Opinions on Ulkswraths TK Audio System?

On 5/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, Scimitar said:

I have Ukswrath's audio system, hearing assist, and fan kit and I recommend them all, especially for having a clean, self-contained helmet. I'm still working on the hearing assist, when I use it with the fans on it tends to buzz just loudly enough to drown out what's going on outside the helmet, I'm going to install some padding to dampen/isolate the fan vibrations though. Should fix it right up. I love the audio kit too. For crowd heavy troops I'll run a splitter and an Aker under my chest plate for more volume but for a majority of the troops the audio kit is more than sufficient.

Here's how I stuffed everything in my AP helmet. It gets a bit tight going on or coming off, but once it's on, I have plenty of room.

42508868154_0fa4f04723_c.jpg

I glued each component on some scrap ABS as a mounting bracket/surface and used the ear screws as main mounting points. I backed the brackets that go up into the helmet with industrial Velcro to support the weight and to keep them from flopping down.

42323334315_baa24ebea6_c.jpg

42323334005_e1b1367244_c.jpg

I did find that it made a noticeable difference to aim the mic directly at your mouth for the most volume possible, so I used Velcro to secure it like so:

42508868204_a7af8c6789_c.jpg

This is the best picture and comment for me personally.  I dont even have my helmet yet, but I ordered the icomm from UKSWrath and I love it!.  I noticed the same thing that for the volume output, I found that the mic needs to be nearly at my lips.  I would like a more sensitive microphone, but with the fans, might make for a different problem.

I was going to comment to UKSWrath my appreciation of his work, and albeit I compensated him with payment lol.... Still I am very happy with the iComm.  Excellent product.  Highly recommend.

I do have a question however... what is the secondary unit in the package that has the usb attached to it, and a red connector on the other end??  I haven't sorted out what this is for... or where to plug it in ... lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TK91977 said:

This is the best picture and comment for me personally.  I dont even have my helmet yet, but I ordered the icomm from UKSWrath and I love it!.  I noticed the same thing that for the volume output, I found that the mic needs to be nearly at my lips.  I would like a more sensitive microphone, but with the fans, might make for a different problem.

I was going to comment to UKSWrath my appreciation of his work, and albeit I compensated him with payment lol.... Still I am very happy with the iComm.  Excellent product.  Highly recommend.

I do have a question however... what is the secondary unit in the package that has the usb attached to it, and a red connector on the other end??  I haven't sorted out what this is for... or where to plug it in ... lol

That is the USB adapter that allows you to plug your fan bracket into a USB power supply rather than the battery box.

• 1 month later...
I have Ukswrath's audio system, hearing assist, and fan kit and I recommend them all, especially for having a clean, self-contained helmet. I'm still working on the hearing assist, when I use it with the fans on it tends to buzz just loudly enough to drown out what's going on outside the helmet, I'm going to install some padding to dampen/isolate the fan vibrations though. Should fix it right up. I love the audio kit too. For crowd heavy troops I'll run a splitter and an Aker under my chest plate for more volume but for a majority of the troops the audio kit is more than sufficient.

Here's how I stuffed everything in my AP helmet. It gets a bit tight going on or coming off, but once it's on, I have plenty of room.

42508868154_0fa4f04723_c.jpg&key=3cec2a2b1c133cd2585020d9dcd1b5b9f11aa4515bea82a514c46aafc3f24ae2

I glued each component on some scrap ABS as a mounting bracket/surface and used the ear screws as main mounting points. I backed the brackets that go up into the helmet with industrial Velcro to support the weight and to keep them from flopping down.

42323334315_baa24ebea6_c.jpg&key=935b1510ac5da27d6298b36681711f06a4d91286ef2fd6714fcbe916c398c259

42323334005_e1b1367244_c.jpg&key=0805d485b21f690d7bfe65b7f48f9f7794904cbe34a505b1fe16b372491f09d7

I did find that it made a noticeable difference to aim the mic directly at your mouth for the most volume possible, so I used Velcro to secure it like so:

42508868204_a7af8c6789_c.jpg&key=7e7d7c0f69311851de1b6c3eb0104c12b97371b38de2ea25e5f9f265425cd331

Quick question... will any of these mods invalidate my TK approval or the Centurion requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Harder said:

Quick question... will any of these mods invalidate my TK approval or the Centurion requirements?

Not at all. Unless you have visible wires hanging out or something like that, then you'd likely be asked to clean those up. And as far as the audio system goes, it's EIB/Centurion ready out of the box as the Hovi-MIX tips meet the Level 2 requirements.

Edited by Scimitar

6 minutes ago, Harder said:

Not at all, you'll be able to attain all the way to L3 Centurion 

• Like 1

Not at all, you'll be able to attain all the way to L3 Centurion 

Perfect. Ty Glenn. Then I’m gonna be painting the inside and mounting all the hardware tomorrow.

Excited

• Like 1

Not at all. Unless you have visible wires hanging out or something like that, then you'd likely be asked to clean those up. And as far as the audio system goes, it's EIB/Centurion ready out of the box as the Hovi-MIX tips meet the Level 2 requirements.

I trust you’ll be honored and not offended but I’m intending to copy your helmet insides. I like that look. I bought a can of truck bed spray on liner, MaskedVengeance supplied me with some screen, I have UKSWRATH’s fans and audio iComm, new Jovi tips, and I need to (apparently) fuel down the green film for the eyes.

One other question. Is shortening the bolts a bad thing? I sincerely do not like the extra length. As a ME, it’s bothering me to not have it be to spec of a bolt seat dimension.

• Like 1

Not even a little offended! I can't claim credit for blacking out the inside, the inspiration came from many threads here. And stuffing all of the electronics inside just took some time until I found the method that fit around my head, hope it works for you too!

Yes, shortening is a good idea IMO, especially if you're screws/bolts are long, you risk scratching your face. If you look at my second picture you'll see I shortened the exposed screw to just above the nut, I left a little length on it just so I'd have an easier time getting the nut threaded with everything else in place.

Edited by Scimitar

Thanks for the Kudos everyone. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to post them here or contact me directly.  

Sorry I haven't been around as much these days, hoping to change that in the near future. 

THT :salute:

• Like 1

Nadas,

I just completed my build and submitted for EIB status.  I was looking for an audio system myself. I found Ukswrath on Etsy and YouTube, and continually saw his products mentioned in the forums.  I jumped in and picked up the Hovi mic tips, cooling system bracket, chatter loop and audio system with Modulation.  I have no electrical skills and should not be trusted.  His products are awesome and come ready to install. The directions are supplied and are easy to follow.  The bracket covers the wiring and makes the helmet look very clean. The fans are a must.  The chatter loop really adds to the authentic touch.   The audio system with hovi tips and modulation sound great.  Below are a few pics of my bucket.  Good luck in your search. 
Md8hcLim.jpgdaUTOfxm.jpgfeYcK9Cm.jpg
Respectfully,

TK-11312

Michael

• Like 1