Detaching Cod Plate

I'm strongly considering detaching my cod plate on my TM build to adjust it for my height, and I would love to keep it detached and just strap the two pieces together. To my understanding, doing so would still keep me eligible for Centurion status. Also it looks great on Zel's build. I suppose it looks fairly straightforward, but does anybody have some extra advice on this? I haven't seen much about it on the forums.

Would not recommend. Instead cut the bottom of the chest plate if you are so short. That's what they did with Mark Hamill's suit.

With my old armor kit, I had the cod plate split from the abdomen plate. It's comfortable for when you gotta pee. But that's pretty much it.
For height adjustment I'd recommend the more accurate method of cutting the chest plate, like Mathias advised.

With my newer armor, I decided to leave it as one piece, for accuracy reasons. :)

Besides accuracy, any other reasons? I guess I'm going for a good mix of that and mobility/comfort. I also really like having the return edge on the chest...I'll do some more trial fittings and see what's up.

Thanks for the replies though, makes my decision harder! ;)

You could cut the top of the ab plate then, since that will be hidden under the chest. But the chances are your chest will cover up too much of it.

If you do shorten your cod the chances are your not going to be able to trim very much out before it's going to look weird under the belt, the V section wouldn't be very wide. Some with issues in height have taken some material off their chest and back sections, here are a few builds which may help.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

But while doing a quick search I also found Sha Sha's build, she did actually cut her cod so you may get away with it.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

You can iron the chest plate to get a new return edge after cutting it. Not sure how this type of iron is called, but in germany it's used for plastic foil.

----------

I know several members who did that quite successful :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed