Some of our own in the new Mandalorian TV show??!!!

Ericnathan811

14 minutes ago, StarTrooper said:

Definitely. Speaking of CRL’s do you think we will get a CRL for you guys who were in the episode? Like a Mandalorian ANH armor CRL so to speak?

The vibe I have been getting is a solid no. The 501st troopers on set and their personal armor will likely be counted as unique, a la "Mr. NoStripes" and will not change the current ANH-S CRL in any way. But undoubtedly the "Rogue One" Stormtrooper CRL will need to be updated with new information learned from the show. I personally think it should become one catchall "Anthology Stormtrooper" CRL that includes Rogue One, Solo, and The Mandalorian suits and their options. We'll see what the DO's have to say once they see it after March.

14 minutes ago, StarTrooper said:

Also, is it pretty cool to now own a screen used set of armor?

Eh, is what it is. I know some of the guys put their armor away with little plaques on em and aren't wearing them again. I personally don't care - I built the suit to troop in and bring joy to people, and I can't quite afford to build another one at the moment while I'm undergoing cancer treatment, so I'll just keep trooping in mine. For me, this is the way.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 5

Agreed, it is cool to have screen used armor but I am still trooping in mine. At some point it will go in a bin with all my documentation for my son to do whatever he wants with it but I’ll never part with it.

All the studio supplied armor was from Rogue One/Solo that they had on loan from LFL.

The 501st armor was all our personal suits so they were all previously approved under the existing CRL so there will not be any reason to update the CRL or create a new one. The only thing we did was remove our holsters.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Agreed, it is cool to have screen used armor but I am still trooping in mine. At some point it will go in a bin with all my documentation for my son to do whatever he wants with it but I’ll never part with it.

All the studio supplied armor was from Rogue One/Solo that they had on loan from LFL.

The 501st armor was all our personal suits so they were all previously approved under the existing CRL so there will not be any reason to update the CRL or create a new one. The only thing we did was remove our holsters.

Nice. But which were you guys in the episode, and who were stunt people in LFL armor?

1 hour ago, Quakecry said:

Nice. But which were you guys in the episode, and who were stunt people in LFL armor?

stunt men were in the RO TK’s & Death Troopers. 

we were all the rest (not dead on the floor :p )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quakecry said:

If they got shot or went down, it wasn't us.

Easiest way to tell are that the studio Anthology suits had detached, flexible cod pieces, so they can be spotted pretty easy between that and the other R1 details.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

No..I still troop in my armor despite offers from some out there to buy it for incredibly inflated offers...

My suit is nearly 8 years old and is getting close to being retired...but not just yet..it's staying with me..

I joined the 501st to give back to the Community...the drive to do this came from losing my Mum to liver cancer at 62...none of us knew what this last minute gig was about until we showed up and started signing paperwork..

All the stunts in the show were NOT  performed by 501st...that was all LFL...we were hired as background and to make up the numbers that the LFL R1 and Solo suits were missing..  We did run around, but were never in harms way..

I can discuss how we participated, but am holding off on specifics until others on these forums have seen the show...I am a native Australian (dual US and Aussie citizen) and I know over there, and in some other parts of the world...they are still rolling out...

Edited by Oztrooper
  • Like 2

The title currently being used to describe the Stormtroopers in this show are: Remnants. 

I personally like this title...it sums up everything Stormtrooper at this point in the Star Wars Story.

Edited by Oztrooper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oztrooper said:

No..I still troop in my armor despite offers from some out there to buy it for incredibly inflated offers...

My suit is nearly 8 years old and is getting close to being retired...but not just yet..it's staying with me..

I joined the 501st to give back to the Community...the drive to do this came from losing my Mum to liver cancer at 62...none of us knew what this last minute gig was about until we showed up and started signing paperwork..

All the stunts in the show were NOT  performed by 501st...that was all LFL...we were hired as background and to make up the numbers that the LFL R1 and Solo suits were missing..  We did run around, but were never in harms way..

I can discuss how we participated, but am holding off on specifics until others on these forums have seen the show...I am a native Australian (dual US and Aussie citizen) and I know over there, and in some other parts of the world...they are still rolling out...

We have to wait forever though if we have to wait til everyone have seen it. A lot of people have, if there are people who haven't seen it yet despite the methods available its their fault. And if they don't want "spoilers" they shouldn't browse a thread like this after it has aired. 

If you want to discuss the series then start a thread here and lable it appropriately. And for browsing this thread, there is no indication that content of the series are beeing discussed here such as a "spoilers ahead" in the title, only a mention of "some of our own". Lastly, please mind the tone as no one should be at fault for staying on the legal side - thank you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quakecry said:

A lot of people have, if there are people who haven't seen it yet despite the methods available its their fault. 

Actually it's not their fault when in many areas they don't have access as it's not aired until March, you can take that one up with Disney ;) 

maybe somwone could start a followup-thread which is labeled as spoiler-minefield in the title so readers know that thwy should stay out if they don't want spoilers. Also: too bad we got no spoiler tag feature which allows to "hide" parts of the post.

1 hour ago, masterx244 said:

maybe somwone could start a followup-thread which is labeled as spoiler-minefield in the title so readers know that thwy should stay out if they don't want spoilers

If you want such a thread feel free to start it yourself.

8 minutes ago, StevenBills said:

Hmm... It says I don't have permission to see it...?

You need to be a 501st member, if you have an approved costume you can request access here:salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/186-501st-and-detachment-access-requests/

• Like 1

Someone moved the topic from there. Getting a no permissions error, too

14 hours ago, TheSwede said:

You need to be a 501st member, if you have an approved costume you can request access here:salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/186-501st-and-detachment-access-requests/

Apologies - I did have the thread taken down, though I welcome someone to start another *SPOILER* flagged thread over in the 501st Only Discussion section - out of respect for our international brethren, but also so we can still have some lively conversation. Just decided to not have it be me ;)

• Like 1