MissionTrooper's First Build

MissionTrooper

I made the visor removable using Chicago screws,  like Alay and TKZombie did.

PnquuFu.jpg

Yk8QTSC.jpg

I used this green grinding screen that I saw on another post.  Sorry, I can't remember who originally posted it.  

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003X3UAMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I made EVA foam grommets to help keep the Chicago screws in place and reduce some strain.

QdaReQp.jpg

ExLjl7n.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work and to think I just used silicon in my first helmet ;) 

I had intended to use Sugru, but when I saw Alay's post I liked the idea of being able to easily change the lenses if they got scratched.

I'll be installing my own homebrew voice changer and I've bought an Aker amp.  I see that most  people seem to install the amp in their chest, but I find it is a little too thick to fit comfortably.  Are there any other ideas?  I'm starting to think I may have to design my own amp and put speakers in the bucket.  Maybe I should buy Tony's hovi tips and amp, but I like doing things myself when I can.  It's more fun that way.

Tony; will your hovi tips meet Centurion approval, or are they something you swap in after approval?

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 1

It's been a week since I reinforced the shoulder straps.  Some of the E6000 was trapped in airtight pockets and never cured and it softened the HIPS to the point where I was able to put holes in it with my fingernail.  Luckily, it came off fairly easily.  I'm sure glad I didn't glue them to my armour right away.  Lesson learned!

0UU2tJj.jpg

• Like 1

so, I know the three pairs of rivets on the ab plate and the two on the ammo knee should be painted white, but what about the one on the bottom of the ab?

2cg6xY0h.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot

so, I know the three pairs of rivets on the ab plate and the two on the ammo knee should be painted white, but what about the one on the bottom of the ab?

2cg6xY0h.jpg&key=cfad3412b612c0a1db50b8df2864e2b970a050b169d3560901cb3175b34e3d1a
This one doesn't get painted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The frown is painted.  I always find painting a little fiddly. Does it look like I stopped in the right spot? I noticed that one of the mistakes that gets brought up for Centurion is over painting the frown. 

lJX9557h.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 1

The frown is painted.  I always find painting a little fiddly. Does it look like I stopped in the right spot? I noticed that one of the mistakes that gets brought up for Centurion is over painting the frown. 
lJX9557h.jpg&key=1a522b991427ec0d29fb3d2807e84ed7ceaef7217478dee100c1d31e90b67ebe
Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I did some more painting on my bucket.  I have it loosely assembled to see what it looks like, but I don't want to mess with it too much for a couple of days to make sure the paint has cured completely. 

0nScq5n.jpg

zU5htj9.jpg

vd3jSZX.jpg

• Like 3

Rather than drill holes in the ab and use snaps, I used magnets. 

I made little pockets using the extra fabric from the belt and used fabric fusion to glue them to the belt. I glued magnets on the inside of the ab piece.  The belt just pops into place. 

soFeSEJ.jpg

TkqN4QV.jpg

ywVchwS.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

I made little pockets using the extra fabric from the belt and used fabric fusion to glue them to the belt. I glued magnets on the inside of the ab piece.  The belt just pops into place. 

soFeSEJ.jpg

TkqN4QV.jpg

ywVchwS.jpg

Nice, I'd be interested to hear how it holds up during troop. Look very clean, great work

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

soFeSEJ.jpg

TkqN4QV.jpg

ywVchwS.jpg

I had been thinking about using a similar setup when I get to attaching my belt, don't want anymore holes in my armor :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artshot said:

I had been thinking about using a similar setup when I get to attaching my belt, don't want anymore holes in my armor :)

I was worried I might get it in the wrong position and be asked to move it for approval. The magnets on the armour are attached with 3M double sided tape, so they can be easily moved.  I figured if it works for car trim, it should hold up. 

• Like 1

Personally speaking I would avoid using magnets if for one reason only, what happens if you're trooping and someone like a child grabs your belt and pulls it down?

If you're afraid of drilling holes maybe use industrial strength Velcro. Just a thought. Keep up the great work :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1