Detachment Naming Contest

Daetrin

For starters, I think it's self-evident that discrimination of any kind on these boards - like other 501st boards - falls into the area of zero tolerance, e.g. posts will be removed, people will eventually be banned if need be. There should be no question about this.

I think someone's going to have make some sort of executive decision. We can go back and forth forever with possible names.

My executive decision is to leave the name as "Stormtrooper Detachment". If the next detachment command staff wants to hold a vote for a change so be it, but for now this is what it is.

I think being a stormtrooper is a distinction in itself. I love clones and a good Vader as much as the next guy, but for me the single best costume in the 501st is a well done TK, with all the little screen accurate details like the ones you see cropping up under the (proposed) deployment standards.

Regardless of the underlying reasons, TK's have been put down a lot lately and relegated to secondary status. Well, no more. This detachment is for celebrating the stormtrooper and ensuring it's place as a first class member of the Legion.

We don't need no stinkin' moniker! Our heritage through our clone forefathers is Mandolorian, and our armor speaks for itself.

Here here! I agree totally about TKs being seen as second class or, as one Boba stated in the main forums, "generic costumes." As I understand it, the Legion was BUILT on Stormtroopers! I'm totally in favor of this detachment to get the recognition we deserve!

What's more impressive: seeing 10 Bobas, 10 Jangos, 20 Vaders, and some TIE Pilots in one place, or one Vader and a whole squad of TKs?

TKs are the empire's backbone (eyes are something else) but Stormtrooper Detachment is fine. Imagine the terror any reb or associated scum would feel when its announced a stormtrooper detachment has boarded their ship, and its not to hand out candy either.

Its been said before but on a practical note, it all about 'brand recognition': short and simple wins out in the end. B)

Yeah, considering we didn't do anything specific at Clonetroopers.net and look how that place is, it's booming.

The Clone Trooper Detachment is the Grand Army of the Republic (not to be confused with the "other" GAR). If this isn't the proper name, someone needs to tell me since that's what's listed on 501st.com.