Some of our own in the new Mandalorian TV show??!!!

Ericnathan811

I saw this video online and at about 5:36 there's a mention about some of the 501st legion being in the film! Lucky you :duim:

Honestly you guys should get props for not spoiling anything, since I didn't see anything on here about any of the 501st being in it. That must've been so awesome for the troopers involved! Great work!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I was told there is some info in the FISD FB group about who some of the members where.

501st.png

• Like 3

Yes, we were asked not to tell anything and it has been so hard to keep quiet but so rewarding.

As more is released we will be able to share everything with our brothers and sisters but until then we have to respect what LFL and Disney asked of us.

This picture is official now so I can at least say..... notice there aren't any holsters?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

Yes, we were asked not to tell anything and it has been so hard to keep quiet but so rewarding.

As more is released we will be able to share everything with our brothers and sisters but until then we have to respect what LFL and Disney asked of us.

This picture is official now so I can at least say..... notice there aren't any holsters?

The real question if you're allowed to talk about it...

Did they make you hold your blasters left handed? ;)

1 hour ago, Alay said:

The real question if you're allowed to talk about it...

Did they make you hold your blasters left handed? ;)

I think it is best to play it safe at this point since they have been so great.

We probably shouldn't say anything more than what is seen in this picture at this point.

So OT TK obviously, E-11 blasters and no holsters.

The guys in the background were the actual paid extras that had been filming before and after the 501st was invited.

Basically the only reason there were no holsters was because at the last minute they saw we all had holsters but the actual actors you see in the background that were supplied by the prop department didn't have enough for all of them so we all had to remove them. It was a mad dash to get all the holsters removed and not delay filming. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Basically the only reason there were no holsters was because at the last minute they saw we all had holsters but the actual actors you see in the background that were supplied by the prop department didn't have enough for all of them so we all had to remove them. It was a mad dash to get all the holsters removed and not delay filming

That’s pretty funny lol

My only question is, was there ever a stormtrooper feud between the 501st Stormies and the paid extras? :angry2:

Like them being, "Who are these newcomers, dressing up as stormtroopers for fun?"

And the 501st is like, "Yeah well, your ab buttons are painted slightly too large. HA!" :lol:

Just kidding, but I imagine that it was an amazing experience and that only a few stormtroopers were put in the trash compactor. :laugh1:

Edited by PhilBobTheFish

2 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Yes, who would have thought being too accurate would have been a problem.

Should have mentioned on the side they could have saved money by using 501st for Stormtroopers. That and at least they would be accurate LMAO

The union workers were really cool. It turns out that the group that were troopers were military vets. They were pretty surprised how lite our armor was, we had fans in our buckets and couldn’t sit down.

• Like 1

Should have mentioned on the side they could have saved money by using 501st for Stormtroopers. That and at least they would be accurate LMAO

True but I’m sure the actors and extras unions wouldn’t go for that.

6 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

The union workers were really cool. It turns out that the group that were troopers were military vets. They were pretty surprised how light our armor was and we had fans in our buckets and couldn’t sit down.

Were they using recreated Armor or one of our type (AP, ANOVOS, WTF, etc.)

I’m not 100% sure but I think it was mentioned it might have been borrowed from Rogue One. It was thick and heavy and made of polyurethane. The buckets were heavy and the back strip and detonator was one piece like the FOTK. And lots of white tape.

2 hours ago, James Whitley said:

Were they using recreated Armor or one of our type (AP, ANOVOS, WTF, etc.)

I got to speak with the Prop Masters while having issues trying to remove my holster from my belt since it was riveted on. According to him, the suits (TK's) & their weapons were all on Loan from LFL & had all been used in the production & filming of Rogue One.

Edited by Defiance7x13
  • Like 1

The best thing from this is how nice everyone was from the bottom to the top. Jon Favreau hit the nail on the head at the Mandalorian panel when he said he didn't know we knew nothing about why we were there and that we worked so hard. The first morning they jumped immediately into filming and most of us had no clue what to do and the crew seemed a little surprised. I think that it was Dave Filoni that told everyone we were 501st not extras then the crew realized we needed a little more direction than normal. From that point on I think our group nailed it and that we knew how to hold a blaster and move like a stormtrooper should as Jon said. The union extras kept having to be told by the crew to hold their blasters like the 501st.

Towards the end of the first day we were doing some pretty involved work and one of the production assistants started to get a little frustrated with us since we were not catching her cues. Myself and a few other 501st said, "we have fans running and we can't hear you". She was surprised and asked, "what fans?", so we explained we had bucket fans so we can see. So from there she used hand signals for us and away we went.

In the end I think we were in armor for well over 12 hours at a time, to the union extras it was just another paying job and no big deal to us it was a once in a lifetime experience.

And yes, some of us now know how to use the restroom in full armor without making a mess.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, mikidymac said:

And yes, some of us now know how to use the restroom in full armor without making a mess.

And this is why I have a detachable Cod piece. :smiley-sw013: