Jump to content
Skookumshot

Skookumshot's First Build

Recommended Posts

The shoulder straps are done. I'm at the point where I'm finding I need to redo a couple of things because I'm not quite satisfied with the fit.  I made the elastic shoulder straps a little shorter. Next I want to take apart the biceps and make them a little smaller.

XxynLqdh.jpg

 

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't happy with the gap between the shoulders and the chest/back plates which should be minimal, as per the CRL. I have tightened the shoulder bell elastics and I am reducing the biceps a little to try and bring the shoulders in closer. 

FJNraW1h.jpg

 

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reducing the size of the biceps, I found that they looked too small in relation to the forearms.  I've taken them apart again and opened up the bottoms a little bit where they meet the forearms. I'll have to fill a little on the inside, but that won't be noticeable. I'm trying to meet the requirements for the new Centurion CRL. I figure I might as well try and get it right now rather than have to make modifications later. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine tuning :jc_doublethumbup: Keep up the great work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding the thighs very restrictive.  If I had to chase any rebel scum and they ran up a flight of stairs, they'd get away for sure.

 

The new Centurion CRL for the lower leg armour states "Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges.", but I don't see anything for the thighs.  I am thinking about cutting them out something like this.  Opinions?

 

3LDhgUd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

but I don't see anything for the thighs

That’s an oversight, thanks for pointing it out:salute:  The cut lines you have would work but I would suggest not making them untill you are finished and tried the whole kit out. Walking stairs looking like a toddler that just learned to walk is somewhat required of a Stormtrooper:smiley-sw013:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

I'm finding the thighs very restrictive.  If I had to chase any rebel scum and they ran up a flight of stairs, they'd get away for sure.

 

The new Centurion CRL for the lower leg armour states "Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges.", but I don't see anything for the thighs.  I am thinking about cutting them out something like this.  Opinions?

 

 

Trimming the return edge as you have illustrated should substantially help with movement.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stripes position.  I'm unsure which side the stripes go on.  Is it A or B?  Also, I know they should be 1 pencil width down from the cheek, but how far from the front?

 

IDTOixv.png

Ky8wrsM.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A

Lower photo, position is good.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

A

Lower photo, position is good.

 

 

 

 

Thank-you sir.  You really make this a lot easier for us noobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skookumshot said:

Thank-you sir.  You really make this a lot easier for us noobs.

Thank you, glad to be of assistance. Trooper Helping Troopers :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good you checked, so many miss the fall of the tube stripes being greater at the top front A in your pics ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm getting near to completion, I'm finding it difficult to find time to work on this project.  As we are getting into summer, there's some function every weekend.  It's funny, but what most people consider "quality time" feels to me like time wasted when I could be working on something.

 

Having said that, I have made a little progress. I've trimmed the backs of the thighs and greaves a little and I'm just trying to get them fitted the way I want them.  I think I'll be putting a little foam on the insides in a couple of spots for comfort and to keep things aligned better. One issue I'm having is the Greaves want to slide down a little bit. Has anyone ever put straps between the thighs and Grieves to keep them in place and keep the spacing consistent? What are the pros and cons of this method?

 

Here is a picture showing what I think looks right to me. I just need a way of keeping everything in position. 

 

Opinions?

sIcJ0zoh.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

As I'm getting near to completion, I'm finding it difficult to find time to work on this project.  As we are getting into summer, there's some function every weekend.  It's funny, but what most people consider "quality time" feels to me like time wasted when I could be working on something.

 

Having said that, I have made a little progress. I've trimmed the backs of the thighs and greaves a little and I'm just trying to get them fitted the way I want them.  I think I'll be putting a little foam on the insides in a couple of spots for comfort and to keep things aligned better. One issue I'm having is the Greaves want to slide down a little bit. Has anyone ever put straps between the thighs and Grieves to keep them in place and keep the spacing consistent? What are the pros and cons of this method?

 

Here is a picture showing what I think looks right to me. I just need a way of keeping everything in position. 

 

Opinions?

 

 

Looking great. 

 

As for the alignment I place white Velcro on the front of my boots and inside the armor. Keeps everything nice and tidy ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...