Assembling armor from scratch out of EVA foam and then coating it in fiberglass?

EndangeredScrub

I found this really cool tutorial on assembling clone scout armor out of eva foam. I was going to use this template as a starting point to make a basic phase 2 clone armor. I was going to 3d print the helmet and assemble the rest of the armor out of eva foam and then cover the armor in a coat of fiberglass resin. I understand that I will need to modify the scout armor to be a basic phase 2 clone. Different abs piece and different shin and thigh pieces possibly using paper craft . If I can make stars align and use this method and I can get it to be screen accurate could this be 501st approved? 

Capture.PNG

While I second asking on the Clone forums, as they would know best, I would be cautious because EVA foam is not an allowed material for 501st approval.  So I'm not sure if that would mean that it could be used at all, even if as a base.  

• Like 1

The Detachment with the costume is the Pathfinders Detachment, they deal with scouts and those sort of troopers. Link: http://www.501stpathfinders.com/

My first costume I built was a Clone ARC trooper out of EVA foam. Though I learned a lot, I would recommend another route. But once I got my hands on kits made from ABS and other, sturdier materials, I never wanted to use EVA foam again. With that said, foam is fun to make props, but not really 501st quality.

Good luck friend! :)