Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (COMPLETE)

Lord_Potato

Nice work looks much better, just watch the overlap of the kidney and backplate, also your shoulder straps on the rear are sticking up a little mainly the right one, I'd say your backplate may have slipped down.

c8ec73bc8439b51c4d6d5fe72355433b.jpg

Normally we are a little more picky than what your GML should be so don't stress ;) 

It's really hard to get perfect photos when you can't take them yourself ;) 

On 2/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work looks much better, just watch the overlap of the kidney and backplate, also your shoulder straps on the rear are sticking up a little mainly the right one, I'd say your backplate may have slipped down.

c8ec73bc8439b51c4d6d5fe72355433b.jpg

Normally we are a little more picky than what your GML should be so don't stress ;) 

It's really hard to get perfect photos when you can't take them yourself ;) 

Much appreciated :) I think I was able to adjust my back strapping system better. 

• Like 1

• Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (Pending Pre Approval)
  • Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (Submitted For Basic)
  • Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (prepping for EIB)
On 2/24/2021 at 11:55 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Good luck trooper, hopefully you won't be waiting to long 

Thank you! And I think I have stormtrooper status now.  

Not sure how I can verify if I have 501st stormtrooper status. 

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

Well, I would like to see how far this kit can take me. Getting ready for EIB. I just need to touch up my RS blaster, it's been dinged up a bit while trooping with it for the past couple of years. Just need to paint the grip gloss black and other parts with flat black and then I can submit. All of you who have guided me are awesome. 

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

• Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (submitted for EIB)
  • Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (EIB approved/prepping for centurion)
On 2/1/2021 at 11:06 AM, Lord_Potato said:

Thanks! Yes, nearing the end....finally. 

I am very happy my armor was approved for EIB. Mainly due to the massive help from those of you who have followed me. This weekend I will make the recommended adjustments to have a chance at centurion. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on your EI approval and looking forward to seeing you at Centurion Jonathan.

• Like 1

I wish I could delete posts as I guess I had a connection issue and my same post was posted several times.....

Anyways!

I have a few things to do to prep for centurion. First thing is my blaster. Repainted the grip. I think it looks better:

u0NS9KQ.jpg

f81RssJ.jpg

Hengslter counter was noted in being in the incorrect position . This is how it came from RS and it looks to be fused to the gun. I am going to try and remove it and reposition it. Just need to go to the hardware store and try and find the best tool. 

Next issue: My right shoulder tab is not resting nicely on my back tab

oCGfkKY.jpg

So I had both shoulder straps shaped to the exact same curvature so I was curious as to why it didnt look right on one side. It looks like it is a combination of the armor not being perfectly symmetrical and the biggest factor....my shoulders are not even! one shoulder is higher than the other. I was aware of this but did not know it was enough to affect my shoulder straps. As you can see the curvature for the right side had to be made more drastic than the other side:

Left side:

lfLVy1i.jpg

Right side:

mZofWQc.jpg

Though I thought this looks funky......the end result seems to make the straps sit evenly. This is also without the aid of the white elastic straps:   *(elastic straps are resting underneath the plastic straps)

Yqt4vuD.jpg

Next task I am working on is my shoulder bells hovering on top of my shoulders:

gWEZPWc.jpg

I really dont know why this is happening......I spent a great amount of time making sure the armor was sized to me pretty well. I think I am going to tighten the strapping system on my chest plate to bring it down a little. I will see if that works first. Any ideas would be appreciated.

WBlM1c7.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

I wish I could delete posts as I guess I had a connection issue and my same post was posted several times.....

Deleted ;)

Nice work on the fixes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next problem fixed: Gap at the rear bottom of my thighs....

before:

C0oMFUf.jpg

After:

JjVveoy.jpg

5OkX8Zf.jpg

So I have been working on the hardest issue (other than the blaster). My shoulder bells and straps float a little above my shoulders. Been experimenting with lowering the snap attachments, the snaps on the bells themselves ect....

K651GjN.jpg

VWM64m3.jpg

tFZ9gw7.jpg

7En2hnh.jpg

It looks like lowing the snaps on the chest and back plate might do the trick......but that creates more tension and raises my chest plate. So my next step is to replace the straps thar hold my chest to my ab plate with 2 inch straps vs the 1 inch straps I have. Wish I had more free time......these arent a lot of fixes but this hovering shoulder bell has got me scratching my head. 

Edited by Lord_Potato

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the counter and installed it to a more screen accurate position:

rZ5HGpa.jpg

I thought I was good for Centurion submission after all my fixes but realized my shoulder bells are still hovering. Its better, but its still off. 

HYmDYj9.jpg

After screaming into a pillow I reassessed what the issue could be......

I think I found it:

gu7XSJW.jpg

so the tighter strapping for me chest and back plate lifted my chest and backplate a little higher than I wanted.....but I think it helped point out the problem:

gu7XSJW.jpg

Back plate is a little high and curving well into my shoulders and i think its lifting the elastic straps causing the attached bells to be hovering...

8mXjKH0.jpg

HvE2ra3.jpg

xW2cBGP.jpg

I had an idea......I decided to temporarily steal my RS backplate and see if the shape will improve the fit......

(RS is on the left)

xA8q8c4.jpg

KVseOPG.jpg

GF1tdLG.jpg

looks better....

wvpUvwH.jpg

OiNBTU7.jpg

Solution: I intend to trace the top part of the RS back plate on my WTF backplate and then trim it so it will be a similar shape to the RS. I would really like some feedback on this route. I am already EIB approved and I am a little worried doing something like this. But i am 99 percent certain my backplate is causing my armor to not sit perfectly. 

Edited by Lord_Potato

I put the RS plate against the WTF plate and traced the top portion. Here is the pencil mark where I intend to cut. I honestly think adjusting the size my backplate will result in a better fit and fix my shoulder bells strapping issue. I am hesitant to cut into this completed build. 

pblISvO.jpg

I had to trim a lot into that upper neck area and shoulders on my RS backplate.  I also had to heat-curve things on my RS backplate to fit better as well.  If trimming makes things fit better, then go for it (just trim conservatively as you go)!  ;) 

• Like 1

• Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (Submitted for Centurion)
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's all over now. Took me a long time but I got approved all the way to centurion. To all of you who have commented and guided me......you are all amazing. Besides entering a pandemic and having my first kid, a lot of my progress was stopped by my own fears of messing up. Sometimes I would start on a piece and realized I need to do a lot of reshaping/adjusting and I'll freak myself out and then just randomly move to another piece. Hence why my build is so random. I think The WTF kit is wonderful kit for those of a smaller size. 

• Like 4

• Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (COMPLETE)

Congratulations once again trooper, the journey is now complete, now pass on to others what you have learned "this is the way"

• Like 1