Bleach Trooper Shadowtrooper first time build

Left forearm preassembled and fits perfect.

Luckily I didn’t have to really resize it but this is waaay more a pain in the A then I feel it should have been! Exacto blows for cutting rounded edges, the snip I got are also useless for those! I had to carefully carve them out with the exacto which took forever.

Ended up using a dremel with cutting wheel for the long straight edges (butt edges) and sanding after.

Saw a video where someone placed the forearm on a counter, held a ruler on it with one hand and scored with a utility knife.

I couldn’t even get the forearm to lay flat on a table cause of the return edges!

So one down! On to the next after work.

Now, I know it says no return at the wrist for higher level. Absolutely no return? I feel it will look cheap if it’s literally just the edge of the thin ABS. I took about half the width off so far. Is that enough?

IMG_0143.jpgIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0146.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2019 at 12:03 PM, Bleach Trooper said:

Disregard my question about the amount of return at the wrists. Just found the answer on another post.

Still wondering why though.

Still wondering why no return edges? Yeah, that is something a lot of us asked when building our first suit. The simple answer is that the armor seen on screen had no return edge. Here are some examples:

gallery_12157_38_1624.jpg

gallery_12157_38_12655.jpg

Link to gallery: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

And I found that most things like this no one will notice besides other troopers. Whether you have an edge or not in the end is up to you. You can always come back later and trim it. With that said, I am a fan of no trim.

Hope this helps. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T K said:

Still wondering why no return edges? Yeah, that is something a lot of us asked when building our first suit. The simple answer is that the armor seen on screen had no return edge.

Mobility

Forearm sizing question:

I have sized both forearms to myself and taped them up. The left requires almost no trimming but the right needs a bit.

I have measured many times to make sure both are exactly the same widths top to bottom and I’m ready to cut.

My question is, (on the right forearm #17 and #19) which do I cut? Do I cut a little off both?

I am thinking to cut 19 since it seems to have way more space to cut than 17 but I just want to make sure before I get to it.

In the first photo 17 is where my index finger is and 19 is my thumb. You can see the overlap between.

IMG_0165.thumb.jpg.5d0bc0eb87a3bfc94b17cba040c8b1a4.jpg

IMG_0167.thumb.jpg.04109a655a52646985eb00b784e11cd2.jpg

So the key here is to leave roughly 1/2" gap between your arm and the armor. Starting with the sides with a flat section cut to spec leaving roughly 8mm from edge of the plastic to where the return edge crease begins. Afterwards test fit to see if there's more material that needs to be removed from the opposite side/closure of the armor, if any. If so remove it from the inner half of the armor. 

• Like 1

So the key here is to leave roughly 1/2" gap between your arm and the armor. Starting with the sides with a flat section cut to spec leaving roughly 8mm from edge of the plastic to where the return edge crease begins. Afterwards test fit to see if there's more material that needs to be removed from the opposite side/closure of the armor, if any. If so remove it from the inner half of the armor. 

Perfect that’s what I figured from your build post. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Ok got the right side forearm sized and cut to size.

I still have to mess with the curve at the inner elbow so I can bend my arms better.

The thing that is driving me crazy is the overall shape of the forearm. Currently it is very oval shaped on both ends coming to a pretty noticeable point at the butt points on the front and back where the cover strips will be. Every image I have seen looks pretty flat there so how do I fix this?

d7367f7962183790bd91fb5b81aa42c5.jpgb984ceeb27dde84ce595b94872ce8c4a.jpg110768242b4927588e821afab3ff2fea.jpg

The shape should improve once the cover strips are installed however the wonkiness will remain, welcome to the world of asymmetrical armor. 

Screen used armor

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpg

Next question. About to start biceps and I have absolutely no idea what to do/ where exactly they go, how much to trim bla bla bla.

Putting the forearm and bicep makes my arms look tiny and short as heck! Hahaha I swear I’m not that tiny!!

Anyway, as is right now, every edge of the bicep hurts.

Ukswrath, I’m using your build post as I go but I still don’t know where to start here. I’ve searched as well as I could but still no info.

So here’s some photos and questions.

So how high are the biceps supposed to be? How much space between them and forearms?

44b60f428e7642000a07715d9b208e5f.jpg

Next. The top (if I have this placed what I think is correctly) digs into my pit, do I just trim a good amount off the final top edge?
2ddfc8868d5707bd1dbfac12b10f89cf.jpg

Finally (for now) can I put a slight curve at the bottom for more movement or does it have to be flat?
d4db5cae780a80b68ff68956f00bac72.jpg

1. Align the lower edges of both sides. Also, bicep position is such the left thumb print is toward your ribs.  

2. If you used the Anovos trim line the inner half really doesn't leave you with much to work with so trim the outer half stopping from time to check your fitment (remember to use the same 1/2" space clearance around your arm). Also keep in mind if you trim too much the biceps will look smaller than the forearms which is not good either. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...