KB FOTK Thighs

PanzerKraken

So these are a pain, it's just lot of plastic with no real guidance of how they go together and no lines on one side at all so trying to figure out how to get the cuts right now these.

About the assembly, overlap is allowed on the inside for connecting them, the outer seam can be a glued shut overlap or must the two parts of the thigh meet flush on the outside?  From some pics the thighs almost look just like overlapped plastic as well.    Reason also being that I was told that overlap seams was ok for approval as long as glued closed and tight.

These are a pain and just want to get them glued together but that curved seam is a nightmare.

overlap.PNG

Edited by PanzerKraken

45 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I built a KB and incorporated the curve, feel free to check it:salute:

Yes been going through it, great resource thx!

So below is what I was talking about, so you did do an overlap to join the two parts of the thighs, you then sanded it to make it look more like a return edge?  I've seen folks cut both sides to try and join them flush for the seam which seems like a nightmare on this kit and cause of the curve, so was hoping to do something similar to what you have done!

overlap2.PNG

1 hour ago, PanzerKraken said:

so you did do an overlap to join the two parts of the thighs, you then sanded it to make it look more like a return edge? 

I did the overlap and sanded it down to make it blend in more, if you mean the tops then yes I sanded it to make the appearence of a return edge.

CRL says there is to be seams on the inside/outside and for Centurion the inner seam should be overlapped, they can also be fixed or functional:salute: