Hello all. My name is Bleach (yes it is my real name). I recently purchased a Battlefront Shadowtrooper kit and am very excited to get this thing up and running. Thanks to the peeps over at the Wolf Pack Squad Leadership, I was directed here for help and resources.

So far I spent a day trimming all the pieces using  Uswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt) thread which has so far been really helpful. I am however not sure what my next step should be. I am a  5" 8" thin little irishman, so I feel I should next start sizing things before doing all the snaps and strapping?? I found a video showing how to do new return edges after cutting ends of thighs and whatnot, but I am still not sure how to go about getting my measurements correct. 

So if anyone has some suggestions or cant point me in the right direction, that would be great. I have never been good at these forum kind of things. Maybe I'm just bad at using correct terms to search for, but it always takes me forever to find what I am looking for! :)

Thank you for any info you are willing to give and once I start the sizing I shall upload some images.

IMG_0008.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Bleach, the most common alterations for a trooper of your height is trimming the top of the things, lower edge of the calves, sometimes the forearms and maybe the kidney however, you really won't know how the armor feels and looks until you try it on and take some photos. You may not have to do too much at all. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, you can pick up a lot of knowledge looking through some of the build threads, good luck and looking forward to the progress

• Like 1

Thanks.  Yeah, the undersuit from Anovos is too big for me so im looking into underarmor which has been recommended from a friend in the 501st. Sounds like  ( from Uswrath's post) i should have that on while sizing. So I will probably order that tonight.

9 minutes ago, Bleach Trooper said:

Thanks.  Yeah, the undersuit from Anovos is too big for me so im looking into underarmor which has been recommended from a friend in the 501st. Sounds like  ( from Uswrath's post) i should have that on while sizing. So I will probably order that tonight.

Compression clothing from sporting stores also works, may be an easier option for you locally, can also be  a little cheaper depending on where you can purchase them ;) 

• Like 2

Under armor is nice, but thanks to brand names can be pricier. I’ve found some solid compression gear on Amazon as well for extremely cheap. Plus I can load up on extras. I’m excited to see your build progress! 

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD Bleach. Yes, get that compression suit first and then use it when test-fitting your armor, because you will wear it while wearing your armor. ;)

If you are in doubt with cutting or fitting issues, just start a build thread and we will be there to help. Good luck and enjoy your trooper journey... :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Hello Bleach,

Welcome to FISD.

• Like 1

:salute: Welcome to the FISD! As others mentioned, once you get that suit, try it on and submit more photos! We will help you a long the way! 

• Like 2

Welcome to FISD!

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD.  As mentioned, get your undersuit (there are many options on Amazon) and take it one piece at a time.  I started with the arms.  I found the thighs to be one of the trickier parts to size. 

Unless you really want return edges on all your pieces - you don't need to recreate them on most parts.  The ankle and wrists should not have them (wrist return edge is not passable at higher levels), the top of the thighs are more comfortable without them, and the elbow can be more comfortable without them as well. 

Good luck on your build!

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Bleach 

Goodluck with your build ! :duim:

• Like 1

I have been having trouble figuring out both how to start a build thread, and attaching photos. no matter how small (low res) i keep getting file too big messages.. but i have seen a fe posts on here with tons of large photos so what am i doing wrong?

5 minutes ago, Bleach Trooper said:

I have been having trouble figuring out both how to start a build thread, and attaching photos. no matter how small (low res) i keep getting file too big messages.. but i have seen a fe posts on here with tons of large photos so what am i doing wrong?

You can upload photos by using hosting sites like Imgur:salute:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Bleach. :-)

The Tapatalk app is also a dead easy way to upload photos directly from your mobile. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

Welcome, Bleach!  As mentioned, once you create an imgur account, I recommend starting a build thread here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/.

You can (and should) start out by posting lots of pics of you actually wearing the armor with an undersuit.  From that point, we can better help you with fitting issues.

Even though you will eventually have to sign up at Special Ops for approval, the basics of armor construction are the same, and we are here to help wherever we can.

Here are a few links that may help:

Special Ops Detachment:  https://specops501st.com/

Battlefront Shadow Stormtrooper CRL:  http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_Battlefront_Shadow_Stormtrooper

On 4/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, wook1138 said:

The ankle and wrists should not have them (wrist return edge is not passable at higher levels), the top of the thighs are more comfortable without them

no return edges on top of thigh armour?? 

no return edges on top of thigh armour?? 

It’s up to you. He’s just saying it’s more comfortable without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1