Upsizing armor. Help?

Last night I came into possession of a set of sand trooper armor from someone inside my garrison. The trooper was smaller than I which needs me to make the arms and legs a bit larger. Also need to cover a bit of a gap on the sides.

Has anyone had experience upsizing armor and could offer some advice? 

Thanks much, 

Dublin

If I had to guess I'd say 25% if not more of the armor threads you look at here will have some type of armor sizing modification. I will tell you this, if the entire set of armor needs to be altered, and it sound like a good majority of does, you're talking about a lot of work. Maybe even more than building a whole new set 

Depending on how it was assembled if it was put together with E6000 glue then the dismantling task isn't so, bad still the assembly is still going to be a chore depending on the amount of modifications needed. If CA (or superglue) was used you run the risk of seriously damaging it upon disassembly.

I don't mean to the Debbie Downer here however, coming from someone that's been down this path on more than one occasion, yea :blink:

IMHO I would sell it, take the money and buy a new kit and build it to your body type. Perfect the first time. :duim:

Not sure this is what you wanted to here but I hope it helps.  

First off, how much bigger? I have to agree this could be a nightmare especially with trying to match colors. Depending on the age the plastic will be a different color. Not to mention if something cracks your pretty much done. Not knowing age of the armor, and maker I’d hesitate to do it. Try and sell and put it towards something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1