delcid23456

Delcid's AM tk armor build

Nice progress Christian. Regarding the sniper knee, beside cutting the end now would also be a good time to taper the horizontal edge to follow the shin armor upper edge.

Here's a reference photo

4954ba58-dc5a-4d37-ad0f-51396a3921d3.jpg

I did not cut the back of the sniper plate. Maybe thin the front plate some first?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LTM said:

I did not cut the back of the sniper plate. Maybe thin the front plate some first?

Copy that, keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

And yes you can thin the front plate some also ;)

Edited by ukswrath

Here is mine, hope it helps. You will see the top line of the plate does not follow the shin top, just not possible in my case. Note that the plate was thinned, this was to help stop it catching on the thigh. Make sure you attach with removable glue, you might need to re-position a couple of time after trooping. 

0wEC5Eq.jpg

kDnRHQ3.jpg

• Like 2

hey troopers,

first of all, what did you guys think of the new star wars movie teaser, and also i just finished the right bicep and it fits very good i just need to make the cover strips shorter and i'm done, so heres some photos 

MKazbKx.jpg

ybgp45u.jpg

also for the main body im thinking about doing the suspenders with the body instead of making the body one whole piece like most armors but i'm also thinking about combining the pieces of armor together using e6000 glue instead of snaps, what do you guys think, is it a good idea or should i stick with using the snaps

thanks 

5 minutes ago, delcid23456 said:

hey troopers,

first of all, what did you guys think of the new star wars movie teaser, and also i just finished the right bicep and it fits very good i just need to make the cover strips shorter and i'm done, so heres some photos 

also for the main body im thinking about doing the suspenders with the body instead of making the body one whole piece like most armors but i'm also thinking about combining the pieces of armor together using e6000 glue instead of snaps, what do you guys think, is it a good idea or should i stick with using the snaps

thanks 

Me, I won't watch the trailers for a variety of reasons. Just a personal thing.

Biceps are looking good, nice work :duim:

Suspenders are common so great idea there. 

When you say glue pieces of armor together are you referring to the different plates, like joining the kidney and butt plate for example? If so I say no you definitely don't want to do that, first being you won't be able to get your armor 501st approved secondly you'll kill your mobility. Snaps and nylon webbing or elastic are very common. Hope this helps

37 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

When you say glue pieces of armor together are you referring to the different plates, like joining the kidney and butt plate for example? If so I say no you definitely don't want to do that, first being you won't be able to get your armor 501st approved secondly you'll kill your mobility. Snaps and nylon webbing or elastic are very common. Hope this helps

well i mean like gluing nylon straps to hold both parts together instead of using snaps if you get what i mean 

Edited by delcid23456

5 hours ago, delcid23456 said:

well i mean like gluing nylon straps to hold both parts together instead of using snaps if you get what i mean 

No worries. Your only concern will be storage. Shoulders to cod is about 3'. This is not a big deal considering screen accurate assembly is pretty much the same setup but with brackets and straps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

No worries. Your only concern will be storage. Shoulders to cod is about 3'. This is not a big deal considering screen accurate assembly is pretty much the same setup but with brackets and straps. 

good point i haven't thought about storage i guess ill just stick with snaps then 

thanks 

Edited by delcid23456