Boot stripe widths and positions

ramza301

Maybe this has already been asked and answered but I've had no luck finding it on here. How far back from the tip of the boot should I start the first stripe? What is the best way to tape these up? I've been trying to use the blue tape but have had a really tough time with the curve.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Took me a few minutes to figure out what stripes you were talking about but I’m on the right page now. I’m in no means an expert on the commander or anything for that point but I looked at the CRL and it looks like the top stripe goes across the the area of the foot where the leg curves into the foot around where the heel starts on the bottom. For the front stripe I’d just come off and inch or two maybe. Honestly it’s not stated in the CRL so I’m assuming nobody knows exact measurements but one would use a best guesstimate.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_commander

IMG_6333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Blue tape don’t do curves. What I did I found workable is to cut the tapes into strips of 5mm - 10mm wide, then they are easier to conform to the shape of the boot. Then use some more tape to cover the exposed area leaving the area to be paint clear.

For the position and the size, I just eyeballed it using masking tape to do a mock up and take pictures to check against the CRL and game grab screens, before I really go on to the painting process.

Edited by giskard8
  • Like 1

I found in the gallery some photo's had measurements for size of stripe. Each foot is different so no real from the toe measurement could be given. I just made it look like the picture. 

I used bullfrog tape instead of blue tape. It stops bleeding more then blue. Plus it is friendlier to curves.

Good Luck Commander!:duim:

• Like 2