mlarsen

Hello from Minnesota

Hello,

I just joined the forum.  I first became familiar with the 501st while attending San Diego Comic Con several years ago.  This would be my first build.  I am hoping to build ANH Stormtrooper eventually to Centurion.  I have started to read the "Getting Started" section and started to read about the various types of armor and where to find them.  I am about 6'1" and about 175lbs so I am assuming any seller should be fine?  Any concerns about purchasing already trimmed armor and assemble myself?

Welcome!

I guess my question is who trimmed it? if its from the vendor then it should be fine. they do what we call a "pre-trim" which means all or most the Extra stuff has been cut away. But if its from a single person, I would use caution. They may have trimmed it to fit them, and some parts may not work for you, which can cause issues, shimming, or all together need for new parts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Welcome!

I guess my question is who trimmed it? if its from the vendor then it should be fine. they do what we call a "pre-trim" which means all or most the Extra stuff has been cut away. But if its from a single person, I would use caution. They may have trimmed it to fit them, and some parts may not work for you, which can cause issues, shimming, or all together need for new parts.

Yes, it would be the vendor.

Shouldn't be an issue then. But you can always ask the vendor, they will know better than anyone. Do you have a vendor in mind?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard, it you have a look at some of the build threads you will find a lot of info on which armor fits which size. Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

Welcome. You should be good with AP. Good luck with the build we’re here to help so get a build thread started when you do start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and Welcome to FISD.

AP will be good for you. Looking forward to your build thread.

Hi Matthew, welcome to the home of the Stormtroopers. :smiley-sw013:

16 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

Welcome!

Correct our AP fully trimmed kit will be trimmed according to customer's size so no worries ;)

No worries with AP.  I have purchased both a trimmed and untrimmed kit from AP in the past.  Mark does a very good job on the trimming.  If you are a bit larger in the arms I would mention that to Mark when ordering. 

Oh, and welcome to the FISD! :salute:

• Like 2

I have built 3 AP kits so far, they're really easy to modify to a wearer of any height/weight.  You'll be fine :)

Welcome to FISD! Looking forward to the build thread!

• Like 1

Welcome and yeah it will be good to have a little extra trimming to do for most cases as you'll want to save the trimmed ABS should you ever need to make repairs to cracks and stuff. Many other members here have done this and in their builds detail the use and process.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, FN-1313 said:

Welcome and yeah it will be good to have a little extra trimming to do for most cases as you'll want to save the trimmed ABS should you ever need to make repairs to cracks and stuff. Many other members here have done this and in their builds detail the use and process.

AP kits include matching ABS strips so plenty of extra material.

Mark (AP)

Mark and AP are a great choice

Thanks everyone.  I have the armor on order and will order boots from Imperial Boots on their next wave.  One size up from what I normally wear right?  I am planning on starting a build thread when I get the armor.

• Like 1