TK-16769 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (910)

Name : Riva Li

501st TK ID : 16769

FISD forum name: Riva

Garrison: Chinese Garrison

• Armor = Anovos
  • Helmet= Anovos
  • Blaster= Doopydoos

Full Body

Front – Arms at side 

6dec9988gy1g1la4p0g7bj20u0190x6p.jpg

Back – Arms at side

6dec9988gy1g1la4t1k21j20u0190kjn.jpg

Left – Arm raised 

6dec9988gy1g1la4y0gmgj20u0190x6p.jpg

Right – Arm raised 

6dec9988gy1g1la51g3mpj20u0190u0x.jpg

Right Side Detail – Arm raised 

6dec9988gy1g1la5ocnirj20u01901ky.jpg

Left Side Detail – Arm raised 

6dec9988gy1g1la55g6fkj20u0190x6p.jpg

Armor Details

Abdomen Details

(I'm worrying about whether cutting the crotch separately will give me trouble of applying lv 2 and 3. My intention is to give myself convenience for certain circumstance, you know)

6dec9988gy1g1la73zc2sj20u01907ht.jpg

Action Shot

6dec9988gy1g1la70z9zwj20u01904qq.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1la6vkad5j20u01907wi.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

6dec9988gy1g1la76zsjsj20u019017i.jpg

Interior Strapping

6dec9988gy1g1la7az74gj21900u0kff.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Riva
Finalized

Helmet Details

Front

6dec9988gy1g1l8hs8exsj22bc1jkh1p.jpg

Side

6dec9988gy1g1l8i81slej22bc1jkwwp.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1l8i0u3duj22bc1jk7nd.jpg

Back

6dec9988gy1g1l8i4cpn9j22bc1jk4gt.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

6dec9988gy1g1l8hx38zrj22bc1jkwu6.jpg

Lens Color

6dec9988gy1g1l8j7b2qcj22bc1jkdyh.jpg

Blaster Details

Blaster – Left

6dec9988gy1g1l8yw50gxj21900u04qp.jpg

Blaster – Right

6dec9988gy1g1l8yzgonzj21900u04n6.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal

6dec9988gy1g1la8b1shbj21900u0qkv.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1la8etrh9j21900u07l0.jpg

Thermal Detonator – Back

6dec9988gy1g1la9nvmvxj21900u07my.jpg

Holster Attachment

6dec9988gy1g1la9sv5jwj21900u0e22.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1laadz60tj20u01904p9.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1laaradtej21900u04ki.jpg

Edited by Riva
Upload more pic

45 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Sorry to interrupt your application, Riva, but are you sure you are applying for Hero EI status?  The reason I ask is because this is a Stunt helmet, and would not be acceptable at level 2 Hero for the following reasons as stated in the CRL: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

1.     For Basic Hero approval,  Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. Six total teeth on the frown are cut out and the frown is tapered at the ends

You have 8 teeth cut outs, (2 too many) and the ends are not tapered.

Yours                                                                                                         Reference images

bYVFqrE.jpg  D8AdnPB.jpg?1   rCOSxxO.jpg?1

2.  Lenses are green bubble or smoke bubble only.

Yours are the flat type.

Yours                                                                        Reference image

pFEWQZg.jpg?1    6d343lw.jpg?1

3.  Ear bars have three bumps only, not four

You presently have 4.

Yours                                       Reference image

dqGXjUz.jpg     HUAWuox.jpg?1

4.  Ears shall have two screws per side, one above the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.

It appears that you have a screw right below the ear.

Yours                                     Reference image

c9Db4RE.jpg   zo9bbjH.jpg?1

You did a really nice job on this build, and should probably aim for ANH-Stunt instead of Hero.  However, it is possible to make an Anovos helmet into a Hero helmet.  My own Hero armor/bucket are Anovos, and although it took a LOT of work (and ABS paste) I transformed the bucket (seen below).  If you decide to go that route, PM me and I would be more than happy to give you some help!

CZuBkOX.jpg?1   eLOMX1m.jpg?1

Ah yea, thank you for reminding, that's a silly mistake when I copy the title from someone else. I'm still uploading the picture so I missed the check. Anyway, I'm applying stun, not hero. Thanks again!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-16769 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) (uploading)
6 minutes ago, Riva said:

Ah yea, thank you for reminding, that's a silly mistake when I copy the title from someone else. I'm still uploading the picture so I missed the check. Anyway, I'm applying stun, not hero. Thanks again!

No problem!  I corrected the title of your thread to reflect Stunt, and I will remove the post I made.  By the way, REALLY nice job on the ear alignment!  I know that can often be an issue with Anovos buckets, did you change it?

rXJWin4.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

No problem!  I corrected the title of your thread to reflect Stunt, and I will remove the post I made.  By the way, REALLY nice job on the ear alignment!  I know that can often be an issue with Anovos buckets, did you change it?

rXJWin4.jpg?1

Thanks mate, I did, and almost screwed one of the holes(the upper one), luckily it didn't break.:peace:

• Like 1

Great start!

I'd say your belt is sitting a bit low - It should cover the bottom of the ab buttons.  Also - the cloth looks to be a really light weave (comments from the experts?)

Mic tips could use some weathering and it's hard to tell if they are white on the inside or not.

You're also missing a few photos, such as the sniper knee (all 3 sides) as well as the thigh ammo pack attachment.

Nice work, you'll have to swap out those TD screws they need to be "pan heads" they have a curved edge not square like you have.

V8vMBhF.pngUdwVsXn.jpg

You could also add a little white to the rim of the hovi tips

DaveMANH02.jpg

You will also need to add a few more photos which I know the DO team like to see.

Close up front and sides of your sniper plate

Close up outside and inside of thigh ammo strip rivets.

D ring on blaster

Lower ear screws

Good luck with approval.

Thanks for all above comment, I'll supplement some photo next week.

For the hovi tip, no I didn't paint the white inside, if have to, I guess I need to take it apart again first, it's currently glued.

And the TD screw, this is the closest one I can find in China, the edge has a very slightly rounded, it's not sharp, but not as rounded as the movie prop. This kind of supplies are quite different from country to country, isn't it?  If necessary, I think I can sand the edge a little and repaint it back to black.

23 minutes ago, Riva said:

Thanks for all above comment, I'll supplement some photo next week.

For the hovi tip, no I didn't paint the white inside, if have to, I guess I need to take it apart again first, it's currently glued.

And the TD screw, this is the closest one I can find in China, the edge has a very slightly rounded, it's not sharp, but not as rounded as the movie prop. This kind of supplies are quite different from country to country, isn't it?  If necessary, I think I can sand the edge a little and repaint it back to black.

PM me your address I can have some pan head TD screws send to you in a few days, no sweat.

1 hour ago, giskard8 said:

PM me your address I can have some pan head TD screws send to you in a few days, no sweat.

Wow, you're a savior! Thanks

Hi Riva and thank you for your EIB application - we always like to see Troopers go the extra mile:duim:

As mentioned we need a few additional photos before we can proceed:

# Sniper knee -front/left/right.

# Thigh ammo pack fixings- inside/outside.

# Blaster D-ring.

As for the cut you did on the ab/cod it´s fine for EIB/Centurion and the TD screws you have are good to go:salute:

6 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hi Riva and thank you for your EIB application - we always like to see Troopers go the extra mile:duim:

As mentioned we need a few additional photos before we can proceed:

# Sniper knee -front/left/right.

# Thigh ammo pack fixings- inside/outside.

# Blaster D-ring.

As for the cut you did on the ab/cod it´s fine for EIB/Centurion and the TD screws you have are good to go:salute:

So glad to hear it!

I'll supplement some photo early next week, Sunday the soonest.

Here're the supplements, hopes they qualified.

Thigh Ammo Pack Connection:

6dec9988gy1g1ujiofcycj20u01904gz.jpg

Sniper Knee Pad:

6dec9988gy1g1ujisn93vj20u01907mc.jpg6dec9988gy1g1ujj0qwkqj20u01901dd.jpg6dec9988gy1g1ujiww8a8j20u0190nj9.jpg

Blaster D-Ring

6dec9988gy1g1uji1z5tqj21900u0h7n.jpg

6dec9988gy1g1uji5cxa4j21900u0ay0.jpg

Hey Riva

On 4/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, Riva said:

hopes they qualified.

We need you to remount/repair or replace the D-ring as it has a visible split.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, Riva said:

Thigh Ammo Pack Connection:

And we need to see both connections inside/out.

Just some small bits and then we can get started:duim:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16769 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (pending fixes/photos)
2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Riva

We need you to remount/repair or replace the D-ring as it has a visible split.

And we need to see both connections inside/out.

Just some small bits and then we can get started:duim:

Hi, for the E11 D ring, I was doing that on purpose. Doesn’t that suppose to have a split on the real Sterling?

xb1008__3_1.jpg?v=1505261893

il_fullxfull.987883812_mj0d.jpg

il_fullxfull.987883768_loz7.jpg

Sterling%20Parts.jpg

Edited by Riva
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Riva said:

Doesn’t that suppose to have a split on the real Sterling?

The real one might although I have only seen them with no split, I guess there´s different versions. That don´t matter much though as the E-11s used in the movie did not have the split and that´s what we look for. With that said there´s not a whole lot of reference showing the D-ring so maybe there were blasters having a split like that. I also want to make a note that when looking for reference one should always look at the Movie and what´s used there and not the real life items. To conclude, as there´s no definitive right or wrong here we will not request the change but leave it as a suggestion for higher screen accuracy as the existing reference indicate a no-split D ring.

FISD blaster D-ring reference

anQuR1M.png

Also, thanks for the extra photos - let´s get this show on the road:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16769 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (In review)
5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

The real one might although I have only seen them with no split, I guess there´s different versions. That don´t matter much though as the E-11s used in the movie did not have the split and that´s what we look for. With that said there´s not a whole lot of reference showing the D-ring so maybe there were blasters having a split like that. I also want to make a note that when looking for reference one should always look at the Movie and what´s used there and not the real life items. To conclude, as there´s no definitive right or wrong here we will not request the change but leave it as a suggestion for higher screen accuracy as the existing reference indicate a no-split D ring.

anQuR1M.png

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to avoid the uncertainty next time:duim:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 3:30 AM, TheSwede said:

anQuR1M.png

On 4/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, Riva said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to avoid the uncertainty next time:duim:

Hi officer, hope you enjoyed the time in the SWC, May I know how long it usually take to complete the review?

Hi again Riva and thank you for your EIB application!

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requirements set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. 

As we navigate through this review we are going to start with the helmet and work our way down.

We start off small by suggesting a little nudge to the middle of the brow trim to level it out.

G9FxLpQ.png

You did really great in making your Anovos helmet mimic the screen used ones and although you did replace the mesh we suggest that you change it out one more time, the originals had a square/rectangular shape whereas yours are more of a diamond shape. We also suggest painting the insides and the rims of the mic tips white for that uber ANH look.

498MTMd.png

Looking at the arms the cover strips idealy lines up bicep to forearm so here we suggest some readjustment to get them in check. 

BEqHlBw.png

Looking at the holster, and even though there are examples of black straps, the majority of the holsters had more of a tan color so we just included this for your consideration.

vaI35ih.png

Here the posterior plate appears to be riding up over the kidney so you might want look into the strapping and tighten it up.

9m5idzX.png

Looking at the thighs we suggest you even out the amount of black showing by lowering the left thigh and also rotate the right sligtly inwards.

rNfmOqf.png

eZ4ikPE.png

You have a great looking blaster and we just have a two things to mention. First, the grip were plastic so it shouldn´t have any weathering, could be a reflection though. Second is the scope and perhaps a bit too much brass showing when compared to screen used ones.

tXpCt3I.png

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application.

Here we go!

The CRL states there should be minimal gap between the shoulder armor and chest/back plate. Looking at your gaps we want you to get them as close to that blue line as possible. Suggested ways to achieve this would be shorten the strapping and/or to trim more of the lower return egde of the bells. Looking at your posture, keeping your shoulders and arms in a more neutral position will also help in closing the gap.

dYJUbtr.png

Dropping down to the belt, as per CRL is should sit at or just below both of the button panels so we need you to raise it roughly to were the blue line is.

oATuzET.png

Continuing on with the cloth portion of the belt, as seen in these pics it´s a bit soft and therefore crease so you will need to replace it for Centurion.

3rYGJRU.png

We are sure you`re aware that flexible handguards without visible strapping is a must for Centurion so we mention this as a "just in case".

SaU31GD.png

Moving on to the back plate we see some cut-outs that we feel should be hidden more and although not mentioned in the text but as seen in the reference images the back and kidney should be somewhat in line. We see you have straps connecting the back to the chest and that pulls the back closer to your body and actually highlights those cuts and especially from the from the sides it´s not looking right. Those straps are most likely causing the issue so we suggest removing them and also look into shorten the straps between the back and kidney. We also suggest you fill in those cuts for a cleaner look but sorting out the strapping might be enough to hide them.

smlC1Qr.png

lEMMcoj.png

We understand wanting to protect ones property but we need you to remove this writing for Centurion,  you can always add that back after your approval seeing as the way you troop is up to the Trooper.

Jt3Psr4.png

The last thing on your road to Centurion is to reduce the size of the thighs. We want you to look your best and a requirement for all 501st costumes is that they are proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size. 

HaGfQ1X.png

There we have it! Again congratulations on beeing an Expert Infantry Man and we hope to see you back for a Centurion submission:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16769 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (910)