Brad's ANH TK (Stunt) Build Thread

Alleged

21 hours ago, snipedoc2001 said:

Looks excellent, keep up the good work.  Keep an eye on the gap between the thighs and the cod when actually putting your straps together.  Its a bit too big in the pictures that you posted.  Keep it up, it looks great!

Yes, that is next on the agenda, thank you for the suggestion!   And I can feel in in my lower leg mobility when my thighs sit too low.  Raising them forthwith!

Edited by Alleged
grammar

Hello everyone, I found the reference below for, among a lot of other useful information, the dimensions of the main ammo belt for an ANH Stunt TK,  and I'm looking for a slightly higher resolution graphic (older eyes.)   

So, confirming that on the main belt, the ends are trimmed 1 1/2 US inches from the end "ammo pack."  The corners are trimmed at a 45 degree angle 1/2 US inches from the corners.  The buttons on the end are centered and 3/4 US inches from the end on both sides of the belt.  

Measuring 3 times before trimming anything and all, and I mostly want to make sure the end is 1 1/2 inches and not 1 1/8 or 1 1/4.    

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

So like a lot of people, the vast majority of my time has been spent adjusting to a new reality for living and work.  I'm a science teacher at a high school in the US, so for me that meant figuring out how to best serve students remotely, while observing social distancing as much as possible.

That work is getting done, as well as some volunteering for my community.   Trooping for now is out, armor building has plummeted in the list of priorities.

But today, I allowed myself some research into the next step (and final part of my build that I haven't started at all.)  Yes, the  helmet.  Always the CRL is the guide.   My friend Sha-Sha suggested that I start with the guide linked below.  It's for an ATA (and I have a WTF kit), but I like the step-by-step instructions:  

Next, I studied a video based on the WTF helmet:  

And so I have marked my armor with an expo for rough trimming.  I am hoping for some guidance from the detachment regarding where I *think* rough trimming should start.  

Below, the expo marker on the top is just on a what seems to be a natural "bend" in the mold.  I think this is supposed to be the "top."

49710760002_fb72916030_b.jpg

Below, the expo is just below the bend in the "brow."   This is about 2.5 cm (~ 1") below the very top of the armor.

49710437546_909ce70db7_b.jpg

Below I just followed the contour.   I amagined a line extending along the bottom of the trapezoid, across the brow.

49710760042_3172399e38_b.jpg

...and the other side. 

49710760067_415d5aac1b_b.jpg

This is what appeared to be correct for the bottom of the back of the helmet.

49709903583_0e70a6ccda_b.jpg

I  centered this with measuring tape (it's straighter than it looks in the picture.  This is about 1 inch from the bottom the front part of the armor. 

49709903308_5404c55f81_b.jpg

The bottom of the face plate rough cut from the maker wasn't all that symmetrical, this is what I htink would be OK for rough trimming. 

49709903228_cf3c3c62c0_b.jpg

Thanks for reading, and commenting.   Wishing health and comfort for all.  

• 9 months later...

I haven't been updating this thread like I intended (pandemic, day job, etc.) but I got approved yesterday!  I can troop!  (maybe...)   Still a ways to go in my journey, but this is a big step forward.  Thank you to everyone who has commented or provided encouragement.   I had SO much help from everyone.

Front 50801564376_d14002cc2a_b.jpg

Right 50801681707_66a19346ff_b.jpg

Left 50801564351_b164355b96_b.jpg

Rear 50800822358_e831139be0_b.jpg

Action 50801564556_e5a21195c7_b.jpg

I need to work on my shims to clean up the seams, and I'm going to make another TD.  But I'm really happy so far!  Again, thank you to everyone on FISD who helped me with this. 

• Like 1

Congrats!! :)

Now off to this section: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/160-newly-approved-members-sound-off/

I'd also like to motivate you for reaching higher levels. Our LvL2 standards for Expert Infantry are not far off from the basic approval.
You'll find all the information about the EIB program here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantryman-program/

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!  I received so much help from troopers in my Garrison and from around the world.   There are some adjustments being made, but yes, I am very interested in submitting for EIB, so thank you for the link and the checklist.   I will also post in the "sound off" area, too!

-Brad

TK/IN/ID/IC 99611

• Like 3