Anovos Imperial kit (2018) - Aiming for Centurion

Hirerob

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Yeah, it seems that Anovos went from one extreme to the other on the frown paint.  They used to carry it all the way into the gum line, and now it's too short!

I would grab some  Humbrol # 5 or Testors # 1138 gray paint at a hobby shop and re-do them all.  Hint:  Use a quality, soft bristle brush with a fine tip for painting, especially in the small V on the sides.

AfP1Xw8.jpg?1

Hey Joseph, on something like this, do you need to just remove all that paint first and start over or are you able to use the correct paint and paint OVER what was already done.  I would think remove it but I hear how much of a pain in the an impolite person that paint is to remove so figured I'd ask!

Thanks!

Mike

TK81712

Depends how thick the paint is there, you really don't want to see the old paint lines underneath, but if it's only thin I'd paint straight over the top.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bud0973 said:

Hey Joseph, on something like this, do you need to just remove all that paint first and start over or are you able to use the correct paint and paint OVER what was already done. 

Exactly as Glen said.  Fortunately, Anovos paint looks to be applied on the thin side with no ridges, so it's probably safe to just go right over it

• Like 1