A New Hope: Episode 42 - A First Build! (Anovos)

vortex512

10 hours ago, vortex512 said:

Now for today...

I am beginning the part that has me the most anxious. Trimming! I have my guide printed (@ukswrath) and am going to trim it all out before beginning the sizing. Once trimmed I'll post pictures of the pieces for feedback and directions. I know there are parts where there should be no return edge (i.e. the wrist end of the forearms), but if someone is able to list all the parts and which ends of each part, should not have a return edge for the Centurion level, it would be of great assistance!

Just as Dan Mentioned, the FISD Galleries section has a ton of references for trimming:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

Some troopers like to keep return edges in most places, which gives the armor a "thicker" look, but in reality you have to think about comfort.  Return edges left too wide or not removed in the wrong places can cause pinching or chafing (armor bite) after an hour or more of having them on.

In the films, most of these were removed, as seen in the photos below.  

The areas I always recommend removing (if nothing else) are the tops of the thighs, tops (and sometimes bottoms) of the biceps, the tops of the forearms and of course the wrist openings of the forearms as Dan showed.  If your shoulder bells sit too far away from the chest or flare out, the bottoms of these can be removed as well.

If you are thinking about removing any return edges, it is very important to do this before final fitting/gluing.  Otherwise, the piece will be too loose if you decide to do it after.

dqzYpb4.jpg?1 HE2YZuY.jpg?1  QBYQQ7M.jpg?1

Side note:  In case you missed it, if you slide the handle of your bin out (not all the way, though) the lift out box sits right inside the opening.  This allows you access to it as well as what is inside the main area.  The inside lid is also a cool place to mount you favorite patches (I use double sided Velcro).

bFEqLHF.jpg?1  jdvb8wj.jpg?1