Delcid's AM tk armor build

delcid23456

Hey future brothers and sisters of the Empire, 

I decided to do something i should have done a while ago and start a build thread. Have a couple only a few pieces of armor that are only have way finished, but I am extremely far from done. The local members tell me that doing a build tread would really help me out a lot so I decided to start one. I might ask a lot of stupid questions and some that might not make sense so just letting yall know that. I hope to get a lot of good feedback, and criticism from you guys, as well as some pointers about what and what not to do. I will be posting pictures of what i have done so far pretty soon so ill keep yall posted. 

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, delcid23456 said:

By the way how do I upload photos 

A few of us use Imgur, it's an online photo host, you upload your photos there then use "direct link" or just copy and paste your image directly into your thread.

Hey troopers here are the pictures I promised. I have here the helmet(wuth only the stickers on and mouth painted so far),the right leg (without the back of it glue on yet or the ammo belt attached), the left shin (without the back finished and no sniper knee plate attached), and the gloves/hand guards.

bvGZhvP.jpg

HJnom8r.jpg

YGCP8G2.jpg

q9j6iIb.jpg

0EDKNsT.jpg

fswublF.jpg

Edited by delcid23456
Not enought detail

Hey troopers,

I know im kinda late about asking this but i wanted to know what yall think of what i have done so far, please give me any feedback or advice on what to improve on with the pieces i have partially finished 

Hey Christian.  From what I can see, things are looking good.  :duim:

You probably know this, but be sure to trim the coverstrips at the top of the thigh and at the bottom of the shins so they don't stick out past the pieces.  The coverstrips on the thighs could be a bit wider to cover the raised part a bit more, but that is just a minor detail.

Some pics of where the TD clips meet the control panel would be good - just to make sure that the TD is good to go (looks good otherwise). 

Looks like you are still painting your bucket, what grey did you use for the frown - it looks light in the pictures?  You might want to raise the brow a touch - it looks a little low for a stunt TK.  And a little more trimming on that right eye (unless you are going for the "move along" sandtrooper look).  The mesh on your hovi-mics look coarse but it could be the picture.  You might want to post a clearer picture  - the mesh needs to be a certain density for upper level approval, but this is not a concern for basic approval.  You tube stripes look great - this is something a few of us have botched on our first build. :blush:

Keep it up! Post more pics (some side pics of the bucket)!  We love pics.

Edited by wook1138

hey wook1138

to answer your question, I used the no. 5 gloss humbrol paint for the frown and unfortunately the grey on the stickers i used do not match the grey on the frown. Also yes the right eye does look a little weird but that was how it was the helmet was made. Also as requested here are some pictures of the helmet on the side (note these pictures are before i put on the blue vent stickers and painted the frown) 

YinhdcA.jpg

Uz54JuW.jpg

If you're wondering why the screw on the bottom of the right ear (the first picture) looks pretty wonky its because it was the only way I could really  cover as much of the gap as possible. 

Edited by delcid23456

Also heres the best I could do with the gaps 

kobtTPR.jpg

SWyFkSd.jpg

I know they are not perfect but its my second attempt on trying to put together a bucket. 

p.s. the first attempt if your curious was pretty much the equivalent of a 5 y/o trying to be a dentist 

p.p.s. the first attempt helmet (as well as going to an armor party and spending hours on the forums) did help with testing out some stuff tips I heard about on the forum. but I wont let my first attempt helmet stay a test dummy, I will put it to use it for a project in the future but that will be for another time.

• Like 1

Hey Christian looking good, keep up the great work :jc_doublethumbup:. Before you get much further with the ears, if you plan on applying for the higher levels of approval you'll most likely be asked to adjust their position. The upper and lower screws should follow the trailing edge of the traps. Here's a couple reference photos. 

stunt%20ear%20angle.jpg

helmet%20right%20ear.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

4 minutes ago, delcid23456 said:

Thanks Ukswrath, 

but honestly at the moment I'm just trying to get basic approval, but in the future I might go for higher levels once I get more experience and feel more comfortable with building kits.

No worries, information for the future when you need it. :salute:

9 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Regarding the gap on the ears - it is screen accurate to have some gap, so don't sweat it. :)

thanks wook1138, 

I myself am aware of it but its the screw that holds the bottom of the ear that I'm not sure will be ok for approval 

Edited by delcid23456

Just now, delcid23456 said:

thanks wook1138, 

I myself am aware of it but its the screw that holds the bottom of the ear that I'm not sure will be ok for approval I'm not sure if yall noticed it

I suggest positioning it as flush as possible for a few reasons like accuracy, aesthetics and safety

2 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I suggest positioning it as flush as possible for a few reasons like accuracy, aesthetics and safety

I'll try to see If i can position it a little bit better once I get home, or atleast make it look a little better 

Edited by delcid23456
  • Like 1

Nice work, I would also try to get your brow trim a little straighter, also Stunt version stormtroopers also had a little white showing under the brow trim, you may want to adjust ;) 

A New Hope Stunt Helmet Eyes 01

• Like 1

hey troopers 

so I have finally finished 90% of my helmet and i feel very proud of it now it is far from perfect but I feel very happy with what i have done far 

Hje3sgM.jpg

SLoeRpY.jpg

biILola.jpg

i know its not completely finished right now i still have to color the screws white and at the mesh on the frown but please give me any feedback or comments about my helmet thanks 

• Like 1

hey troopers

so i just finished my right thigh except for the ammo belt i wanted to know what you guys think or if i messed up really bad, hopefully i didn't haha

XAG1PB1.jpg

MzGeTwq.jpg

here is what it looks like on me (front and back)

XraIq6y.jpg

8Adxeog.jpg

now as you can tell it fits good but its really hard to bend my leg unfortunately but im probably gonna cut a bit on the top to make it fit better. 

also i would like to know if these lines on these pictures would be the right place to cut 

KJCGGZx.jpg

ZpFs25A.jpg

AMMOe8y.jpg

im sorry if you guys can't see the lines i would have put a line digitally but i don't even know how to do it but please let me know if thats where i should cut on these pieces 

thanks

p.s. how Celebrations, I wish I could have gone haha but maybe next time