431454_b8348866f2_b.jpg

and this...

47760703081_1d36c5cb71_b.jpg

So I want to LEARN something new! And I am ready!!!

Okay, that’s a good start to start new again! 

Thank you all your time to looking at my new and improved page!

To be Continued...

Looking good, cross posting from your other threads:

Those will work, just remember you'll have to go all the way to the ends with the backing, especially the bottom ridge as the cover strip stops above the lower ridge front and back. So add the strips behind, then strips in the centre which will match the sides of the pieces, add ABS paste. You'll need some ABS paste you can find a how too here: 

ANH holster will work but you will need black loops that will go over the belt

Image result for esb holster whitearmor

48 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, cross posting from your other threads:

Those will work, just remember you'll have to go all the way to the ends with the backing, especially the bottom ridge as the cover strip stops above the lower ridge front and back. So add the strips behind, then strips in the centre which will match the sides of the pieces, add ABS paste. You'll need some ABS paste you can find a how too here: 

ANH holster will work but you will need black loops that will go over the belt

Image result for esb holster whitearmor

@gmrhodes13 thank you very much. Now who makes a good E11?

8 minutes ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

TM is a fairly close color match to RS.

Also, ESB armor is reused ANH, so the color would be pretty similar between the two.

If I have a extended abs plate that’s Color is say different, what would work to “feather” or blend in the white with the surface that was worked on?

13 hours ago, TKNick8350 said:

Yes.

But if you are doing ESB, you will need to swap out the scope to a M19 (if you are bend on getting it accurate). Find @bulldog44 on this forum, he makes amazing resin replica kit of both M19 and M38 scope, direct from Japan.

What you won't be needing from the kit is the Hengstler Counter and the Power Cylinders, you can toss them on the sales section here and look for a buyer.

Edited by giskard8
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giskard8 said:

Yes.

But if you are doing ESB, you will need to swap out the scope to a M19 (if you are bend on getting it accurate). Find @bulldog44 on this forum, he makes amazing resin replica kit of both M19 and M38 scope, direct from Japan.

What you won't be needing from the kit is the Hengstler Counter and the Power Cylinders, you can toss them on the sales section here and look for a buyer.

I might look in to a praetorian, the have a nice M19. This could be possibly a Christmas gift from the mrs’s this year!

• Like 2

Any good screen accurate strapping kits? 

I really like  Imperial boots strap kit and it is a reasonable price.

Anybody get this kit or any kit from another seller? It seems like this will be simple build to do thanks to UKSWRATH strap setup. 

I’ve seen Sarah’s Baileys on Etsy but don’t need the ANH gloves. I’ll give her a contact on Etsy tonight. 

Purchasing Trooper Bays ABS sheets and paint.   But would look to get the strapping kit soon!

Although I don't have the IB strap kit, it looks good and seems like a good little package of straps and snaps.

Some people get mr nostripes brackets than just by the other parts independently.

You can also just by individual straps, snaps, velcro, and other things and just make the internal strap setup yourself.

22 hours ago, TKNick8350 said:

Any good screen accurate strapping kits? 

I really like  Imperial boots strap kit and it is a reasonable price.

Anybody get this kit or any kit from another seller? It seems like this will be simple build to do thanks to UKSWRATH strap setup. 

I’ve seen Sarah’s Baileys on Etsy but don’t need the ANH gloves. I’ll give her a contact on Etsy tonight. 

Purchasing Trooper Bays ABS sheets and paint.   But would look to get the strapping kit soon!

Well if you're looking to go screen accurate than as Rowan mentioned bracket and straps is your go to choice. I'm not aware of anyone of than Mr Nostripes that makes them. All other areas connected with poppers (specific snaps) set and sew in. Those you can get from Ebay UK, maybe some other areas by now. My Anovos OTTK build thread has a list of where to buy if you want to go that route.  

• Like 1

It’s been awhile! Work and exhaustion kept me away from my work in progress, but today and tomorrow is my day off!

So I worked on my left thigh, and toyed around with the mock-up shim size. I ended up making 3  strips at 30mm and measured them 10mm at each side, used e6k to apply the strips on the armor and repeat. Then when dried, butted the inner thigh and blue taped it together and clamped the back side. Than, applied glue and clamped and gotten this.....

32863998557_8769b09cbe_b.jpg

As much I want to trim up the front to make the cover strip flushed in the front, I think it won’t work.

32863998477_130978d5a9_b.jpg

Here’s the backside compared to the one with the shim. So this is just a mock up until I get my ABS sheets from Trooperbay on Friday or Saturday.

Here is the fit.

40841163663_d338df14e2_b.jpg

So it fits perfectly. I’ll end up mocking up the right thigh like this. It has wiggle room, but Mobility is meh. That’ll be for another day!

Good news! My ATAworks forearms will be delivered to my work! So I’m looking forward to see my new forearms and handguards.

Ill get better pictures at the backside with both thigh armor pieces when my fiancé gets home!

2 minutes ago, TKNick8350 said:

I’m thinking the front and the back. The back just to brace in place.

I would advise against using shims for the front. There really is no need and you would be forced to use a very wide cover strip and that simply put won´t look good.

If you already decided to shim then you have the great option to do so in the back AND therefore be able to use cover strips with a more Canon look which normally are 20-22mm for the thighs:)

h8dUkJr.png

Zgmoqvy.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

I would advise against using shims for the front. There really is no need and you would be forced to use a very wide cover strip and that simply put won´t look good.

If you already decided to shim then you have the great option to do so in the back AND therefore be able to use cover strips with a more Canon look which normally are 20-22mm for the thighs:)

h8dUkJr.png

Zgmoqvy.png

So butt it at the front and widen it at the back at the pleasant fit?

Today, gotten my ata forearm kit. Looks great and super sturdy.  Little concerned that the color doesn’t perfectly quite match the Anovos armor. It could be for how long it was in the box and in warm temperatures while be stored in a storage while moving in to the new home, I heard good things about retrobrite, if not somebody pointed out to rustoleum painter’s touch semi white for the forearms. Or, I can use what I have that came with the kit, and fix the cover strips. I would have spare parts Incase the worse happens.... 

then, I placed the coverstrips on the thighs today and letting them cure overnight.

32870992017_f115cd4ba1_b.jpg

Anovos left and ATA Right

46898428445_d82ffec00c_b.jpg

47025329704_e72fe2f12e_b.jpg

32870992017_f115cd4ba1_b.jpg

But I could use the abs to fix the coverstrips.

So that’s what I have tonight. Chime in! The armor party is in a couple of weeks in town, so i gotten the weekend off for that. This could help me a lot getting the armor done, and after that, assembly and fitting.

9 hours ago, TheSwede said:

If you are in need of new forearms then TM (troopermaster) is an ideal match for Anovos and he also makes ESB handguards. You find him here or on FB:salute:

Well, I spent $150 already for an all new forearm kit. What I can possibly do, is use a rustoleum painters touch semi gloss white. Somebody on here said it’s pretty close to the raw Anovos.

Shame about the color difference but a lot of makers armor are different shades, ATA probably the most off white/cream compared to many. I've read most use a gloss white for touch up for Anovos, just be aware that forearms can get pretty scratched up over time.