MissionTrooper's First Build

MissionTrooper

Different make handguards I've found need different glues to adhere to the rubber so it's a bit of trial and error, I've used super glue, E6000, contact cement and also silicon. A test patch is the best idea to find the best adhesion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Different make handguards I've found need different glues to adhere to the rubber so it's a bit of trial and error, I've used super glue, E6000, contact cement and also silicon. A test patch is the best idea to find the best adhesion.

I thought I was being clever by making test pieces of silicone from a tube that said "100% silicone", and CA worked great.  The handguards that Mark makes is probably a higher quality 2 part that needs different glue.  It definitely feels softer and more flexible than regular silicone out of a tube.  I'll cut a piece of rubber from my test gloves and try gluing it to handguards before I go all in.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, husky68 said:

This was suggested to me from a Japan Garrison member.

kV9RCZK.jpg

I'd guess it's the same stuff. 

I gave it a try and it works!  I left a little edge on my test patch unglued so I could try to peel it off and it just tore the rubber.

80LjUW489dxZ0GzoT2_08p1SjTzjO6CwQmCwkXab

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great news hope to see you with number soon, congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's my second troop tonight (Weird Al) and I needed fans installed.  I got a 3D printer a few weeks ago, so I made a quick and dirty battery and switch mount.  I'll come up with something more permanent later.

UaLbjh2.jpg

MGPLMqP.jpg

• Like 4

I'm working on getting Centurion approval.  I think I've addressed the issues regarding my helmet that were pointed out in my EIB approval thread.

I just wanted to get some opinions before filling in holes with ABS paste and re-painting the screw heads.

The First change:

Align the ear screws with the traps.

xKKG9Wam.jpgonLtVGGm.jpglzzCsJpm.jpg

dfW1uXL.jpgj0PnORo.jpg

• Like 1