FOTK CRL update March 2019

It's been brought up in another thread this CRL statement is in question "Abdomen Section - 
The abdomen has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown and sit flush against the armor." 

How flush is flush? The remaining question is should this be at basic, L2 or L3?

Anyway here's a photo of movie armor stating the obvious.

IMG_1590.jpg

Sorry for the edits, I misunderstood the question being asked in the other thread. 

Edited by ukswrath

flush

(flʌʃ)

adj (usually postpositive)
1. level or even with another surface
2. directly adjacent

Abdomen Section
  • The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.
  • The abdomen has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown and sit flush against the armor.
  • The large box has a small black recessed square to on the lower left to the wearer.
  • The second box to the right of the wearer has a small black recessed rectangle near the top.

L2

• The abdomen boxes should sit flush/hard up against the armor with little gap

zzzzv.png

• Like 2

Great question, the FISD has never been in the habit of making someone pull out a ruler to check measurement. Specific numbers are generally to be used as a guideline. The term "little" gap used by Glen though broad would also allow for minor imperfections. Without it's absolutely black and white, no pun intended ;)  That said we've all heard the CRLs may be changing, to what extent has yet to be determined. Threads like this are where you can voice your facts, opinions and provide screen shots for reference.  

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yea this was a discussion I was looking for as I'm starting to trim my ab boxes and was worried on getting them super flush or if they were supposed to be filled since the crl pic is clearly paste filled from the texture around where the boxes join.