ANH TK stunt (AM) build a newb beginning.

Hello everyone,

After going back and forth between ANH and ESB and a lot of reading. I have decided on ANH stunt build. I would like to build to centurion. I finally had a chance to unpack the BBB.  The AM kit looks great and the build quality seems very sturdy. 

20190322_111556

I am still in the process of ordering and sourcing hardware and soft goods as well as an E-11. I think my only choice for boots is Imperial boots unless someone has another suggestion. I also need to get TD brackets and screws.  I can't seem to find the size I need for Chicago screws for the holster. Should I wait to make the canvas belt until I have the torso of the armor built for correct measurements or is it a standard size? I have read many posts on gloves are these ok for centurion approval  https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Gi-Type-Flight-Gloves/dp/B000IH8CDM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1M9RGCM3CSYBX&keywords=nomex+gloves+black&qid=1553309003&s=gateway&sprefix=nomex+gloves+bl&sr=8-2 or do they need to be rubber?  Some of the discussions I saw that troopers use nomex for breathability. I will start on the bucket first because it seems pretty straight forward. Because of my lack of experience with ABS.  I am going  to wait and see if there is an armor party locally in the near future, to get help with fitment and trimming of the armor so I know it's correct before I start cutting.

Edited by Dark brimstone
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dark brimstone said:

I believe for approval at higher levels they need to be rubber or rubber-like.  Home depot has black neoprene gloves that work well and are pretty cheap.  When you troop, you can switch them out if you want for something more breathable.  I just use the home hardware gloves with cotton liners underneath.  The liners keep the rubber from sticking to your hands.

grease-monkey-rubber-gloves-24101-012-64

I am trying to find a E-11 kit. I have looked in the forums it seems that doopy doos is the only kit available that is centurion buildable. I would like to add electronics to it. I have seen that resin cast like doopy doos are more fragile. The only other option I have seen for a blaster is praetorian and I believe it is solid rubber. Does anyone know of a well made kit I can get in the States? I did see the metal kit on Ebay, but it doesn't seem like it would be fun to troop with because of its weight.

39 minutes ago, Dark brimstone said:

I am trying to find a E-11 kit. I have looked in the forums it seems that doopy doos is the only kit available that is centurion buildable. I would like to add electronics to it. I have seen that resin cast like doopy doos are more fragile. The only other option I have seen for a blaster is praetorian and I believe it is solid rubber. Does anyone know of a well made kit I can get in the States? I did see the metal kit on Ebay, but it doesn't seem like it would be fun to troop with because of its weight.

I purchased a Doopy Doos pipe build kit and added electronics to that, lots of room inside for batteries. You will also find the pipe build kit is also a lot lighter than the complete resin kit.

You will have to order the hengstler counter separately though as it isn't included with the kit https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-detailing-part-hengstler-counter-box-1558-p.asp

Kit https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-pipe-blaster-base-detailing-kit-2068-p.asp

Can't help you with a US seller, although there have been some over the years I don't know of any current.

I am having trouble identifying the color of the canvas belt part of the belt. Does it need to be white or an off white color?  In some cases it looks bright white in others off white or cream colored. I am trying to build to centurion please let me know.

25 minutes ago, Dark brimstone said:

I am having trouble identifying the color of the canvas belt part of the belt. Does it need to be white or an off white color?  In some cases it looks bright white in others off white or cream colored. I am trying to build to centurion please let me know.

When in doubt always check the CRL:

The soft belt proper is made of canvas, or material with a canvas covering. Size must be 2.75” (70 mm) to 3.25”(83 mm) wide and not wider than the plastic portion of the belt. The color is be white to off-white.

• 2 weeks later...