TK 46165 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [920]

I hope these pics cover what you’re looking for and meet the EIB level requirements. Let me know if I need to add or change anything. 

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30442

Name: Dave Araujo 

TK 46165

Forum name: Easy

Canadian Garrison 

gKDAwcG.jpg

cOeXcU5.jpg

cCOp1H7.jpg

reZe9Ls.jpg

kajYXZH.jpg

D3oU6HN.jpg

Split rivet

0MVb8y6.jpg

BJGaNvL.jpg

koPFhgu.jpg

UIbV7Ru.jpg

xDt78Vi.jpg

Jg2zro1.jpg

wQJzke8.jpg

2bHvM3h.jpg

zKhZPTV.jpg

Before trimming ends, split rivets in

1QNLJpK.jpg

zoyg9A6.jpg

New blasterpro blaster should be in this week. 

Edited by Easy

Hello Dave!  Thank you for submitting your armor for consideration to the EIB Program!

Before we can begin review of your photos, you will need to include some additional information on your application.  Below are the general guidelines for application: (Note that you may already have submitted some of these items in your application, thank you!)

Please follow this format If you are ready to request FISD Deployment:

1: Review the relevant Expert Infantryman requirements on your specific CRL.
2: Create a new post with the title format: "TK-XXXX Requesting [ANH|ESB|ROTJ|etc] EIB Status"  
3: Include the following:

• 1: Your Name
  • 2: Your 501st TK ID
  • 3: Your FISD forum name
  • 4: Your Garrison
  • 5: Upload high-resolution photos of front, back & both sides of yourself in full armor as well as detail photos displaying compliance with all Expert Infantryman items. Please do not forget to include a well lit action shot in front of a plain background.
  • 6: When in doubt, look at previous successfully deployed threads, or simply ask! It's what we're here for.
  • 7: You must be a 501st approved Stormtrooper. If you are, but haven't permission to create your thread, request 501st access in this thread.

Thanks again for your submission, Dave!  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Hello Dave!  Thank you for submitting your armor for consideration to the EIB Program!

Before we can begin review of your photos, you will need to include some additional information on your application.  Below are the general guidelines for application: (Note that you may already have submitted some of these items in your application, thank you!)

Please follow this format If you are ready to request FISD Deployment:

1: Review the relevant Expert Infantryman requirements on your specific CRL.
2: Create a new post with the title format: "TK-XXXX Requesting [ANH|ESB|ROTJ|etc] EIB Status"  
3: Include the following:

• 1: Your Name
  • 2: Your 501st TK ID
  • 3: Your FISD forum name
  • 4: Your Garrison
  • 5: Upload high-resolution photos of front, back & both sides of yourself in full armor as well as detail photos displaying compliance with all Expert Infantryman items. Please do not forget to include a well lit action shot in front of a plain background.
  • 6: When in doubt, look at previous successfully deployed threads, or simply ask! It's what we're here for.
  • 7: You must be a 501st approved Stormtrooper. If you are, but haven't permission to create your thread, request 501st access in this thread.

Thanks again for your submission, Dave!  

Yup what he said. Good Luck trooper.

Also, you need to show pics of the blaster as well.

So far what i can see, your armor meets requirements. Looking good. Just make sure you update your post.

Good luck Dave.  Erm, is there a cut in your brow, right above the eye? :huh: If so, you might be able to fix that simply by turning the inside out. ;)

4 hours ago, Easy said:

Jg2zro1.jpg

On 4/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, T-Jay said:

Good luck Dave.  Erm, is there a cut in your brow, right above the eye? :huh: If so, you might be able to fix that simply by turning the inside out. ;)

Forgot about that. Might be my project for tonight. 

Turns out its cut cut on the other side too. I remember cutting it while trimming for the  brow gap. 

Edited by Easy

• Cricket changed the title to TK 46165 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status

Thank you for making those updates so quickly, Dave!  Great work with your kit!

I understand that you are currently awaiting your new blaster.  Once it arrives, please be sure to take a photo of the left and right sides and include them for review.  We can't formally review your application until we have all necessary photos.  :) 

In addition to the blaster photos, we also need some additional photos to complete your EIB application.  We need the following items:

Sniper Knee Detail (left, right, and from the front)

Right Side Detail (example photo)

JohnBlackk_RightDetail.jpg

Left Side Detail (example photo)
JohnBlackk_LeftDetail.jpg

Hovi tip detail (example photo)

32865433830_ef3359dfa0_b.jpg&key=5a395fd

Ammo Belt with Holster Attachment (example photo)
Storm_Knight1_CenturionPics-BeltFront.jp

Neckseal (example photo)

33206827236_64b486fd96_b.jpg&key=9385218

Interior Strapping (example photo)

Turrican_Strapping.jpg

Abdomen Details (example photo)

33092137992_28aa85e628_b.jpg&key=caada16

Once these photos have been added to your application, we can then formally begin your Expert Infantry review.  We look forward to hearing back from you soon!  :duim:

Apologies, I forgot to request additional mandatory information (as listed in the EIB Application Guidelines section):

Mandatory Information

• Armor = Armor Maker
  • Helmet= Helmet Maker
  • Blaster= Blaster Type

Please update your application with this additional information.  Thank you!

• Cricket changed the title to TK 46165 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [In Review- Photos Requested]

Thanks Cricket. Looks like I’ll be waiting a bit to get all the pics. The Blaster should be here soon and I’m waiting on my replacement neckseal from Teresa (Geeky Pink). 

My armour and helmet come from AM Armor. The Blaster is from Charles Craig of Blasterpro. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Hope I get this right. I included the left ab/kidney hinge and right ab/kidney magnetic latch. 

Armour: AM Armor 2.0

Helmet: AM Armor 4.5

Blaster: Blastpro

Holster: Darmans Props

Neckseal: Geeky Pink’s Phantastic Gaskets

gKDAwcG.jpg

cOeXcU5.jpg

cCOp1H7.jpg

reZe9Ls.jpg

kajYXZH.jpg

QqkbdU1.jpg

D3oU6HN.jpg

AHTvMQ0.jpg

BEwPCUS.jpg

0MVb8y6.jpg

BJGaNvL.jpg

uoXhaA6.jpg

qA74OV5.jpg

OXB4Elz.jpg

L4ty9wT.jpg

bPGIRmy.jpg

Qj2KqAP.jpg

koPFhgu.jpg

UIbV7Ru.jpg

xDt78Vi.jpg

Jg2zro1.jpg

b3EwM6p.jpg

wQJzke8.jpg

HveCzTZ.jpg

sUls83p.jpg

93s9wh6.jpg

0jPDPP4.jpg

gy1Wb0S.jpg

De09i85.jpg

0KPXIdq.jpg

VeVWNU7.jpg

X9f8rEm.jpg

zxkEguQ.jpg

mteVyhh.jpg

pt4Hon3.jpg

jVTZ0kw.jpg

uPbVnwH.jpg

nI8gXdi.jpg

7MGmE31.jpg

KrVHiNP.jpg

AuEonHn.jpg

r4ChPSj.jpg

xMvfERl.jpg

1TJ1731.jpg

uXCC2HB.jpg

fAmjx4g.jpg

67IaCyc.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Easy

Hey Dave, 

Thanks for submitting those additional photos.  I'm loving that Aurebesh customization in there.   And that magnetic kidney/ab closure is very nice!

We still need some additional photos before we can begin.  We need the following images to complete your application:

• Front view sniper knee
  • Left side ab/kidney detail, closed, no belt (you don't have to be wearing it)
  • Right side ab/kidney detail, closed, no belt (you don't have to be wearing it)
  • Forearm wrist ends
  • Kidney/butt plate exterior view of the returns/screw heads.

Once we have those photos, we will be on our way.  Thank you for your cooperation and patience!  :duim:

I added the pics as requested. I thought the Aurebesh would be a nice touch, thanks. I have a few compliments on it now. I also added a pic of the chest/ab bracket screws since they are required to be painted as well. The magnetic kidney/ab was possible because of your shins setup, I did it and it’s great. The main difference is that they actually slide but don’t lock. The Han snap holds the top together and the ammo belt holds the bottom, like the movie kits. The magnets slide out when bending or breathing deep then return everything to proper alignment every time. 

I can can imagine how trying it can be to walk newbs through this process. I appreciate your patience with me as well. Let me know if there’s anything else you need. 

Thanks for those photos, Dave!  Upon initial glance, it looks like we have everything we now need to begin your Expert Infantry review.  We will let you know if we need any additional detail images.  :duim:  We will get back to you soon!  :salute:

• Cricket changed the title to TK 46165 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [In Review]
9 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

In the future, you might want to consider buying a new brow, it’s short on both sides. Hope this helps ! emoji4.png1d3afb6e1e67ce38c109cc739e3503fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my to do list. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

Can I see a Pix of the D-ring ?

There are two blasters I’ll be using depending on the event. The complete prop and I’m including my current project that has lights and sound. 

This is the prop:

1Lg4EyP.jpg

XA9xq7J.jpg

36Q8fuS.jpg

f4sanZ3.jpg

TsQQWJc.jpg

itsAZib.jpg

4nErLC2.jpg

This is the more functional unit still in progress. This is a kit from Raymond Hebert BlasterMaster. 

RQGsgul.jpg

CbElu2a.jpg

There are two blasters I’ll be using depending on the event. The complete prop and I’m including my current project that has lights and sound. 

This is the prop:
1Lg4EyP.jpg&key=2262d661fb5c228965a3698fffeac8d7602a9a43048cbe853cb6caaf8724dedc

XA9xq7J.jpg&key=f1ca7b1b05c2ca36f8015448d4364ca308366beb366b1ce54ead21ba47305a62

36Q8fuS.jpg&key=b78c19c1e1f89f0ebd6325892b9ccd857179a2277950c8e501355d6388c68113

f4sanZ3.jpg&key=4485b0273f86a63ec4d92f60dc3a592ed00d1365998f776e046cc5db5e58ae78

TsQQWJc.jpg&key=0a3eaa27c5388f50e740d82f952828efbfa7024e18120df758db863d2d492884

itsAZib.jpg&key=f54403900f0847d8e34690c4e74ba22533c3a1879051f4b1cc142893da5ecdd1

4nErLC2.jpg&key=ab6480c33a99723ed9c06d5a13e1f9151ee91f290bd62e315792feea767e1618

This is the more functional unit still in progress. This is a kit from Raymond Hebert BlasterMaster. 
RQGsgul.jpg&key=be1d09b282bafd4ff47eaf9c97fc05225607c4d3c3095d130a1c3ef69a07f2d7

CbElu2a.jpg&key=ddad345bfd87447162a6e19900bf0812db7954785eb0890961ffa37fb9cf56fd

I like them.... which one is the lightest for trooping purposes ?

3 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

I like them.... which one is the lightest for trooping purposes ?

This one seems slightly lighter. Both good trooping weight though. This one is ready for paint now. 

dytLLQf.jpg

nbcVNpL.jpg

Hello Dave, 

Overall, you did an outstanding job on your helmet!  In examining the details on your lid, we have noticed some small areas of clean up that will need a little attention before we can further process your application. Some of the gray paint has spilled outside of the teeth areas.  A toothpick or a small brush and enamel thinner would easily clean up those areas and make that frown look like it just came off the ANH set.

47967786288_b59cf10416.jpg

Next, could you please clarify which blaster you are submitting for your Expert Infantry application?  We only need one.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I took the teeth paint down some to remove the excess area covered. 

MaQ55hh.jpg

I also replaced my brow with a new Trooperbay brow. 

5UUyc2Y.jpg

oLLVVag.jpg

The blaster that I’m submitting is the 3D print I built. 

412oiF9.jpg

F4IBZmW.jpg

dFm5DkV.jpg

DUwvp9Z.jpg

HaV2QAp.jpg

NUrcBZV.jpg

3ZQlo57.jpg

bbuArS4.jpg

Greetings Dave and welcome back to your Expert Infantry review. Thank you for your EIB application. We really appreciate the extra effort you've made to submit additional photos for the review and make changes as requested.  It's been long enough...  Are you ready???  Let’s get to it!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. Thank you for taking the time to submit such great photos! Your armor contains all necessary elements to qualify you for EIB.  The entire DO Team would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

You've done a fantastic job putting together your armor, and you should be proud of it!  :salute:  We would like to offer a few suggestions as to how you could do some additional fine-tuning to make this kit look a little more screen accurate.  Again, these are suggestions only, and are not required for higher-level approval. 

Starting at the top, we're looking closely at your helmet, beginning with the ears.  You totally nailed the angle of the right ear!  :duim:  You aligned the right side perfectly with the angle of the trap.  Great job!  The left ear has the correct angle, but it could stand to be moved back a little bit if you feel up to the challenge.  Your ear is still great, but we thought we would point this out to you in case you felt like trying for a little more screen accuracy.  Ears are always a challenge for most troopers (myself included)!  :) 

47967786168_c84635d6bf.jpg47967767962_27b7d35bc4.jpg

Screen reference:
R3uIWhB.jpg&key=8eda35ca7d4aeb0be78b0711ywGgtK7.jpg?1&key=af7d6abd98b8a9b6d0f51b

Moving down on the helmet, we noticed that your vocoder could benefit from some clean up around the edges to make those lines crisp like Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen after we paid the moisture farm a visit.  :duim:   A small brush with a little enamel thinner or a toothpick would make this vocoder most impressive.

47967786113_1e3be63c42.jpg

Screen reference:

KKZqeB8.jpg?2&key=38e25df309a40b8bc5b1cf9ZBQOLM.jpg?3&key=cf5e59677b6f2bd9c150b1

Now let's look at your ab buttons. Typically the paint on the ab buttons stays within the raised area of the button and does not extend beyond it.  This isn't anything that would prevent you from achieving Centurion, but if you'd prefer to get them looking a little bit more screen accurate, you may consider reducing them down just a tiny bit.  This can be done with either some enamel thinner and a small brush or with a toothpick (gently scraping the excess away).  Either way, it's a quick and easy fix to make your kit look a bit more ANH-y!  :) 

47967828116_d31a6f9206.jpg

Screen reference buttons:

5oBUtaH.jpg?2&key=a8838115126f450ef9576b

Did rebels blast a part of your ab return?  :Laser:  This is a highly visible area... while not required, you may consider filling in those extra holes at your ab return with a dab of ABS paste.    :D 

47980120792_fca4a7fe29_o.jpg47980118688_ba74c8ebee.jpg

We noticed that the snap on the upper right side of your ab seems to be placed a little too far inside the ab plate.  Typically the center of the snap hole should be 12mm in from the edge, and 12mm from the top.  While you don't need to switch this out for approval, we would like to mention it for improved accuracy should you decide to improve this area.

Screen reference:
male snap location.jpg

Measurement reference (disregard the "seam line"):
33060479300_0510cc0140_o.jpg&key=7e5aac9

While we're cleaning things up, you might want to give a quick buff of the e6000 off of that sniper plate.  :) 
47967786313_43967162f4.jpg

Further down, we noticed that your butt plate is hanging a bit too low back there.  It really should be tucked so the snaps don't show as much.  This is an easy fix by placing the tab part of the butt plate into boiling water for several seconds and adding more of a curve to it.  You can also improve this by shortening the strapping between your cod and butt plates as well.  

47967786213_507b45abb5_o.jpg

Screen references:
47972561413_21a616af29.jpg47972561358_01d47375e8.jpg47972561343_51a2d69d79.jpg47326547972_092630671c_o.jpg&key=5d3de39

While we're on the butt plate, we noticed that you've got screen-accurate screws on those brackets.  Nice touch!  You may want to consider countersinking these further into the returns so the tops sit flush with the plastic.  Depending on your armor, you may need to add an additional layer of ABS to the underside of the return to reinforce the holes. 

I've reinforced returns where brackets go on all of my kits, and it doesn't take much time at all to do.  Once this is done, you can gently open up the top layer of the holes so the screw heads sit flush on the plastic without worry that the returns will crack.  I used a step bit and opened up the holes by hand (not with a drill) because you really don't need to remove all that much to get the screws flush.  Another thing to consider is that when the screw heads are raised like this, they tend to lock on the screw heads above them (this happened to me when I was test-driving my first kit before approval).  

47967786338_4aa6b386e6.jpg

Screen reference:
gallery_12157_16_34895.jpg

Working further down, we have noticed that there is a bit of a gap at the bottoms of the backs of your thighs.  You may want to consider filling in the gaps with some scraps of ABS and/or ABS paste.
48021065293_224f6c6ffc_o.jpg

Screen reference:
VS5HRee.jpg?1&key=fd712b7e870f02695241e5

While we're looking at the backs of your legs, make sure that you get that left shin closed completely before trooping for the Empire.
48021179722_4d3ba178a9.jpg

Screen reference:
48021120533_df2c719a1e_n.jpg

And we've made it down to the bottom of the kit!  We noticed that your shins are riding kind of high and could stand to be seated further down on your boots, roughly where the green lines are.  This is a common occurrence for many troopers.  There are several methods that troopers use to keep those shins down.  The one I use is very simple (you can read about it in detail here), but it essentially involves making an elastic stirrup loop that has velcro sewn into a tabbed end.  You step into the loop before putting your boot on, and you keep the tabbed velcro piece pulled out of the front of the boot as you put the boot on.  A piece of industrial velcro is stuck inside the front of the shin.  When you put the shin on, you simply stick the velcro tab of the stirrup onto the velcro inside the shin.  And presto!  The shin stays snug on the boot and doesn't rotate!  It also has the ability to flex a bit as you move due to the elastic.  Others use different methods, so use the method that works best for you to keep those shins in line!

47967767747_17df17dcb2.jpg

Screen reference:
48021210542_16b43e8fb1.jpg

That´s it for EIB! Congratulations and welcome to the ranks, trooper!

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. Below you will find areas that will need to be addressed for a future successful Centurion Application.  

Please note that text descriptions in the CRL are only one part of the approval guideline. We consider both text and pictures (CRL and Reference) when reviewing the costume.

That said, let's get on with prepping you for Centurion, trooper! :smiley-sw013:

Shoulder bells-

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.
You did a great job lining up the tops of the shoulder bells to meet the shoulder straps!  However, we're still seeing a bit too much of a gap between your shoulder bells and your chest/back plates.  Typically, the curves of the shoulder bells follow the side curves of the chest plate in the front, and the side curves of the back plate in the back.   If your body type allows it, adjusting the strapping to bring the tops of the shoulder bells further in at the shoulder straps, doing some additional trimming of the tops of the shoulder bells, and/or removing all of the return at the bottom of the shoulder bells can help reduce the gaps.  (Note that the screen-used shoulder bells follow the curves of the chest and back plates and are not necessarily trimmed in a straight line.)

47967827886_a183268176.jpg47967786258_3768a37f8e.jpg

Screen reference:

JgUMOtF.jpg?1&key=1798f1ebd0b542c40f566bVpNUe41.jpg?1&key=fa0bdc2fff535798ddd5e8neXDMuF.jpg?1&key=8962ee6965884c9d95237f

Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

We have noticed that your back plate is overlapping your kidney, as shown by the blue arrows below.  It looks like you have room to move your entire back plate up.  This would effectively solve this overlap quite easily!  You may find that you will need to make trims at your shoulders (as shown where the red lines and arrows are) to make the back plate fit correctly in the shoulder area (where the back plate and chest plate meet).  This small adjustment will make a huge improvement on how your kit looks!

47967786443_a10247ae2b_n.jpg47967767842_cef03ceba7_n.jpg

Screen reference:

nGgf4iO.jpg&key=330f5bdc69a56838cd5a5533

Belt-
Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

I know when you've got your belt laying flat that your drop boxes line up nicely with the ammo belt.  Nice work on those!  However, in some of your photos, the boxes look like they shift around a lot.  This issue can easily be solved for Centurion by simply adding a few drops of e6000 to the white elastics in the back.  A little bit of glue will absolutely keep those drop boxes in line!

47967827961_b47b8798c8_n.jpg47967827991_e2e6196f7a.jpg

Screen reference:

qisXL53.jpg&key=f8397458de7d6f2385593fd1ArOKkSg.jpg?1&key=761cea4bf783141a32c6b5

The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

You're super close on this one!  Your belt could stand to be moved up just a bit to meet up with those lower ab buttons.  An easy way to move up the center of the belt (and keep it there!) is to stick on a small piece of industrial Velcro on the ab plate and belt in the middle to secure things in place.

47967828016_2518356b41.jpg

Screen reference:

ArOKkSg.jpg?1&key=761cea4bf783141a32c6b5saNNTgh.jpg?1&key=5249323a3c4d4c1c08e8a0zFlkRCY.jpg?1&key=6e4328ccfb9011fda335f7

Forearms-
No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

You did good work on the forearms, but it looks like there is still a bit more on the inside of the ends of your forearms that still need to be removed.  I've highlighted the areas that need to be removed in the image below.  A little bit of time with a Dremel will knock this out easily!

48020970133_b143dabacd_b.jpg

fxnMt0q.jpg?1&key=c672707e01497d1498abe5

Aaand that’s it!  Once again, we are proud to offer you a well-deserved congratulations on achieving your Expert Infantry award.  You can be certain that Lord Vader will be most pleased with your efforts.  Be proud of your achievement and we hope to see you soon at Centurion!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

• Cricket changed the title to TK 46165 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [920]