rthxuw9.jpg?1

2.  Back view (arms down) 

JvHPawr.jpg?1y1SqmjL.jpg?1

3.  Left side (arms raised) 

PDf62X3.jpg?1fpNXi7R.jpg?1

VS0hwNn.jpg?1

5.  Ab plate close-up       

xOUyZqC.jpg?1

6.  Helmet close-up (front, left and right sides) 

mWcgFi8.jpg?1

wBNN4iD.jpg?2

rTWOVCM.jpg?2

REALLY nice job on this armor, Alicia, especially since you had to cut it down quite a bit!   I can see no major issues that would keep you from Basic approval, but of course that would be up to your GML.

A few small issues that I would recommend (especially if you are hopefully aiming for EI/Centurion) are listed below, but none that should affect basic.  Best of luck on your approval!

1.  Paint the kidney rivets white.

2.  Change out the bottom ear screws to the flat countersunk slotted type.  (The same as the top 2).

3.  AWESOME job on the shoulder bell/shoulder bridge connection!  The gap in the front is also perfect, but the gap in the back is a little wide.  Removing all the return edge from the bottom of the bells will help bring them in a bit. 

4.  The strapping on your bicep/forearm connection is causing them to sit unevenly, resulting in a difference in the size of the gaps.

5.  The bottom of the back plate wants to ride out.  Some additional strapping towards the ends or reducing the length of the existing straps may help.

MX1Onv3.jpg    l1vnRoo.jpg?1   wdw3cdg.jpg

Since I am a member of the Makaze Squad, I gotta ask about the "Honorable Mention" thing, lol.

Great job on your armor Alicia. As for the arms, in addition to the strapping adjustments as Joseph mentioned dropping the biceps 1/2" or so will will even out the armor placement. 

Good luck with your approval

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

REALLY nice job on this armor, Alicia, especially since you had to cut it down quite a bit!   I can see no major issues that would keep you from Basic approval, but of course that would be up to your GML.

A few small issues that I would recommend (especially if you are hopefully aiming for EI/Centurion) are listed below, but none that should affect basic.  Best of luck on your approval!

1.  Paint the kidney rivets white.

2.  Change out the bottom ear screws to the flat countersunk slotted type.  (The same as the top 2).

3.  AWESOME job on the shoulder bell/shoulder bridge connection!  The gap in the front is also perfect, but the gap in the back is a little wide.  Removing all the return edge from the bottom of the bells will help bring them in a bit. 

4.  The strapping on your bicep/forearm connection is causing them to sit unevenly, resulting in a difference in the size of the gaps.

5.  The bottom of the back plate wants to ride out.  Some additional strapping towards the ends or reducing the length of the existing straps may help.

Since I am a member of the Makaze Squad, I gotta ask about the "Honorable Mention" thing, lol.

I completely forgot about the rivets there!! I'll definitely try to implement those changes to tailor the details. 

I started working on the TK in Orlando before I moved to Colorado Springs, so I went to several Armor Party's with Gary at the TK Sweatshop. It was always really productive and helpful there so even though I may not be a member of Makaze, they'll always feel like my first squad. haha

• Like 1

Since everyone's already caught every (pretty minor) thing I caught, I will just add that your sniper plate is wanting to tuck under your thigh.  This is incredibly common, and I've dealt with it myself.  The fix is easy: take a cheap washcloth (like from the Dollar Store), fold it up and wrap it up in duct tape.  Duct tape that package into the top front of your shin behind the sniper plate.  Done. 

The washcloth punches out the sniper plate just that little bit needed to keep it from tucking under the thigh.  It will also prevent it from catching and potentially popping off due to pressure from the thigh coming down on it when walking.  

Good luck!  Looking good!  I expect to see EIB and possibly Centurion shots from you in the future.  

Just now, sharkbait said:

I will just add that your sniper plate is wanting to tuck under your thigh

I was just coming back to add that LOL.  Yeah some padding behind the sniper knee will help.

Also the straps on your holster stick out the top a bit.  Not sure if that's kosher or not but it's an easy enough fix.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Aeosyn said:

I started working on the TK in Orlando before I moved to Colorado Springs, so I went to several Armor Party's with Gary at the TK Sweatshop. It was always really productive and helpful there so even though I may not be a member of Makaze, they'll always feel like my first squad. haha

Then I probably met you!  I have been at all of Gary's APs for the last 3 years.  Great to see that you are ready for approval!

Looks great Alicia!  One thing I noticed I didn't see mentioned... on your left thigh, at the very bottom, there's a bit of gap between the plates

image.png.424e073a4f72810ce8240359a20adf9e.png

I had the same problem when I built mine.  The fix is super simple though; just glue a piece of white scrap ABS on the inside and you're good :)

You look great for basic approval I think.  Best of luck!

7 hours ago, Alay said:

One thing I noticed I didn't see mentioned... on your left thigh, at the very bottom, there's a bit of gap between the plates 

image.png.424e073a4f72810ce8240359a20adf9e.png

I used a backer and some ABS paste to fill it in.  I stuck the end of a scrap bit of ABS into some Acetone until it became like a runny crayon, then used it to fill in. 

• Like 1