Delcid's AM tk armor build

delcid23456

alright so quick update on the thighs luckly i dont have to redo them for approval which is always nice and plus i am nearly done with all the limbs, as well as finishing the shims for the kidney, pictures will come later because at the moment im typing this at work right now lol, also there may be a slow down with the build because finals are coming up and i don't want to fail college, im sure you guys can understand. anyways have a good day and long live the empire 

hey troopers got another quick uptade for ya, so just right earlier the shims i used for the kidney plate is finished and just right now i covered the seams using some abs paste, and now i gonna let them dry over night and afgter i came back to work, i'm going to sand it and then at some more if necessary.

8OfaaBr.jpg

OekkO29.jpg

Also, i have a quick question about the shoulders, which one is left and which is right. 

sFLHiQy.jpg

thanks 

Edited by delcid23456

Looking good Christian. Though AM shoulder bells look a bit different then what was used in the movies, to answer your question as to which side goes where note the swoops in the following reference photos.

Left

0f7f15d3-79ad-4693-b3da-e8cbc650c92d.jpg

Right

Shoulder%20plates.jpg

5 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good Christian. Though AM shoulder bells look a bit different then what was used in the movies, to answer your question as to which side goes where note the swoops in the following reference photos.

Left

0f7f15d3-79ad-4693-b3da-e8cbc650c92d.jpg

Right

Shoulder%20plates.jpg

thanks ukswrath i'll try to see if i can incorporate it with the bells i have, but i think i am starting to understand what you mean about the swoops on the shoulder bells 

Edited by delcid23456

hey troopers 

just wanted to show off my new boots i got from imperial boots, at first i was scared they wouldn't fit, but once i got home and tried them on i was very happy with them, they were well made and feel very comfortable. unfortunately one of the sides, specifically the elastic, got a little dirty, but i don't have a problem with it since it'll be covered by the shins. 

Cj2hoaq.jpg

• Like 1

hey troopers, i got a quick question, does any one know any thread that shows how to properly do the boiling water method because the other day i was trying it on the biceps and they didn't really change at all

42 minutes ago, delcid23456 said:

hey troopers, i got a quick question, does any one know any thread that shows how to properly do the boiling water method because the other day i was trying it on the biceps and they didn't really change at all

Bring a pot of water to a boil

Once boiling reduce to a simmer

Dip or submerge item for 30-45 seconds. Note: the thicker the armor the longer the duration of dip.

Remove

Hold in desired shape while running under cold water for 30+ seconds

Repeat if necessary

And for the love of all things Star Wars please where heat and water resistant gloves ;)

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Bring a pot of water to a boil

Once boiling reduce to a simmer

Dip or submerge item for 30-45 seconds. Note: the thicker the armor the longer the duration of dip.

Remove

Hold in desired shape while running under cold water for 30+ seconds

Repeat if necessary

And for the love of all things Star Wars please where heat and water resistant gloves ;)

You forgot butter...you need butter (and maybe a pinch of salt).

When you are ready to dip, have the cold water running and be aware of hot water dripping from the armor. For my bells, I did 15 sec to start (learning curve). You will quickly get the hang of it.

-Good Luck!

• Like 2

hey troopers, so yesterday i put on my armor for the first time, not completely done though, and i took some pictures of the armor and i would like to here your opinion on what you think of it so far 

Rw2TR0B.jpg

ufIN9uF.jpg

kTNJPlD.jpg

C2donoL.jpg

please give me any feed back on what you think of it at the moment, keep in mind though i haven't finished the kidney shims, the button plates might need a little more work, the left shin just needs the back cover strip, i still need to do the strapping system for the torso and arms, still need to add the ammo belt on the right thigh, start on building the belt, and finally make the biceps more comfortable.

thanks 

Hey Christian looking good brother. Honestly it's hard to give you any feedback until you have strapping installed to hold areas in place, kind of like looking at a rough draft. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

What Tony said^^^

Get some of the strapping done and then post pictures. When you have your arms in the air, as a "taller bigger" trooper don't expect to do that or snaps will become undone (plus Vader does not approve of surrendering). 

What plans to hold up your thighs (belt, harness,etc...)? Get some of the foam to line the insides of the thighs and shins, that will help with the sniper knee and the rotation of the shins. 

• Like 1

hey troopers, so a little update on the shims, to be honest they are an absolute pain in the but, at the moment here are some pictures of what they look like at the moment 

gHXkSgt.jpg

5Jtx9Kj.jpg 

heres a pic of what they look like up close

2TpHcs4.jpg

so as you can see i have made some progress of them, but every time i add a layer and sand it there is always these little craters on it and i do not know if i have to keep sanding until the whole thing is smooth or until there is no sign of a seam, also ones i finish with it, what is the best way to blend it with the armor, paint it or polish it 

• 3 weeks later...

hey troopers, sorry for not posting in a while, but i managed to finish my armor and i would like to know what 

ZSTEUw1.jpg

sorry for the blurry photo and i also for got to get some side and back pictures but please tell me what you think 

Edited by delcid23456

hey troopers, sorry for not posting in a while, but i managed to finish my armor and i would like to know what 
ZSTEUw1.jpg&key=10c4cab8c1319d83ceb0d52465af1cdc23b03cb76a07ae9d3e9247243df11ff9

sorry for the blurry photo and i also for got to get some side and back pictures but please tell me what you think 

Not bad for what’s there. Maybe throw some pics up on the preapproval section and get some feedback as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Like Frank said, get some more pictures and post on pre-approval, lots more will see it there. First glance you need to tighten up the shoulder bells, tops should be next to the straps. Other than that, looking good!