ATA Stunt Helmet Build

LightBox

A long time ago, I tried to make a stormtrooper helmet. Needless to say, I messed up big time on the tube stripes...

cGMqukem.jpgdXOxbw6m.jpg

I'm currently working on removing it, slowly with enamel paint thinner and q-tips. It's been taking a long time...

Edited by Light Ultra
Spelling Mistake

Just remember that the stencils have a left and right. The tips on the inside (closest to eyes) should naturally fall forward (toward vocoder). Hope that makes sense. And no further than a pencil width away from cheek mould line. 

• Like 1

Nice work although they do appear angled from the cheek, here's some nice references showing the gap consistent along the cheek

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Thank you for the positive comments. Helps keep me going!

On 3/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work although they do appear angled from the cheek, here's some nice references showing the gap consistent along the cheek

I see now, that is a mistake of mine. Do you think that may affect approval?

Edited by Light Ultra

7 minutes ago, Light Ultra said:

Thank you for the positive comments. Helps keep me going!

I see now, that is a mistake of mine. Do you think that may affect approval?

Really depends how strict your GML (garrison membership liaison) is, wouldn't hurt to get in touch with him/her and check. Personally I would approved but it's not my call, I would say adjust them though if you are thinking of going EI or Centurion ;) 

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Really depends how strict your GML (garrison membership liaison) is, wouldn't hurt to get in touch with him/her and check. Personally I would approved but it's not my call, I would say adjust them though if you are thinking of going EI or Centurion ;) 

Alright, thank you. Do you know of anyway I could do that without having to redo the paint job? Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Light Ultra said:

Alright, thank you. Do you know of anyway I could do that without having to redo the paint job? Thanks again.

Unfortunately not, it would mean removal and reapplying the paint :shok: but as I say check with your GML first, all may be fine for basic