Delcid's AM tk armor build

delcid23456

Nice progress Christian. Regarding the sniper knee, beside cutting the end now would also be a good time to taper the horizontal edge to follow the shin armor upper edge.

Here's a reference photo

4954ba58-dc5a-4d37-ad0f-51396a3921d3.jpg

8 minutes ago, LTM said:

I did not cut the back of the sniper plate. Maybe thin the front plate some first?

Copy that, keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

And yes you can thin the front plate some also ;)

Edited by ukswrath

Here is mine, hope it helps. You will see the top line of the plate does not follow the shin top, just not possible in my case. Note that the plate was thinned, this was to help stop it catching on the thigh. Make sure you attach with removable glue, you might need to re-position a couple of time after trooping. 

0wEC5Eq.jpg

kDnRHQ3.jpg

• Like 3

hey troopers,

first of all, what did you guys think of the new star wars movie teaser, and also i just finished the right bicep and it fits very good i just need to make the cover strips shorter and i'm done, so heres some photos 

MKazbKx.jpg

ybgp45u.jpg

also for the main body im thinking about doing the suspenders with the body instead of making the body one whole piece like most armors but i'm also thinking about combining the pieces of armor together using e6000 glue instead of snaps, what do you guys think, is it a good idea or should i stick with using the snaps

thanks 

5 minutes ago, delcid23456 said:

hey troopers,

first of all, what did you guys think of the new star wars movie teaser, and also i just finished the right bicep and it fits very good i just need to make the cover strips shorter and i'm done, so heres some photos 

also for the main body im thinking about doing the suspenders with the body instead of making the body one whole piece like most armors but i'm also thinking about combining the pieces of armor together using e6000 glue instead of snaps, what do you guys think, is it a good idea or should i stick with using the snaps

thanks 

Me, I won't watch the trailers for a variety of reasons. Just a personal thing.

Biceps are looking good, nice work :duim:

Suspenders are common so great idea there. 

When you say glue pieces of armor together are you referring to the different plates, like joining the kidney and butt plate for example? If so I say no you definitely don't want to do that, first being you won't be able to get your armor 501st approved secondly you'll kill your mobility. Snaps and nylon webbing or elastic are very common. Hope this helps

37 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

When you say glue pieces of armor together are you referring to the different plates, like joining the kidney and butt plate for example? If so I say no you definitely don't want to do that, first being you won't be able to get your armor 501st approved secondly you'll kill your mobility. Snaps and nylon webbing or elastic are very common. Hope this helps

well i mean like gluing nylon straps to hold both parts together instead of using snaps if you get what i mean 

Edited by delcid23456

5 hours ago, delcid23456 said:

well i mean like gluing nylon straps to hold both parts together instead of using snaps if you get what i mean 

No worries. Your only concern will be storage. Shoulders to cod is about 3'. This is not a big deal considering screen accurate assembly is pretty much the same setup but with brackets and straps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

No worries. Your only concern will be storage. Shoulders to cod is about 3'. This is not a big deal considering screen accurate assembly is pretty much the same setup but with brackets and straps. 

good point i haven't thought about storage i guess ill just stick with snaps then 

thanks 

Edited by delcid23456

• 2 weeks later...

hey troopers, 

sorry i haven't posted in a while ive been trying to do a lot of the limbs and so far im nearly finished with the limbs as well as the chest and back plates. anyways, ive been doing some work on the kidney/abdomen plates and i made a little mess up on the ab plate but it should be an easy fix. anyways heres some pictures of what ive been doing with the ab/kidney plate 

This is some pictures of me trying it on with masking tape 

qbFi54c.jpg

wZqAcrW.jpg

KBE7OyC.jpg

zquJrxc.jpg

on the last picture I put only one piece of masking tape to hold that side together and I did that on purpose because I wanted the tape to almost mimic the way i would finish the armor so the left side would be held up with them touching, and the right side would be held up by a snap and elastic or nylon. if there is a way better method for people with a bit of a stomach  please let me know/send me a link please.

Thanks

Edited by delcid23456

Check some of the other AM builds, I am thinking you might want to lose the return on the cod (or at least some of that). Trooping with returns there can give you armor bites.

When testing for fit, always wear your undersuit to get it accurate.  Have you trimmed anything off the kidney or abs in the picture above?

The cod piece i have trimmed it and sanded it and i dont have any problems with it so far but i will sand it more to make it look nice and round. I haven't cut the kidney and butt plate to match with the abdomen yet but once i finish with combining them both i will do so 

hey troopers, 
sorry i haven't posted in a while ive been trying to do a lot of the limbs and so far im nearly finished with the limbs as well as the chest and back plates. anyways, ive been doing some work on the kidney/abdomen plates and i made a little mess up on the ab plate but it should be an easy fix. anyways heres some pictures of what ive been doing with the ab/kidney plate 
This is some pictures of me trying it on with masking tape 
qbFi54c.jpg&key=aa44ba9d7035544b99f8dccc756ed5c0bf91c7b72ae47dac21ce9efc6466dcdd
wZqAcrW.jpg&key=e6d1415f864273b4715f5ee18afc5061bbd29b92ab27b3276eabb4a7b45b8e06
KBE7OyC.jpg&key=5433ae46ffdf986ff70247f9a2dc4c5173803e44ad34508306a9053ae295a68c
zquJrxc.jpg&key=d734779c6f09510cb309d5594720a3086cd30e82c04b062da792c083e63eeb39
on the last picture I put only one piece of masking tape to hold that side together and I did that on purpose because I wanted the tape to almost mimic the way i would finish the armor so the left side would be held up with them touching, and the right side would be held up by a snap and elastic or nylon. if there is a way better method for people with a bit of a stomach  please let me know/send me a link please.
Thanks

My question is WHY do you have 3 RIVITS in place of the right side of the abd ???

(RIVITS go only on the left side)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh yeah at first i was thing about holding them together with elastic straps on both the left and right sides  and then put on the armor like im putting on pants which sounds kinda stupid saying like that, but then i did more research on it and realized that its only on the left side. i will cover up the holes with some abs paste, i just need to make some first but yeah sorry for that confusion.

Edited by delcid23456

ok so i just found a way to make the kidney and abdomen plate touch and connect to each other. I have 6 extra abs strips and im going to make the kidney plate extend a bit more, plus i dont have to hide any seams or cut anything off the kidney plate. 

shout out to victor from AM Armor for giving me the idea 

Thanks for showing me the some threads on putting together shims. I have done a bit more research on some more methods for puting the shims together ( not saying the ones u sent me were terrible because they are not, they are pretty awesome) and i found one that i think will be a lot more secure and hide the seams a bit better. Also after filling and sanding over the seams, would guys recommend painting over it with a gloss or semi-gloss white paint, or polish it with Novus 123 step polish. 

Thanks, 

And Long Live The Empire

Edited by delcid23456

1 hour ago, delcid23456 said:

What do you mean 

In your "big brown box" you should have extra plastic that is used for cover strips and shims. If you use that, you should not need to paint the shims. Worst case is novus polish and some elbow grease. 

hey troopers 

so for a few days ive been working on and off on the chest and back plates and i happy to say that i have completed it along with the shoulder bells 

Hdasban.jpg

WlOfR1f.jpg

l5lshPy.jpg

TAtL4Ir.jpg

also yes i am aware that the shoulder bells dont touch the shoulder straps all the way but i did try it and it didn't go well it felt very tangled and hard to get on. so i re done the shoulder straps and made the straps for the shoulder bells and it feels a lot better for me and also if y'all noticed the shoe string on the shoulder straps too, don't worry they are only temporary i'm just keeping them there until i some white shoe string or anything of that kind. id love to hear your feed back on how it looks and if i am on the right track.

thanks 

p.s. and yes that is my face 

so i finished both the thighs, besides the putting on the ammo belt, but i made the left thigh wider than the other 

numRcf5.jpg

if you think it will effect my approval please let me know and i will try to make it shorter thanks 

Looks good Christian, nice work :duim:

Was there a reason for making one thigh larger than the other? You can always run it by your garrison GML since they'll be the one approving your armor. 

50 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Looks good Christian, nice work :duim:

Was there a reason for making one thigh larger than the other? You can always run it by your garrison GML since they'll be the one approving your armor. 

well the right one when i trimmed the back of it, i trimmed a bit too much, and with the left one i was trying to make it feel less tighter but i am not sure weather i need to make the left one tighter or try to fix the right one i bit more. but if the gml says its fine then i wont really change it 

• Like 1