ANH Stunt build getting close to done Need Feedback

Hey all

Over the past few months ive been slowly chipping away at my build. I feel like im at about 90% done. I feel like once I post the pics Ill get some great feedback to get me to 100%. In this picture The only thing I have wrong is the calves are not hooked in the back. Thats why they look so wide. The velcro is on order. Please let me know if you need more pictures and what not and what I can do to make sure I get approved. Also I have a slight interest in paying more money to make things more accurate if need be. This is a anovos.com kit I purchased. but I cut and built everything.

Thanks so much for eveyones help.

Jared

56349214_10218603691313043_6623950261859647488_n.jpg

Hey Jared, looks good. Only glaring thing I see is your shoulder bells are too far out. They need to be closer to your body/shoulder bridges. Other then that it’s hard to tell but maybe realign the arms. Your thighs and calves look very close, can you walk in that thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Jared - Yeah, lots more pictures would be great.  Take a look at the list for Expert Infantry even and post those.  That will give us a good idea of where you are.

At a quick glance I'd say you're off to a good start!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank75139 said:

Hey Jared, looks good. Only glaring thing I see is your shoulder bells are too far out. They need to be closer to your body/shoulder bridges. Other then that it’s hard to tell but maybe realign the arms. Your thighs and calves look very close, can you walk in that thing?

Bells- I agree lol Only issue I have with is I used to work out a lot and my shoulder muscles are still rather big even though i don't work out anymore lolz. What do you recommend I do to shape them differently to fit better. heat them up? that makes me nervous. the inside of the bells are just to tight. 

Thighs- and calves are VERY close together and NO i cannot walk very well. I kept everything the size it came out of the box. can I just use a dremmel to shave down some? on top or near the knee? 

Thanks again!

56349214_10218603691313043_6623950261859647488_n.jpg

Nice work, as suggested some more photos would help, just a couple of things I can see right away, shoulder bells are too far away from your shoulder straps, thighs could come up a bit, your right shin looks very wide at the base. Cover strips look very narrow and can see a lot of the ridges on the thighs and shins but again better photos would help. Also looks like your forearms have the same issue with the narrow cover strips. AB and belt are on an angle, may be the way you suited up, could be a strapping issue.

Throw up some more photos for us and we can give you a better idea of how you are looking ;) 

• Like 1

Bells- I agree lol Only issue I have with is I used to work out a lot and my shoulder muscles are still rather big even though i don't work out anymore lolz. What do you recommend I do to shape them differently to fit better. heat them up? that makes me nervous. the inside of the bells are just to tight. 
Thighs- and calves are VERY close together and NO i cannot walk very well. I kept everything the size it came out of the box. can I just use a dremmel to shave down some? on top or near the knee? 
Thanks again!

I hate that problem...I to have larger legs and arms from working out and obviously stormtroopers weren’t built lol. I’d assume yes you could heat them carefully with a heat gun, but I’d recommend seeing if some of the other guys have better suggestions. Because that could be risky.

Thanks again!

My opinion is move the bells closer to the shoulder bridges and see how that works (marked in red)
You can also shave down the tops of the thighs (blue) to raise them up and give you a bit more knee room to walk, just stay with the natural contour. I wouldn’t go too crazy just yet because you still have to velcro the calves which might help a bit.
You’ll notice the stock CRL photo has some black around the knee (green), I know some purist say go for minimal black showing everywhere but I’m a firm believer if your not comfortable your not gonna want to wear this for hours on end and you will be walking a lot. You can also see on the back of the CRL pic the calf and bottom rear thigh are cut slightly curved to help bend the knee. So my opinion would be when you get the velcro do another test fit and if it’s still not better then I’d personally adjust the length a bit.
IMG_6324.jpgIMG_6327.jpgIMG_6328.jpg

• Like 1

Regarding your legs issue, You can do some trimming on the back of them, be wise as usual and especially check twice before cutting. I actually marked them up then asked guys here if my marks were okay for my FOTK, but here's some images to help. Double check with the other ANH troopers on what is okay beforehand. As @gmrhodes13 noted you could probably bring the thighs up some, which would give some space, and then some slight adjustment cuts might help as well.

3 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

I know some purist say go for minimal black showing everywhere but I’m a firm believer if your not comfortable your not gonna want to wear this for hours on end and you will be walking a lot.

Say what now?:happyandcheerfulbirthday:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

I knew the video was floating around somewhere. Every time I see it I hope it’s an extended version which includes a slam dunk during a 5 on 5 TK pick up game.

:laugh1: I´m a little short to dunk - wanna help out:dancing-trooper:

Sooo I though I did some changes but.. now that I see that pictures i dont think its any better looking.. but I can walk better. I shortened the calves and thighs. I still feel as if I have the same above issues you all mentioned. I heated up the shoulders bells and they now fit my arms but only issue is now they are flat against my arms and are still way out.. I can change how big my arms are so im stuck.. I may try to bring the top closer to the straps and instead of stretchy strap use a non stretchy strap.Think that might help?also the strap that around my arm on the shoulder bell might need tightening maybe? Also after the pic I tightened the thigh to cod piece strap to and brought them further up

56828106_396909177798173_8881508806350077952_n (1).jpg

Hey all again. Did some mods aaaand I feel like the shoulders are good now and I pulled up the thighs Im also adding a rear pic for your consideration. 

Let me know Thanks again! 

I realize th back plate is crooked I tightend one strap to much when dressing. and I think my bicepts need to go up.. beside that what else?

41119 front.jpg

41119back.jpg

Looking good. Just make sure when you take your approval pics for the legion all your lines are straight. Everything has to be perfect. It’s hard to tell in the pic so they very well could be, it’s just a for warning.

Look like you’re making really good progress, Jared :-)

Just a couple of things, if I may. It looks like you have a Stunt helmet but a hero belt. Hero belts have 4 holster fixings, whereas Stunt has 2 fixings.

c733671f502d4cc4185e1035136250f5.jpg

If this is the case, removing two of the fixing and filling the holes could be advisable. I’ve seen a few belts with filled holes before so it’s possibly.

Also, do you have any closer photos of your left forearm? It looks like it might be a little misaligned. If you’ve used E-6000, this should be a relatively easy fix.

3dd8c5fca24561f78a7ecbff3bf4acd0.jpg

As above, it looks like you might be able to move the inner section down a little to line up the elbow and wrist ends. :-)

Best wishes
Dan

OH WOW I didnt know that. ok cool ill fix the belt. Any ideas what to fill belt holes with? also Yes i see that miss alignment and ill fix that today. great info 

Thanks again