NZ ESB Build RS Props

TK3373

Hi Guys,

Before Christmas I purchased a used set of RS Props PVC ANH armour from a member of my garrison with the intention of turning it into ESB TK.  I have long been a fan of ESB TK's and used to have a Snowy. My first approved costume was a TK ten years ago, so have come full circle.

I have finished this build and am going to trial it at an event tomorrow and get some approval photos taken as well.

Here's a photo of the helmet completed once I removed the ANH paint job and added the ESB decals and black frown.

cAQRCa8.jpg

I am really loving this kit. I love how the helmet has the old bumps and imperfections from the originals. Also being PVC the armor is so light and durable.

I will post some photos of the full armour when I have them.

Cheers

• Like 1

Here's a few photos from my debut troop in the armour.

gqOf60V.jpg

tFkkIhb.jpg

8VjetXB.jpg

BlHceQO.jpg

Overall no major issues. The kit is super light to wear and not at all uncomfortable. I noticed however that looking the the photos my harness belt wasnt on correctly which is why my thighs arent sitting correctly. :)

I am planning on getting more accurate gloves either rubber or silk ones.

Happy to receive any feedback.

Cheers

Scott

Edited by TK3373

Looking great, Scott. How did you first troop go? Enjoy it?? :-)

Just as you mentioned feedback, aside from the thighs that you mentioned, you could consider shorting the TD clips - at the moment, they protrude some what below your canvas belt;

84d790d5f955a837a03ead6defb37858.jpg

This is an ANH reference but you get the gist. :-)
d06b13408729ea1df086f28e4dbff5ec.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I will shorten the clips. I hadnt thought of it but as its on my back I wouldnt seen it. It wasnt my first troop as such as I have been trooping for 10 years but it was he first in this armour.

The event was a visit to Ronald McDonald House as its Easter where we gave away chocolate eggs, did colouring in with the children and handed out prizes.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

After some new photos, got the thumbs up from my GML. APPROVED!

1993285160_60049976_790193851375012_2356201900191252480_n(1).thumb.jpg.e54865dfccf35f8746390d9dd56d443d.jpg

Super excited to be a part of this detachment again. Now can look at going a higher level.

:)

Edited by TK3373

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks, looking forward to seeing you at EIB