My Very First ANH Stunt Build

TkRodrigues

Good start, James. Whilst it’s a tricky kit to work with, it looks like you’ve made a good start.

Something that I believe will hold you up from the higher levels that you’re aiming for, ie EIB and Centurion, is that you’ve sealed the ears to the lid. These should be separate pieces. You could also afford to trim them down quite a bit. Here’s some reference pics with suggested trim lines.

8d403ce636657f5962cefccbdc3c50df.jpg&key=5a4be7bd87e637a148c0fd169f36fc36c05cfda07a51fff9ce3e246395706798

8bd5fbb710248bfa95a586dc6b7fce00.jpg&key=56e9e1b4ad54bc60c5bd59f3a2b1757951956674ef401268d0928ae92928150a

This is likely to become a roadblock, possibly even at basic level. Might be worth checking with your GML about that.

Paint work looks good. Keep up the good work. :-)

• Like 1

Nice work on the painting, trim those ears a little and you'll look so much better, but if not you may be ok for basic approval, dependant on your GML (garrison membership liaison)

• Like 1

Hey I found you here James! I'll keep an eye on this and your Garrison work in progress. This is the place to get some great help from a whole bunch of us. 

Keep up the great work! And for God's sake. Put a shirt on:laugh1:

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magni said:

Hey I found you here James! I'll keep an eye on this and your Garrison work in progress. This is the place to get some great help from a whole bunch of us. 

Keep up the great work! And for God's sake. Put a shirt on:laugh1:

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

hahaha i will make sure i am fully clothed in the next pics! it wasn't easy to pull those ears back apart strip the silicone and sand down the high spots and re paint the ear section of the helmet!difficult to blend in to the existing paint job on the helmet

Hi James!

Congrats on an awesome start!! Your bucket and paint job look great.

I had quite the struggle with trimming my ears into shape. It took me three tries! Definitely worth it in the end, though—they look much better when they aren't sticking out quite so far. 

Also, I note that you're using Ukswrath's Hovi-Mic speakers - which are awesome. Did your kit also come with regular Hovi-Mic tips? If so, you'll want to hang on to those since you're planning on building for L3. I'm working on my L3 application and I've been counselled that Ukswrath's Hovi-Mics aren't L3-approvable (because of the white plastic behind the mesh). Simple fix if you still have the originals—just swap them out for the application photos and then re-install afterwards them for trooping. Again, that is only to do with L3 approval. The Ukswrath mic tips are perfectly fine for basic and even for L2. 

Keep up the great work! :salute:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

Hi James!

Congrats on an awesome start!! Your bucket and paint job look great.

I had quite the struggle with trimming my ears into shape. It took me three tries! Definitely worth it in the end, though—they look much better when they aren't sticking out quite so far. 

Also, I note that you're using Ukswrath's Hovi-Mic speakers - which are awesome. Did your kit also come with regular Hovi-Mic tips? If so, you'll want to hang on to those since you're planning on building for L3. I'm working on my L3 application and I've been counselled that Ukswrath's Hovi-Mics aren't L3-approvable (because of the white plastic behind the mesh). Simple fix if you still have the originals—just swap them out for the application photos and then re-install afterwards them for trooping. Again, that is only to do with L3 approval. The Ukswrath mic tips are perfectly fine for basic and even for L2. 

Keep up the great work! :salute:

Thank You ! I have since trimmed the ears way down and left the gap.Also i do have the original tips that came with the kit thank you for the heads up!

• Like 1

Great work, can't quite see the Hovi tips but they should be white inside with a white rim

DaveMANH01.jpg

Looking forward to the progress, when in doubt check with the gallery section or asks questions, good luck.

• Like 1