ANH AM TK Build

Armoredfist5

I think we all stressed a little on our first armour build, but you are doing well so press on with confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Armoredfist5 said:

How much of this can I cut off?

Looking closely one can see the mold lines (indicted by blue lines) so just follow that and snip accordingly, cod looks good but test fit after (before setting a rivet) if more material needs to be removed:salute:

wHdAiqu.png

Looking closely one can see the mold lines (indicted by blue lines) so just follow that and snip accordingly, cod looks good but test fit after (before setting a rivet) if more material needs to be removed:salute:
wHdAiqu.png&key=52f3ccc746835d4a1e9409e332382f56bd05aaa0cc405e0c01412e677e3dbcf1

Ok, wasn’t sure how much of that return edge I needed to keep for accuracy

• Like 1

From the picture of the kidneys flip it around and it should be right. the smaller curve to the bottom. The side button look fine also, 10mm from the edge 20 from the top and equidistant for the rest.

• Like 1

From the picture of the kidneys flip it around and it should be right. the smaller curve to the bottom. The side button look fine also, 10mm from the edge 20 from the top and equidistant for the rest.

This is a pic of the abdomen. Not sure what you mean by flipping it around?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, Armoredfist5 said:

Want to double check before I drill baby drill. Do these marks look correct? 10mm from edge, 20mm from top, 10mm from bottom 

That's about right

gallery_12157_16_598_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Armoredfist5 said:

So do I need to cut that notch in the kidney and cut down the an impolite person to match?

No, it's not a requirement unless the armor came with it and yours doesn't :duim:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Armoredfist5 said:

Is there a specific measurement for the cod split rivet and the posterior male snaps from the edge of their respective edges?

Nope, but there several build threads that illustrate the approximate locations.

I did the notch on my AM. While it is stressful making all the cuts, one thing to keep in mind is you will be adjusting your armor as you learn to troop in it. For me I cut the notch and posterior to match, and removed most of the return on it as well. Makes walking so much easier, when trooping I always seem to be in motion for pictures or high-fives. Doing a couple of long parades also showed the need for comfort.

Check out Seans and AJ's builds, most of your questions have already been answered in there. Both were also good on followup details on changes after basic approval.

21 minutes ago, LTM said:

I did the notch on my AM. While it is stressful making all the cuts, one thing to keep in mind is you will be adjusting your armor as you learn to troop in it. For me I cut the notch and posterior to match, and removed most of the return on it as well. Makes walking so much easier, when trooping I always seem to be in motion for pictures or high-fives. Doing a couple of long parades also showed the need for comfort.

Check out Seans and AJ's builds, most of your questions have already been answered in there. Both were also good on followup details on changes after basic approval.

Thanks for the direction . I’ve been searching the forum for a couple hours not finding the info I’m searching for and about to say F it and put them where I want. Finding WAY too much outdated info on posts that as a new trooper trying for Centurion, I just can’t trust. Some are still correct but in some cases the CRL’s have changed multiple times. For the experts here, the correct information is obvious. Sorry, just feeling very frustrated right now.