ANH build thread

Jdg

So fineally BBB arrived on Tuesday after a 4 month wait was worth it though Walt’s kits look great , opened the box and I felt anxiety kick in when I saw all those white plastic pieces in the box. I decided I would start with the helmet so through the week I have painted the inside of the helmet and last night worked on the eyes and the teeth on the frown .in the 4 month wait I had ordered a e-11 and am just do the finishing touches on putting together after a lot of sanding and glueing looks pretty good can’t wait to do some weathering on it . If you are in Australia as I am and you are looking for a e-11 and worried about trying to get them through customs , I got mine from TDK Props .Tom does exceptional work I will add some photos to this thread of the e-11 and my kit progress

• 3 weeks later...

Could you post some side photos of the helmet, appears the sides may be too far forward which reduces the size of the opening for your head.

Did some trimmiing of the thighs and shins was just wondering how much of a return edge or lip you leave on these parts also spent some time to finish the.   DLT-19 I was working on before my kit arrived .know I have no excuses to put off the kit building

4AB2CBE6-E087-42B0-B727-9E34493FB562.jpeg

The return edge is solely to give the armor the illusion of thickness which is not a requirement at any level of approval. Except in certain areas return edge thickness is completely up to you, though most people remove it or a majority of it for mobility reasons.