ANH AM TK Build

Armoredfist5

Is there a (specific to Centurion level) link that I am missing that shows all required measurements? For example, exact placement of side rivets, distance between butt snaps, exact placement of all strapping? I have found some on others builds but can’t seem to find one place that has all that information that has been officially verified as correct.

1 hour ago, Armoredfist5 said:

Is there a (specific to Centurion level) link that I am missing that shows all required measurements? For example, exact placement of side rivets, distance between butt snaps, exact placement of all strapping? I have found some on others builds but can’t seem to find one place that has all that information that has been officially verified as correct.

There isn't an all in exact spacing thread to go to, I found this page useful 

23 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

There isn't an all in exact spacing thread to go to, I found this page useful 

Thank you SOOO much. That’s exactly what I needed. It would be great to have this type of information attached to each CRL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Armoredfist5 said:

To answer your question directly, the left side Ab/Kidney rivets are the only components listed in the CRL that have a very specific area location measurement. All other component locations are a rough estimate.  We encourage new builders to refer to Centurion level build threads for accurate information because most if not all have been scrutinized and would be found to be more accurate than most illustrations. 

Ok, back to searching and searching. Gotta say it really would be fantastic to have a set (approved at the highest level) list of instructions and measurements within the CRL. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the help from everyone here. I don’t know what I’d do without you all but given all the experience here, I am just surprised there isn’t a firm and extensive guideline...yet. 

I agree they should be ok for basic approval but it’s always a good idea to check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) just to make sure. No go for higher levels.

• Like 1

The CRL says nothing about the seam for basic so in my opinion they are good for basic, but for the higher levels it specifically says no seam. I’d ask your GML to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imperial Boots it is. The boots in the pics were never that comfortable anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever used upholstery leather for the back of the TD clips? I have some small scraps from Tandy leather that are light grey (almost white) that I was thinking of gluing onto the back of the clips to prevent scratching but also to offer a little resistance so it’s a little harder to come off. Also, would this be an issue at the Centurion level? 

2 hours ago, Armoredfist5 said:

Has anyone ever used upholstery leather for the back of the TD clips? I have some small scraps from Tandy leather that are light grey (almost white) that I was thinking of gluing onto the back of the clips to prevent scratching but also to offer a little resistance so it’s a little harder to come off. Also, would this be an issue at the Centurion level? 

Nope that's a new one and no it shouldn't effect any level of approval, A good majority of people use the soft side of velcro in white. It basically works the same plus it blends in with the armor color but hey, if you come up with a better idea maybe others will follow that.  

• Like 1

Nope that's a new one and no it shouldn't effect any level of approval, A good majority of people use the soft side of velcro in white. It basically works the same plus it blends in with the armor color but hey, if you come up with a better idea maybe others will follow that.  

Fantastic. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
The buttons look great, the return edge (flat section) should not extend out farther the raised Ab section. Should look more like this

gallery_12157_16_7278-crop6.jpg&key=e92b53a61d95e54013f5c5a66908d64adf518b74ef377de0e848bd78ebd50da8

Is it ok to have the button panels smaller than the measurements I listed? That’s what I was told they needed to be. The raised ab section for the large plate is almost the same length as the detailed portion of the button plate. Basically, it would leave no flat part of the large button plate if I cut to fit the raised ab. Would that still be ok? If so, should I also cut top and bottom of the button plate to match the sides?

The measurements are not a requirement and so will not effect any level of approval if not followed. This does not to discredit wherever they were acquired from. The point is armors will differ slightly between suppliers so naturally what may work with some armor may not work with others. The key here is that the plates do not extended further than the Ab mounting surfaces as seen in the reference photo. 

The measurements are not a requirement and so will not effect any level of approval if not followed. This does not to discredit wherever they were acquired from. The point is armors will differ slightly between suppliers so naturally what may work with some armor may not work with others. The key here is that the plates do not extended further than the Ab mounting surfaces as seen in the reference photo. 

Ok, perfect. Thank you. Will post updated pics shortly

• Like 1

Much better though I personally would trim the smaller plate even further. Any edge or corner that sticks further than the armor is in danger of getting caught on something, not to mention a smaller plate would look more screen accurate, as per the reference photo. 

Much better though I personally would trim the smaller plate even further. Any edge or corner that sticks further than the armor is in danger of getting caught on something, not to mention a smaller plate would look more screen accurate, as per the reference photo. 

Ok, will do. Thank you

You're doing great 

Thanks for the encouragement. I still have yet to strap anything or set a snap. Would love to see the whole snap attachment done but unfortunately no armor build day in site for where I’m at.

11 minutes ago, Armoredfist5 said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I still have yet to strap anything or set a snap. Would love to see the whole snap attachment done but unfortunately no armor build day in site for where I’m at.

Snap mounts are pretty easy to be honest. I know all this may seam daunting however, there are many build threads on the subject as well as countless Centurions with interior photos illustrating placements, not to mention folks here to help.

If you don't feel up to making your own there are kits you can buy, just glue in place and go. 

Hope this helps

Snap mounts are pretty easy to be honest. I know all this may seam daunting however, there are many build threads on the subject as well as countless Centurions with interior photos illustrating placements, not to mention folks here to help.

If you don't feel up to making your own there are kits you can buy, just glue in place and go. 

Hope this helps

Yeah, I’m stuck in a research loop (chronic perfectionist) and just need to stop stressing, get off my an impolite person and do it. Not something I want to buy pre made. I know I can do it...hell, I’ve built my own 12’x12’ shed from scratch. Not sure why this is stressing me out to get absolutely perfect.

• Like 1