Detachment Naming Contest

Daetrin

I got a lot of pushback that the tentative name I picked for this detachment leaves a lot to be desired. So I'm throwing the guantlet down :D

Now's the perfect time to make a suggestion: top choices will be put to a vote. Who knows? Perhaps you will win bragging rights laying claim to naming the fiercest fighters in the galaxy. :D

the Imperial white knights

I'd really recommend avoiding anything with "White Knights" in it. After living this long in the south, you pick up on things you'd like to pretend that don't exist. The "White Knights" thing has a KKK implication to it that could be seen badly. Just a heads up.

Quoting TK-1927

Clean, Mean and ....

...Ready.

...Blaster Accurate.

...Ewok Friendly.

Vader's troopers, Mean and Clean. (VTMC)

Vader's Finest, Clean and Mean. (VFCM)

Tantive IV Assault Detachment (TFAD) - Given it up to the first appearence.

Cell Block 1138 Detachment

White Armor .Net flows nicely. It has nothing to do with race. If stormtroopers were blue then it would be blue armor .net or green armor .net and so on. I think some people offend too easy, or could it be, just have a big race chip on their shoulder. One of the things I like about the board is that things like bias, racism, and biggotry are hard to practice. You can become good friends with someone and not even know what they look like. But I do know what TK troopers look like; White. shiny white and sparkling clean. I say white armor .net stays like it is. And if you want to talk about race, how about those Jawas. Disgusting creatures. I can't abide those Jawas. I'd just as soon kiss a wookie.

How about we keep it simple. Part of our problem is that the man himself made the Nazi references in order to make the Empire instantly seem very evil and all the racist idiots jumped on the Nazi/KKK bandwagon for there names. A lot of good names that someone else ruined. :angry:

Maybe:

TK Kantina

TK Empire

Gosh, who ever would have thought it would be this damn bloody hard to name a detachment.

How about....

DHS - Deathstar Hallway Squad

TK-1138 (Static): "Hey you! do you have a hallway pass?"

Lowly Officer: "Ummmm no?"

TK-1138 (Static): "Blast em!"

Or we can just leave it "Stormtrooper Detachment". Stormtrooper is pretty darn cool as it is IMHO.

Sometimes less is more :)

Yeah, considering we didn't do anything specific at Clonetroopers.net and look how that place is, it's booming.

Sometimes name isnt everything.

Also.............considering the domain is "White Armor"(.net) that in itself is already a catchy name.

I think some people offend too easy, or could it be, just have a big race chip on their shoulder.

Generally, I find that it's easy to say if one hasn't been on the receiving end of it.

As far as this group internally is concerned, yes, we know that whatever name is ultimately chosen, it means one thing: Star Wars Stormtroopers.

But if there is a Web site called, for example, "Stormfront.info: The Official Stormtroopers Detachment" I will guarantee more than a passing interest from folks wanting to flash a quick sieg heil to a group "obviously" dedicated to Heinrich Himmler's vision.

One of the things I like about the board is that things like bias, racism, and biggotry are hard to practice. You can become good friends with someone and not even know what they look like.

On this board and other 501st-affiliated boards, that's true -- we're a pretty open and welcoming group for the most part. But if in regard to Internet forums in general, you'll need to visit some white power/white supremacist sites to see that racisim, bigotry, and outright hatred are all alive and well.

So the Fightin' Whities is out of the question?

Seriously though, simplier is better. Since part of the reason for this detachment is meant for education and information, why not something along the lines of the Imperial Academy of Stormtroopers or something to that effect.

Or we can just leave it "Stormtrooper Detachment". Stormtrooper is pretty darn cool as it is IMHO.

Sometimes less is more :)

I definitely agree. It would be much more useful to prospective members and people looking for the right information (about Star Wars stormtrooper armor costumes) to have an easy-to-remember and NON-confusing name to get them here.

Confusing = think about the Legion's TIE pilots detachment. shrug.gif

I know Jerome knows this one, because I bring it up every once-in-a-while on the Legion Council. For the longest time I thought that Omega Wing was the Tie pilots detachment, but it is not. Jolly Roger Squadron is. I had no idea what Jolly Roger squadron was. I thought it was something like the Phantom Squadron. It is too confusing.

"whitearmor.net" says what it is without supremacist overtones.

(why don't the BB codes and automatic smilies work for me?)

bigroll.gif

"Tighty-whities" is pretty funny though ;) but I don't think that it 'says' what this detatchment would be about.

Something to think about:

Picture yourself in your stormtrooper armor at an event where people come up to you and ask the questions they always do. Every once in a while you get some one who is seriously interested in finding out more about the costumes. Wouldn't it be much easier and much more effective to be able to say "go to whitearmor.net" than "go to (insert-the-name-here-if-you-can-remember-it) dot com" & then hope the curious person will remember it by the time they get home and have access to their computer?

I see no reason why 'whitearmor.net' can't be the URL, but the group's nickname something else (as in bikerscout.net and 501st Pathfinders).

Someone earlier in the thread had proposed Rapid Assault Infantry Division or something similar ... so how about Vader's Raiders?