FOTK forearm fitment for smaller frames

Just finished my first troop so I'm not sure if this is normal for the FOTK. The forearms fits in such a way that limits my arm mobility. They are just too long. I can barely reach my helmet with the tips of my fingers. The way they are made, I don't see a way to make them any shorter, as there is the box on top and hole details on the end. Has anyone had success in modding them for this issue? It is a KB props kit. I know they are turned way wrong in this picture, but it gives a good example of the detail on the forearm.

IMG_20190316_165940_113.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Johnny you can probably trim the curvature a bit to give you more mobility but I'd be careful. As you mentioned your forearms are way out of alignment. Does it make any difference when removing your helmet if they're in the correct position? For the record I have the Anovos beta kit, I'm roughly 6' and taking my helmet off is limited to my finger tips also. 

Edited by ukswrath

Ok, that makes me feel better. Yes they are WAY off in this photo, but I'm talking about even when they are all lined up and nice. It is a huge difference when they are lined up vs not due to the curve on the rail side. They are even pushed up to my glove plate so there isn't a gap there.

2 minutes ago, johnnycano said:

Ok, that makes me feel better. Yes they are WAY off in this photo, but I'm talking about even when they are all lined up and nice. It is a huge difference when they are lined up vs not due to the curve on the rail side. They are even pushed up to my glove plate so there isn't a gap there.

Welcome to the FOTK world lol. Gaskets make a difference also but if you already have the flexible versions (non rubber) then you're already headed in the right direction.

So the best I could do is moving the gaskets to their absolute limit-to where the velcro is almost exposed. It allows the forearm to be below the line of the bicep when my arm is fully bent. I gained another inch or two of movement.