My FX-build[*FX]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s that the edge turns inward towards the body in stead of just just being straight. It simulates thickness of the armor, if you will.

And thanks! I´ll be finished next week:)

It´s that the edge turns inward towards the body in stead of just just being straight. It simulates thickness of the armor, if you will.

And thanks! I´ll be finished next week:)

Looking good it's always good to see how others solve problems when they arise. Looking forward to the finished product.

Is the third ABS Strip what you used from the FX kit to make the little snap holder?

I used all four belt strips to make snap holders and shims :)

Here´s a picupdate!!

I guess the only thing I´m missing now is the right gloves, so I cab attach the hand plates, sewing and riveting the holster (doing later today) and adding the moneyclips on the way from Tandy to the TD. Oh, and I guess I´m changing the white elastic for black between the chest and back.

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

Oh, and I think I´m only missing the D-ring on the blaster for "Elite". If you see anything else than the aforementioned things, let me know please.

Thanks for looking!

WOW! That return edge on all the parts makes FX look soooo much better, very nice job! I'll have to get a Hobbie Iron for mine soon.

im just getting a FX rom Wade and never done a trooper before, right now im only a vader SL6208. so whats meant by return edge? is that just taking the edge you cut and reshapin it to curve over a lil bit?

sorry for being a noob on this, but i want all info i can so when my kit arrives i will have some kinda idea what the heck im doing here.

oh and BTW,,i am in Claremore Oklahoma. i know, why join here, well so far this has been the best informative site an also where i found my contact, Wade for FX armor.

Return edge is specific shape of edges of armor to give them some thickness. Because armor is made from 1,5-3 mm thick plastic and it should like that has something about 6-8 mm.

There are two ways, how to achieve it ..

1/ buy armor with these return edges and hope it will match you without trimming

2/ use any armor and make them via small iron.

Here is link with some description.

http://www.clone-empire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=155

im just getting a FX rom Wade and never done a trooper before, right now im only a vader SL6208. so whats meant by return edge? is that just taking the edge you cut and reshapin it to curve over a lil bit?

sorry for being a noob on this, but i want all info i can so when my kit arrives i will have some kinda idea what the heck im doing here.

oh and BTW,,i am in Claremore Oklahoma. i know, why join here, well so far this has been the best informative site an also where i found my contact, Wade for FX armor.

Like Tom said...

A standard hobbyiron (used on modelplanes usually) with a sock will do the job. It's as you say, you give a cut edge a little curve inwards.