Greetings from the SF Bay Area

Hello everyone,  my name is Brad, and I live in Northern California and I am a member of Golden Gate Garrison.  I have been trooping as an ID/IN/IC-99611 for approximately 9 months, and I have finally decided to take the plunge and start building a TK (ANH - stunt.)  Several members of my Garrison have inspired me, both with their costuming skills, love of things SW, and their personal stories (in particular Sha Sha Chu, Gynnie Lindquist, and many others.)

Where I am at:  I have acquired armor and (some) tools, and pretty much have only opened the box at this point.       It's time to start the build thread, and will do so shortly, but wanted to stop by and say hello first. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Alleged said:

Hello everyone,  my name is Brad, and I live in Northern California and I am a member of Golden Gate Garrison.  I have been trooping as an ID/IN/IC-99611 for approximately 9 months, and I have finally decided to take the plunge and start building a TK (ANH - stunt.)  Several members of my Garrison have inspired me, both with their costuming skills, love of things SW, and their personal stories (in particular Sha Sha Chu, Gynnie Lindquist, and many others.)

Where I am at:  I have acquired armor and (some) tools, and pretty much have only opened the box at this point.       It's time to start the build thread, and will do so shortly, but wanted to stop by and say hello first. 

Hey Brad, welcome to the FISD my fellow GGG brother. Someone will be along shortly with a boatload of information and links for you to check out. What armor did you buy?

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Brad, welcome to the FISD my fellow GGG brother. Someone will be along shortly with a boatload of information and links for you to check out. What armor did you buy?

Walt's Trooper Factory, and it looks awesome.  Very humbly looking forward to info (researching aerators at the moment.)  Pics on a build thread very soon.    

Welcome aboard!  This place is an amazing resource for everything you'll need for your build.

I'd start by gathering all of your supplies, soft goods, and getting your boots ordered (they can take a while!).

Read lots, ask lots of questions, post lots of pictures! (Set up an IMGUR account if you haven't yet).

I look forward to your build thread!

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD!  I'm in the South Valley Squad down in the Central Valley, so perhaps someday I"ll make it up North to see you!  Or maybe we'll see you at a Central CA Garrison event. :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome (and thank you to fellow GGG and CCG members who have identified themselves; I have no doubt we will troop together soon).    Build thread is started; it may be the world's slowest build, but doing it right is important to me, and exactly why I sought out the 501st Legion.   See everyone around the galaxy (and in my build thread!)  - Brad

• 3 months later...