kekike2002 Requesting Pre Approval Review (WTF)

Pam Nichols

Garrison Tyranus

Walt's Trooper Factory

Cloth Belt - Imperial Issue (Rob Kittell)

Neck Seal - Geeky Pinks

Boots - Imperial Boots

Blaster - HFX

Height - 5'-2"

Weight - 117 lbs

TK Type - ANH Stunt

I would like to thank @shashachu and @Cricket.  Without their builds, I would not have gotten this far.  Also their direct inputs.  

Nice work overall, just a couple of things which may not hold you up with basic but would make you stand out.

Tube stripes ideally should be a pencil width on the side of the cheek, also the curve/fall of the tube stripes are greater at the top at the front ie back ///// front.

LFL_Storm_Stunt02.jpg

Your belt boxes should sit at the end of the plastic belt section, you could add a dab of E6000 to the straps to hold them there.

You have taken quite a lot out of the back of the thighs and shins, they look a little round, but this could be due to the smaller size of the thighs, here is a screen reference:

5FlYwFQ.jpg

You have trimmed a little much of the large ab plate but should be ok, could take a little more off the smaller ab plate though

KMY5cze.jpg

I'm sure you'll be ok for basic so good luck and hope to see you approved soon. 

• Like 1

Nice work overall, just a couple of things which may not hold you up with basic but would make you stand out.

Tube stripes ideally should be a pencil width on the side of the cheek, also the curve/fall of the tube stripes are greater at the top at the front ie back ///// front.

LFL_Storm_Stunt02.jpg&key=e77af0446d57746155667b0dbee4a84c059775fd2d12edfd5ae7af75a08ccfca

Your belt boxes should sit at the end of the plastic belt section, you could add a dab of E6000 to the straps to hold them there.

You have taken quite a lot out of the back of the thighs and shins, they look a little round, but this could be due to the smaller size of the thighs, here is a screen reference:

5FlYwFQ.jpg&key=ec6d6f6acacada57536beb96065b33bef1f83a7de5487368bc33576d4c77ac7e

You have trimmed a little much of the large ab plate but should be ok, could take a little more off the smaller ab plate though
KMY5cze.jpg&key=4935addaf84388428e46adcc8bbe03e65631b5734d4098bbd1644844bd5e155f

I'm sure you'll be ok for basic so good luck and hope to see you approved soon. 

Thank you so much. I definitely want to do this right. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good!  The only thing I noticed was already touched on, that the belt boxes hang at the end of the belt, rather than the end of the angle cut.  

• Like 1

Nice job on your kit, just one thing with the brow trim, the ends could be cut to align at an angle with the traps like in the photos of the screen used helmet, also just watch your sniper knee as it appears very close to the thigh and could get caught under it if the thigh drops. 

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 1

Nice job on your kit, just one thing with the brow trim, the ends could be cut to align at an angle with the traps like in the photos of the screen used helmet, also just watch your sniper knee as it appears very close to the thigh and could get caught under it if the thigh drops. 
Thank you, I will definately try to fix it. I really want to do this right!

What most people do is find a screen used helmet and model theirs off that, the photos that Q posted are a good reference, then you have a reference point. 

• Like 1

This is a picture from a screen used belt. You can see how the elastic strap was cut and glued to the belt for perfect alignment :)

gallery_12157_78_2341622.jpg

image.png

• Like 1

What most people do is find a screen used helmet and model theirs off that, the photos that Q posted are a good reference, then you have a reference point. 
So much to learn. I thought this journey would be easy. A year later and I'm still not finished. It will be worth it though. Cant wait!

This is a picture from a screen used belt. You can see how the elastic strap was cut and glued to the belt for perfect alignment

gallery_12157_78_2341622.jpg

image.png.2c03ff0299255010f822f7a0a320d21e.png
Working on that today, lol. I havent a clue what I was looking at when I connected them.

• Like 1

Don’t butcher the elastic push the over as much as possible and then just add a dab of E6000 behind the elastic and clamp it in place to align the boxes up with the end of the belt. 

• Like 1

Don’t butcher the elastic push the over as much as possible and then just add a dab of E6000 behind the elastic and clamp it in place to align the boxes up with the end of the belt. 
I'm hoping I can do that. I really didnt want to take the rivit out.

2 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

1 hour ago, kekike2002 said:

Thank you, I will definately try to fix it. I really want to do this right!

If you want screen accuracy then you don´t cut the brow trim at an angle, screen useed helmets had them cut more straight. Same helmet from a sligtly different angle and you can see it´s not cut after the trap. 

1chPgXe.jpg

Some other examples:

LQCV01t.png7XAHISE.jpgVvl5z0y.pngyRE0K4L.jpg

• Like 1

If you want screen accuracy then you don´t cut the brow trim at an angle, screen useed helmets had them cut more straight. Same helmet from a sligtly different angle and you can see it´s not cut after the trap. 
1chPgXe.jpg&key=2e9e37e35329456da9c4f588bc61aa12d9a4fc71089ac5b57aadb87362359cc4

Some other examples:
LQCV01t.png&key=85c813c960684b1c494efed2e14dff82953916546a351d18ccc82facab093a877XAHISE.jpg&key=5add5b12bae8df427ebda5f67f870e02b08dfbb25506bb0787d1fd0659ea356fVvl5z0y.png&key=3a1bed6db97e926c3fe7b79748a19384d328531b13b5f6abf62dc938f1177b90yRE0K4L.jpg&key=93e1e2924e116d39ef71afea6c076d1f0a98505849fffc5063da3083ea34ce45
Maybe one of the million things I don't need to fix, lol

2 minutes ago, kekike2002 said:

Maybe one of the million things I don't need to fix, lol

For basic you might not need to fix anything. It´s up to your GML and the one thing that might be a requested fix are the tube stripes as they are quite far down the cheeks as mentioned, they are also on the opposite sides but again, that´s up to your GML. The other things mentioned like drop boxes and ab buttons are just suggestions to make you look even better and to prepare for the higher levels EIB and Centurion. I say send in your application and see what happens - good luck:salute:

• Like 1

For basic you might not need to fix anything. It´s up to your GML and the one thing that might be a requested fix are the tube stripes as they are quite far down the cheeks as mentioned, they are also on the opposite sides but again, that´s up to your GML. The other things mentioned like drop boxes and ab buttons are just suggestions to make you look even better and to prepare for the higher levels EIB and Centurion. I say send in your application and see what happens - good luck:salute:
Removing the paint scared me, but found out how to do it. Hopefully getting that done this weekend. I did wear it to a local Con this past weekend. I must say that it was so much fun. Everyone was so nice, the 501st group that was there. I am anxious to be approved but also want it done right with the best of my abilities...which is limited, lol. I appreciate everyone's input very much. Thank you!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

As already mentioned in this thread a lot of the helmets had the trim cut straight on the end as you can see in these references so either is acceptable

ANHstunt_2005.jpg

yRE0K4L.jpg&key=93e1e2924e116d39ef71afea6c076d1f0a98505849fffc5063da3083ea34ce45

• Like 1

As Q said either for the brow trim is acceptable, I based my one off the second helmets in on the last photo as I didn’t like the straight edge ones, with the tube strips I was told to use a HB pencil width for the gap from the tube ridge to the top of the stripe, either way as I said pick a screen helmet from the photo library and go with that you can’t go wrong. 

• Like 1