709th Legion Red Fury (Ep 9 Stormtrooper Variant)

spiel82

Hi everyone!
First thing to admins - if this topic should be started at other forum - please let me know or just move it there!

Tere are rumors and "leaks" about troopers of 709th Legion to be showed in ipcoming ep9.
Firstly it was mentioned by Scott Trowbridge, discussing Galaxy's Edge...then described by Jason Ward’s at @makingstarwars and the Crew T-Shirt via leaked on twitter.
There was a rough idea of how this Kylo's special forces will look like...till new poster leaked.
f8c2egek3oo21.thumb.jpg.a722853a2d1bcab1d19182787c4af85a.jpgf8c2egek3oo212-1_1.thumb.jpg.7e15c23c6747bafcc88a03e24aeac6c5.jpg

Basing on these pics, I tried imagine - how the helmet could look like. 
So far what I see: 
1) flat chin area,
2) flat splitted nose plate,
3) forehead grooves,
4) no mic tip,
5) flat lines
6) Phasma motives

• Like 1

Looking forward to the progress and of course more referent images. 

Appears the armor also has a lot of differences to a standard FOTK, looks like a new set of armor may be on the cards. There is also something weird on top of the shoulder bell, perhaps it's one of these :laugh1:

Related image

I'm still not sold on the artwork though, different versions FOTK helmets 7 and 8 mixed together. 

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking forward to the progress and of course more referent images. 

Appears the armor also has a lot of differences to a standard FOTK, looks like a new set of armor may be on the cards. There is also something weird on top of the shoulder bell, perhaps it's one of these :laugh1:

Related image

I'm still not sold on the artwork though, different versions FOTK helmets 7 and 8 mixed together. 

So that what i saw too)))))))))))))) Yes, indeed very interesting to see more details! 

Really hard to say, they don't seem as prominent in this image though but the centre raised section still appears to follow that of the nose.

f8c2egek3oo212-1_1.thumb.jpg.7e15c23c6747bafcc88a03e24aeac6c5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 3:35 AM, spiel82 said:

So I combined all I saw into new model...

1866649448_ASPEp9REDMk2_7RENDER_1_1_1.thumb.jpg.db17e33183d9f642be90fc3f094d5b26.jpg

Based on your model we start a prototype for a fiberglass helmet, no matter if it comes out a little bit different In  the movie, it’s a really cool prototype!

C982BE69-08CF-48A5-9D8C-3984A15FBBB0.jpeg

Edited by Shernand

Very nice and I hope the helmet design is seen in EPIX.

With a lot of references to "Red Fury" troopers in the comics from Galaxy's Edge and them being a legion of white Stormtroopers it does bring up a question mark to  will there be more than one red trooper in EPIX or even if we will see just one. 

Makes perfect sense using the name "Red Fury" after all red is in the First Order flag ;)