Dark brimstone

Always a Star Wars fan!!

Hello, my name is Matt

I have always loved everything Star Wars hooked from the time I saw ESB in the theater. I have been making my own costumes for a while now and I'm pretty good with eva foam. Last year I went to Denver Comic Con as Darth Revan and made my son a set of excicutioner armor. I saw the 501st at their booth. They were all a great bunch of people. In my conversation with them I found that eva is not acceptable as a build material in a costume. Since then I looked deeper into the 501st and I am very impressed with all that you have done for charity. That is what I want to do put smiles on faces and help people visit a galaxy far far away. Early in the year I started reading the FISD forums I have always liked the Empire's characters especially stormtroopers. So last week I ordered my first real Stormtrooper armor and recieved my BBB from AM armor Friday. I am excited about the build  but a bit nervous about working with the ABS plastic. I  will to start my WIP soon.2018-06-16_09-52-10_831.thumb.jpg.0cd938a9d8dfd3ce078a2e8a59c1c2cc.jpg

• Like 4

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing the BBB unpacking and progress on your build thread, good luck

Welcome to FISD!

Nothing beats a BBB at the door.

Great to have you here, Matthew!  You won't be sorry you ordered from AM, and now comes the fun part... putting it together).  My advice would be to start your own build thread, where you can post lots of photos, ask questions (as many as you like) and show off your progress.  You can find the appropriate area here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-501st-approved/

If you are going for an ESB build, I believe AM still adds in the correct hand guards with their kit, but there are several other differences between ANH and ESB that you should be aware of.  A complete list of those can be found here:  http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Always feel free to ask for help if you need it, especially before cutting/gluing.  Best of luck on your build!!

Good luck on the build and its great to have you here.

Also, although it's not acceptable, the EVA armor and costumes you made look really good. :duim:

Can't wait to follow your build once it begins. ;)

Hey Matthew, great looking costumes and welcome to FISD:salute:

Very Awesome. I look forward to your Build Thread. Good Luck! :duim:

Welcome! :D

Hello and welcome to the FISD. 

Welcome aboard Matthew!  I look forward to seeing you in the white. :salute:

Hello Matthew! Welcome to the might FISD!

Welcome aboard!

Don't be nervous about ABS. 

My advice  - Read.  Ask questions.  Read more.  Ask more questions. 

Next, gather your supplies:

There are a ton of resources on this site for you, not the least of which is the community. 

Don't forget the visual library: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

I look forward to following your build thread!

Welcome to the FISD!  Don't let the ABS scare you. ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement!! A question I have is where do I get boots. TK boots no longer sells them and Imperial boots has a big closed sign on the sight. Mostly the boots I have found have a seam on the front. It looks like I may have to buy black Chelsea and dye them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Dark brimstone said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement!! A question I have is where do I get boots. TK boots no longer sells them and Imperial boots has a big closed sign on the sight. Mostly the boots I have found have a seam on the front. It looks like I may have to buy black Chelsea and dye them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Matt! Good luck with your build. As for boots, Imperial Boots does theirs in waves each month or so for about 8 or 9 days. the next wave opens April 19th, so if you could wait until then, it will be worth it. I personally have TK Boots but Imperial is just as great quality. You could also post on the boards and see if anyone is selling boots.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Matt!

Judging by your picture you should have no problem putting a kit together.

A good tip: don't use CA glue. E-6000 is the glue that works best.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hi Mathew, welcome to FISD, as you have gathered, there is plenty of help and a huge knowledge base here.

Looking forward to your build thread..

ABS is always fun, Just remember Measure twice, cut less than you need to, and ABS paste can fix everything, It just maybe tedious and messy to do.

Welcome to the Shiny white plastic space people world

Welcome and congratulations on your BBB Day!  Good choice on AM- I have it and love it.  Check out build threads and the EIB/Centurion (approved) applications- great for step by step and close up shots for how things are supposed to look.  And, of course, ask all the questions!  That's what we're here for.  

Hello and welcome! AM is great armor, you will love building this kit.

Hi Matt- intotally hear you about the nerves when working on ABS; you feel like one little screw up and you’re done. It’s actually not that bad, coming from someone who had ZERO costuming experience. You’ll do fine. You have a good support system here In the FISD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Congrats on your BBB. Definitely keep an eye out for the differences for ESB. The overwhelming majority of TKs are ANH Stunts and though most of the build is the same, keep the differences in mind. Here's a good thread for that:

• Like 1

Hi Matthew and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper: