Wondering if this is a good buy or stay clear? Etsy

Nada

6 minutes ago, Nada said:

I'm not trying to rush just figuring out this little thing I've been talking with Matt about everything he seems like he's a good guy and helping me with certain things like helping me find the correct gloves and undersuit when asked causally when discussing the armor but after reading the forums about why he was kicked out due to flame wars and 2 counts of recasting? I think I'm not sure and not delivering to people. But his Etsy store reviews are good.

Yes he might have changed but a word of causion: a scammer is an individual that is very good at convincing people to send them money and etsy reviews are very easy to fake. 

We just want you to make an informed  decision:salute:

7 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Well ultimately it’s up to you, we just try and give you advise and if it were me I would much rather be sure I get a suit and take my chances with building it rather than gamble with not getting anything for a lot of money. If you get a kit I know we will be able to help you complete it. AP is not the only option when it comes to kits but they are as far as I know have a very competitive price when it comes to fully assambled. If you sign up to your local Garrison I’m sure they will also assist with hands on help. And if the helmet worries you, most sellers can provide the service of putting the helmet together but leave the rest of the armor in kit which would save you money. If you take it slow and read up on turtorials and watch videos on how to build I’m sure you’ll do fine:)

If I can get in contact and there is someone in my area that is open to helping me with a kit and is experienced I might even get an untrimmed kit and he can help me through it all but if I can't I don't trust my skills. I've got 2 weeks to think over before I'm buying so I'm doing all my research before everything I keep question Matt about his kits and everything and bring up the things that were stated on the 501st boards and see what happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Yes he might have changed but a word of causion: a scammer is an individual that is very good at convincing people to send them money and etsy reviews are very easy to fake. 

We just want you to make an informed  decision:salute:

Why I am asking a lot of questions don't want to be the person that is one-sided both to see both and go from there and I've dealt with my fair side of scammers if he does I'm gonna make him give back every single dollar why I'm paying with Paypal best way to make sure they do it because Paypal trust buyers more then sellers. 

• Like 1

Why I am asking a lot of questions don't want to be the person that is one-sided both to see both and go from there and I've dealt with my fair side of scammers if he does I'm gonna make him give back every single dollar why I'm paying with Paypal best way to make sure they do it because Paypal trust buyers more then sellers. 

PayPal isn’t as great as you think it is. Don’t rely on “Being on PayPal” as a “he must be good”. Again he may be just fine, I’ve got no experience with him, it’s your call on what to do. No matter what you buy, you’ll need some help either building or re-strapping to get a better fit. Nobody here is around to tell you that you did anything wrong we will all be willing to give advice to help you get to any level of TK you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to rush just figuring out this little thing I've been talking with Matt about everything he seems like he's a good guy and helping me with certain things like helping me find the correct gloves and undersuit when asked causally when discussing the armor but after reading the forums about why he was kicked out due to flame wars and 2 counts of recasting? I think I'm not sure and not delivering to people. But his Etsy store reviews are good.

Just the thing is I'm a university student so by the end of the day I can't go over my budget or I face not having good food for a week to a month (live on campus).

Don't get me wrong PA armor kits look amazing but it might just be out of my price range atm I might wait and see but I want to start getting my stuff together on this so I can actually get it done instead of putting it off and wasting the money.

But thank you for all the help in me deciding and talking I have brought up to him about knowing the 501st forums business and seeing if he has changed and maybe giving him a chance if I can get in contact with my local garrison which is Southern Cross NOT Knightfall I got the 2 mixed up accidentally, my views might change if I can get a member to show me how to put it together and help. Hopefully this year I will finally join and do something I've wanted to do for ages. 

As others have said, it’s totally up to you if you want to gamble or not - we can only point you to information provided by the FISD community.

Regarding budget, I’ve always said to people, if the budget is a concern, just save a little longer to get something that you’ll be happy with for years to come. If it takes an extra month or two to get an awesome kit, personally, I’d say that’s well worth the wait. :-)

2 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

As others have said, it’s totally up to you if you want to gamble or not - we can only point you to information provided by the FISD community.

Regarding budget, I’ve always said to people, if the budget is a concern, just save a little longer to get something that you’ll be happy with for years to come. If it takes an extra month or two to get an awesome kit, personally, I’d say that’s well worth the wait. :-)

Had a good chat with him didn’t want to hide his past and has been honest and helped me in some points to. I’m gonna take the risk, also says it’s his last year doing it. But I have decided I’m going to get my boots and neck seal from Imperial Boots 

Had a good chat with him didn’t want to hide his past and has been honest and helped me in some points to. I’m gonna take the risk, also says it’s his last year doing it. But I have decided I’m going to get my boots and neck seal from Imperial Boots 

Fair enough. I wish you luck with your purchase. :-)

Just now, CableGuy said:

Fair enough. I wish you luck with your purchase. :-)

Still looking around been talking with AP as well so I might switch side but budget is a main thing for me being a university student is if I don’t spend it it’s most likely going to be waisted on fast food in stead of noodles hahaha

Still looking around been talking with AP as well so I might switch side but budget is a main thing for me being a university student is if I don’t spend it it’s most likely going to be waisted on fast food in stead of noodles hahaha

Dude, if you’re on the fence, just save a little longer and avoid the risk. If the reports that he ripped off 501st members is true, it’s more of a moral reason not to purchase from here. Perhaps explaining why he’s quitting.

15 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Dude, if you’re on the fence, just save a little longer and avoid the risk. If the reports that he ripped off 501st members is true, it’s more of a moral reason not to purchase from here. Perhaps explaining why he’s quitting.

I know but I'm in college at university and already have a tight budget all money I'm not putting towards the armor has to go there so I have food and that. I can't work due to full-time study and no car so it's hard to get money. This is the best I can do atm without going over budget and hurting me in the long run why I had to make a budget. I'm in a hard situation for me. That's why if I got a 501st member in Armidale NSW to help I would get a kit from AP but atm I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone in the forums or on Facebook. So it keeps looking like my best option in my opinion. 

Honestly I’d say hold off on anything. I enjoy doing this but I did it when I had the money to do it. Your still looking at other things you’ll want/need. This is fun and cool but not worth eating noodles instead of something good.

2 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Honestly I’d say hold off on anything. I enjoy doing this but I did it when I had the money to do it. Your still looking at other things you’ll want/need. This is fun and cool but not worth eating noodles instead of something good.

That's what I mean if I go over budget atm I have got everything down to 1500-700 for the full suit with everything I need boots, neckseal, undersuit, gloves and leather holster and to refit the armor and my scholarship is 2250 so I would have nearly 500-700 but if I got for an AP I won't have any of that. it's a hard choice. Like ive said before if I wait I'll spend it on food more then save and loss the oportuinty to get everything so I've got to take the jump in my eyes 

I’m just going to offer a couple of thoughts

Can you afford to lose 1600AUD? Can you save up another 200 or so? 

Will this project cause you financial hardship in the near few years if you follow through? If so maybe complete your education first. We’ll be here when you’re done.  Many of us have done exactly this, waited and come back later.  This isn’t a cheap project and I suspect most of us spent more than was both budgeted and expected. 

Finally consider this: I can be really nice to you too if you’re about to give me a sack full of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I’m just going to offer a couple of thoughts

Can you afford to lose 1600AUD? Can you save up another 200 or so? 

Will this project cause you financial hardship in the near few years if you follow through? If so maybe complete your education first. We’ll be here when you’re done.  Many of us have done exactly this, waited and come back later.  This isn’t a cheap project and I suspect most of us spent more than was both budgeted and expected. 

Finally consider this: I can be really nice to you too if you’re about to give me a sack full of money.

I understand where you are coming from but I have been doing my research as I've said it I have been talking to AP and Mark but atm I recently learned from my local garrison there are no troopers in my area and with my lack of skill and not comfortable with handling it. It's made this decision harder and saving more money is hard due to it will be coming out of my food money which is $80 a week.

I want to find another way but the risk is something we all have to take at some point and I feel like this is one I feel like I might break the kit if I get it I really don't feel comfortable doing it by myself.

Thank you for replying and making me see more of both sides of this decision. 

I understand where you are coming from but I have been doing my research as I've said it I have been talking to AP and Mark but atm I recently learned from my local garrison there are no troopers in my area and with my lack of skill and not comfortable with handling it. It's made this decision harder and saving more money is hard due to it will be coming out of my food money which is $80 a week.
I want to find another way but the risk is something we all have to take at some point and I feel like this is one I feel like I might break the kit if I get it I really don't feel comfortable doing it by myself.

Thank you for replying and making me see more of both sides of this decision. 

You only get $80 a week to eat and you want to buy armor? I’d wait it out. Get connected with the garrison, help with some events to make sure it’s what you want to do and watch the sale ads here. You can get some good deals on used armor people either don’t wear anymore or never finished. And on top of that someone might be doing a May 4th sale, anything is possible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

You only get $80 a week to eat and you want to buy armor? I’d wait it out. Get connected with the garrison, help with some events to make sure it’s what you want to do and watch the sale ads here. You can get some good deals on used armor people either don’t wear anymore or never finished. And on top of that someone might be doing a May 4th sale, anything is possible.

I've been living off it for about 3 monhs now its good I get enough food should of said I do get dinner made for me at my college (It's included in my rent) So I'm not dying I just can't spend money on fast food (which is good) but this scholarship money I'm saying is that much I'm making sure I have at least $500 back up for rent and phone bills. I've been doing this balance and know how to do it well. Thank you for your concern but many of my peers are in the same situation but buy a ton of alcohol with their money don't want to do the same that's why I've been planning with this to do it with may the 4th sales for the best prices that's why I've been looking around because I know that Matt is doing one which might save me more money. 

Also with that, I am already fully kitted out with stuff I need for my college and my degree with computer science I have a good laptop a beast of a custom built pc I made. So the money I get now is either going to a back up which $500 is going to and that I already have around 4-5 thousand saved for a car. So this money is kinda something I get and can spend on my dream of becoming a 501st member.

TLDR: I'm currently in a good financial situation balancing the food, rent, and expenses. $500 of the scholarship (2250) will be going to a back up account if I do lose balance one week. Other money is going to be put forth to join the 501st. 

Edited by Nada

Hey Nadas,

May 4th is just around the corner, why don't you hold on for a few more days and see if any of our listed maker will be doing flash promotion on the day.

• Like 1

Hey Nadas,

May 4th is just around the corner, why don't you hold on for a few more days and see if any of our listed maker will be doing flash promotion on the day.

I have decided to wait and won’t be going to fast into I’m currently looked about after the hype and found out I get either a trimmed kit of AP with a finished helmet with boots and neck seal from Imperial Boots in around 6 months if I save everything I have till then I will be able to get everything and finish it and slim down for it!

Way better plan then I had before tbh

• Like 3