Opinions on Ulkswraths TK Audio System?

I was looking around and found his audio system I was wondering if this would be a good way of keeping everything inside the helmet with no wires down the neck.

Link: --------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Well I'm a bit biased but I love mine lol

Does it fit nicely into the helmet after adding cushioning for your head? Thinking of getting this after assembling my armor this year wanted something that is easily contained in the helmet with no wires.

5 minutes ago, Nada said:

Does it fit nicely into the helmet after adding cushioning for your head? Thinking of getting this after assembling my armor this year wanted something that is easily contained in the helmet with no wires.

It should however, that completely depends on your helmet type, the size of your head and how much padding you've installed. That said I have 100s of happy customers with a variety of setups.    

It should however, that completely depends on your helmet type, the size of your head and how much padding you've installed. That said I have 100s of happy customers with a variety of setups.    

Going for a new hope stunt from AP so it will probably work fine. Nothing over board just making it comfy while trooping

AP, good choice :duim:.

Also, if you find yourself in need of a cooling system my friend Andrew lives in Australia. He can hook you up from there.  

Oh awesome I was gonna get the cooling system from him to but if there is an Aussy seller sure I’ll support him and buy from there!

• Like 1

Cool, his name here is  Sly11

I just noticed you’re the one that makes it no problem I just wanted other opinions because your work looks amazing, should look at usernames more haha

From a completely unbiased, yet biased, side I highly recommend as I have my FOTK fitted with audio and cooling system from ukswrath. Soooooooo yeah there’s my statement.

5 minutes ago, FN-1313 said:

From a completely unbiased, yet biased, side I highly recommend as I have my FOTK fitted with audio and cooling system from ukswrath. Soooooooo yeah there’s my statement.

lol, awesome thanks :duim:

• Like 1

Thank you; it sounds like I’m most likely going to get it for a good audio system having everything installed just in the helmet so there is no wires going out of the helmet

• Like 1

I would recommend it. I'm building my kit currently, but I knew I didn't want to be wire connected. Also, I liked the idea of the sound coming from the hovi's instead of an external speaker mounted behind the chest plate.

As for wiring inside, it's really how you lay it out. I may adjust mine a little more on the inside. (I have a few other items inside as well.:) )HwrmPRO.jpg

• Like 2

I have Ukswrath's audio system, hearing assist, and fan kit and I recommend them all, especially for having a clean, self-contained helmet. I'm still working on the hearing assist, when I use it with the fans on it tends to buzz just loudly enough to drown out what's going on outside the helmet, I'm going to install some padding to dampen/isolate the fan vibrations though. Should fix it right up. I love the audio kit too. For crowd heavy troops I'll run a splitter and an Aker under my chest plate for more volume but for a majority of the troops the audio kit is more than sufficient.

Here's how I stuffed everything in my AP helmet. It gets a bit tight going on or coming off, but once it's on, I have plenty of room.

42508868154_0fa4f04723_c.jpg

I glued each component on some scrap ABS as a mounting bracket/surface and used the ear screws as main mounting points. I backed the brackets that go up into the helmet with industrial Velcro to support the weight and to keep them from flopping down.

42323334315_baa24ebea6_c.jpg

42323334005_e1b1367244_c.jpg

I did find that it made a noticeable difference to aim the mic directly at your mouth for the most volume possible, so I used Velcro to secure it like so:

42508868204_a7af8c6789_c.jpg

Edited by Scimitar
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

I have Ukswrath's audio system, hearing assist, and fan kit and I recommend them all, especially for having a clean, self-contained helmet. I'm still working on the hearing assist, when I use it with the fans on it tends to buzz just loudly enough to drown out what's going on outside the helmet, I'm going to install some padding to dampen/isolate the fan vibrations though. Should fix it right up. I love the audio kit too. For crowd heavy troops I'll run a splitter and an Aker under my chest plate for more volume but for a majority of the troops the audio kit is more than sufficient.

Awesome, hope you don't mind I use these when customers ask for installation photos :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vortex512 said:

I would recommend it. I'm building my kit currently, but I knew I didn't want to be wire connected. Also, I liked the idea of the sound coming from the hovi's instead of an external speaker mounted behind the chest plate.

As for wiring inside, it's really how you lay it out. I may adjust mine a little more on the inside. (I have a few other items inside as well.:) )

Hope I can you your photo also Chris, thanks

I have the UKSWRATH audio and fan setup in my bucket and I’m very pleased with it. I love that everything is in the bucket, no wires to run down and out to connect somewhere.

26dccb7f05bd6c86e9e6dc14a9c22c84.jpg

9fbdabd4c002e86fb90f765032a76724.jpg

5 minutes ago, WhiteWalker said:

I have the UKSWRATH audio and fan setup in my bucket and I’m very pleased with it. I love that everything is in the bucket, no wires to run down and out to connect somewhere.

Awesome thank you. Hope it's ok to use your photos

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Awesome thank you. Hope it's ok to use your photos

Absolutely!  May not be as pretty inside the bucket as others, but it works for me!  :-)  

2 hours ago, WhiteWalker said:

Absolutely!  May not be as pretty inside the bucket as others, but it works for me!  :-)  

Awesome thank you

I just installed one in my wife's Shadow bucket that is the same as the ANH TK. Everything was top quality and fit perfectly.

On her first troop with it she loved it.

There were only a couple points she had after the troop but she is 100% happy with it.

1. The speakers out the front could be a little louder but they are small so they can only do so much.

2. The Hearing System could be a little louder as it is still a little hard to hear over the fans but better than nothing.

3. The mic was getting some pretty good feedback. We have not had a chance to mess with it or talk to Tony but another trooper there was having the same problem.

5 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I just installed one in my wife's Shadow bucket that is the same as the ANH TK. Everything was top quality and fit perfectly.

On her first troop with it she loved it.

There were only a couple points she had after the troop but she is 100% happy with it.

1. The speakers out the front could be a little louder but they are small so they can only do so much. About sums it up :duim:

2. The Hearing System could be a little louder as it is still a little hard to hear over the fans but better than nothing. Try using noise cancelling ear buds. The SHA can blow your ear drums out, trust me. 

3. The mic was getting some pretty good feedback. We have not had a chance to mess with it or talk to Tony but another trooper there was having the same problem. Mic placement and insulation are key. Send me a PM and let's try to resolve the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

As far as having an audio system with no wires coming out of the helmet, you do also have the option of having an amplifier (and battery and voice modulator) mounted in your chest plate along with a wireless mic mounted in the helmet. That way there are no wires running out of the helmet. Just throwing that out there as an option.

• Like 1