MissionTrooper's First Build

MissionTrooper

3 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

How do you keep the greaves in place?

I keep mine snug around the boot and leg and so far so good, I know some use snaps or velcro to keep them in line and I linked yet another option:salute:

6 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

Fitment check. Does this look right?  How do you keep the greaves in place?  As soon as I move they want to rotate to the outside. 

There a few solutions to prevent this from straps to snaps to velcro.

I simply place a 1-1/2" square patch of white Velcro on the front upper portion of my boot and the same desired area inside my shin. It's worked for me for years.

Thighs look awesome, don't forget to paint the rivet heads.

24 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

After looking at the pictures, I'm starting to wonder if the thighs should have had more taper. What do you guys think?

They look good.  :duim: Nice work. 

As for the shins - I did the same thing as Ukswrath.  Little bit of velcro and the problem is solved.  Easy fix.

• Like 1

Garter belt.  I had a rethink on the belt. I thought the buckle might rub on the inside of the ab, so I went with velcro as per this thread.

I'm no seamstress, but I managed to get it done. 

ZMg3KcU.jpg

gUXiSRN.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 1

IMHO think the brow is just fine however, the CRL is changing stating there should be an some white seen underneath. If you plan on shooting for the higher levels you might want to raise it a bit.

21 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

I thought the buckle might rub on the inside of the ab, so I went with velcro as per this thread.

I've never had an issue with the buckle rubbing but whatever works.  I tend to avoid velcro - I've had velcro attachments fail in the past so I stick with snaps or tons of E6000.

The brow is a bit low for stunt.  As mentioned above - you may want to move it up a touch for upper level approval, just in case.  A few mm of white is what you want (4 to 5mm if I had to guess)

33 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

Awesome, thanks! How high should the sniper knee in relation to the thigh?  It has been a pain to get fitted to the shin.  

Judge for yourself (reference photo below). That said with the sniper knee below the thigh increases mobility and helps eliminate armor bites.

Capture_1.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

I prefer the lower brow, but I think I read a post ( I can't find it now) saying the lower brow is hero and the higher is stunt.

Some Stunt brow-reference

XD5GMEc.jpg

You'll find a lot of references in the gallery section, here are some brows

A New Hope Stunt Helmet Eyes 05

A New Hope Stunt Helmet Eyes 02

• Like 1

Have a sewing machine? If yes I'd trim it back to within 1" of the Velcro closest to thearmor. If no machine check with your GML, they'll give you some honest approval advice.

• Like 1

Belt is done.

My local hardware store didn't have any washers the right size for the rivets, so I had to make some.  They are ugly, but they'll work.  

fuiYifa.jpg

I had to put the washers on the back side because the buttons weren't deep enough to cover them.

qdRWFBN.jpg

Kxyzj9L.jpg

4cfWBnrh.jpg

aPGWDdi.jpg

Drop boxes are aligned with the edges and there are no gaps.

Dryhjfc.jpg

2H4VQIX.jpg

• Like 1

Ab buttons.  I made vinyl masks with my Cricut. The edges of the vaccuum forming aren't sharply defined, so I tried to judge where the edge transitioned. 

uskgxxjh.jpg

3r7Tgsu.jpg

thhm0lF.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 3

Ab buttons.  I made vinyl masks with my Cricut. The edges of the vaccuum forming aren't sharply defined, so I tried to judge where the edge transitioned. 

uskgxxjh.jpg&key=a2cca90412e7618a9ea7e5f819c37262030de928cb7d271067f9fe63bfbd80bd

3r7Tgsu.jpg&key=7b6aac93809bd34ec36555d2b637fbf018120211366615bdc2bb8813279b0e95

thhm0lF.jpg&key=ec757c28565933c03af416794f5f86c84db7305dca433ab5884b3fe52bceac35
What a great idea, nice job.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1