MissionTrooper's First Build

MissionTrooper

Looks like a small batch of ABS paste is in your future, Andrew.  @kman has a great tutorial here if you need it:   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/    Keep the questions and photos coming! 

• Like 1

Thanks, I will be ordering the s trim today. 

I picked up a piece of grey PVC for the thermal detonator to replace the black ABS that came with the armour.  I can sand and polish it to get it looking decent, but it is just a little lighter than the stickers that came with the kit. How accurate do the colors need to be?

jJv1UUqh.jpg

If you're placing a trooperbay order, you might want to go ahead and get some of the dark green lens (thicker than the AP lens material), and the D ring for your blaster.  I think I've paid more in shipping to trooperbay than I have in items because I didn't get it all at one time. 

I'll let one of the wise guys (haha) chime in, but I think you're good on the TD color.  If those two pieces are ever close of enough to see the color difference when you are in your kit, something has gone terribly wrong.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CoatHanger said:

If you're placing a trooperbay order, you might want to go ahead and get some of the dark green lens (thicker than the AP lens material), and the D ring for your blaster.  I think I've paid more in shipping to trooperbay than I have in items because I didn't get it all at one time. 

I'll let one of the wise guys (haha) chime in, but I think you're good on the TD color.  If those two pieces are ever close of enough to see the color difference when you are in your kit, something has gone terribly wrong.

Thanks for the advice.  Shipping is the real expense, especially to Canada.  

Yes, I have bigger problems if my head is that close to my...  ;)

Hey!!!!!
You found me!
I’m also an AP Stunt Centurion with a Quest Canada blaster.
I will happily sew you your seal. Shipping is $2.10 Canadian I think.
I’ll message you privately for details.
Good luck with your build...
(from what I have seen, you don’t need luck. You are doing quite well!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Soulart said:

Hey!!!!!
You found me!
I’m also an AP Stunt Centurion with a Quest Canada blaster.
I will happily sew you your seal. Shipping is $2.10 Canadian I think.
I’ll message you privately for details.
Good luck with your build...
(from what I have seen, you don’t need luck. You are doing quite well!)

Cool!  I met some troopers from the Outer Rim Garrison at Vancouver Fan Expo (I met Billy Dee Williams too!) and they gave me the contact info for Mark at AP and then Quest Canada.  Now I'm on my way. :)

• Like 1

Did you meet Nick The Guy??? The Outer Rims CO???
He is a dear friend of mine and a wonderful man. Heck! They all are spectacular there!
I must get there to troop with them.

21 minutes ago, Soulart said:

Did you meet Nick The Guy??? The Outer Rims CO???
He is a dear friend of mine and a wonderful man. Heck! They all are spectacular there!
I must get there to troop with them. emoji175.png

I may have.  The only name I remember is Marco.  My brother-in-law and Pandatrooper used to work together at EA.

Edited by Skookumshot

16 hours ago, CoatHanger said:

lol, spot on Lindsey.

The grey is fine just make sure it's clean (free from manufacture labels, etc).

Edited by ukswrath

Nice work, looks a tad long but may be the photo, just check with this reference:

gallery_12157_51_24375.jpg

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, looks a tad long but may be the photo, just check with this reference:

gallery_12157_51_24375.jpg

It is a little long.  I haven't seated the end caps all the way.  It looks like it should be about 190mm OAL and the caps should be about 20mm.  Is that correct?

Edited by Skookumshot

2 minutes ago, Skookumshot said:

It is a little long.  I haven't seated the end caps all the way.  It looks like it should be about 190mm OAL and the caps should be about 20mm.  Is that correct?

Correct

• Like 1